Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using custom Encoder profiles when using 'create disk'
Aeropars [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2010 15:33 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Nearing the end of my trial period and I've created a pretty large AVCHD based project. If I output this using the 'produce' tab i don't have a 720p resolution setting so I created one manually to reduce file size (i also reduced the average bitrate to 10000).

My target is to get AVCHD disks burnt onto DVD for use in a PS3 and other blueray players.

My project is 45 mins long and weighs in about 6gb according to the estimated encoder size. With my custom AVCHD profile it shows 3.3gb which is good enough for what I want.

If I use the create disk part of the software, i select AVCHD but no custom profiles show here. Is this a limitation or is there another way around it?

Cheers
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Lee -

My understanding is that the 3 AVCHD burn settings that are there is what you have to choose from. Only at the produce stage can you customise profiles.

I am happy to be shown to incorrect, but that's what I thought.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Aeropars [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2010 15:33 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Thats a shame.

Does anyone have any thoughts on custom settings to produce a 720p video? I tried one but the quality wasnt as good asI would have hoped.

LEe
[Post New]
Lee,

I made a few resent posts on your topic, give some search under the posts in my name. Will just summarize: if your source files are 1080i stick with the same resoultion for the final video. Conversion to 720p format is going to suck, making the moving video jerky.
The best compact format to-produce-in turned out AVC H.264 1920x1080 for me . It is half the size of BD 19020x1080. No need to burn video to a BD or DVD, just "produce" and AVCHD file and copy it onto a portable media, like compactFlash card, etc. and connect it to your PS3 with USB and enjoy the playback. That's what I have been doing lately, until I buy BD burner. Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.