Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You can still use your iGPU, Quick Sync encoding option. whether it's beneficial or not relative to CPU encoding depends on which CPU/iGPU you have, which produce formats you are using, timeline content, so usually best to do your own speed trials with it selected and not selected to validate speed and quality for your specific needs.

The error you see when using iGPU may be real, iGPU does not support whatever produce format you are using, or might be aftermath from a crashed encode session using the iGPU. More information would be needed about CPU/iGPU model and produce settings when error occurs to gain some insight into potential issue.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I cleared everything and restarted both the PD session and the computer. I've attached a screen shot of the export settings, in short: Exporting to H.264 AVC. In the screen shot, attemption 1920 x 1080/30p, but I tried it at all resolutions. This format and MPEG-2 are the only two where the Fast video rendering tech check box is even an option (greyed out on all others), and if I check it, I get the error message. Unchecked, both formats process fine.
Quote No setting will help, the GT 1030 GPU does not have any encoding capability.

Jeff

Ok that's what I wanted to know (even if I don't understand it, lol). It works great for Photoshop, so I hoped...

Do you know if there is any advantage/disadvantage to ticking the OpenCL box?
Added: my system specs
I have followed a couple of Youtube tutorials, and optodata's post here but can't seem to get PD 365 to use my NVIDIA GPU. I have multiple screen shots and steps taken, but before I go into all that - is it just that my older system/card can't handle it?

Just to note - when I have things set this way, the fast video rendering technology is greyed out, no option to use it. If I leave it at 'let Windows decide' I can tick the option, but it only offers the Intel Quick Sync option (Nothing else in dropdown), and if I try to export with that ticked, I get the attached error message.

ETA: I did optimize and restart after every settings change.
Quote That's an interesting question, but my take is that the 11 remaining months of your PD-only subscription will be converted to an additional 200 or so days of the DS subscription.

In essence, they won't give you a refund of the PD365 subscription, but they will convert that into the full DS subscription based on a conversion rate of 60%, which is basically the price difference between the plans. eg, a PD365 subscription is worth 60% of a DS one.

The other point is that PD365 is included in the DS plan, so there won't ever be two subscriptions. You either subscribe toe PD365 on its own, or you get it as part or Director Suite.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you should contact their customer service here and send a request from the Purchase//Payment form.

Thanks for the input optodata. I went ahead with it because the current sale ends today and I really want to use Photo Director right now (without the watermark). I will ask for clarification from customer service if it isn't obvious once I upgrade. I see in the CAM that the names all changed to DS and have 'install' beside them now. I guess I have to re-install even PD? That seems odd, but here I go...
Not a PD question exactly, but hoping one of you brilliant folks might know the answer. I recently subscribed to PD 365 and am looking at upgrading to Director Suite 365. In the FAQ it states:

---

Can I upgrade my existing PowerDirector 365 to Director Suite 365?

You can upgrade your existing PowerDirector 365 to Director Suite 365 by simply placing a new order here.
With the new purchase of Director Suite 365, the remaining days of your
PowerDirector 365 Annual plan will be added to your new Director Suite
Annual Plan. This will be prorated by multiplying your remaining days by
0.6 and adding them to your new plan.

---

My subscription is only a month old. I understand this to mean the 11 months remaining on PD365 would be added on to the year of Director Suite, but would I then also have Director Suite in full for those additional months, or am I going to get caught in a perpetual cycle of one expiring before the other?
Quote Yeah, Cyberlink changed the interface recently and none of the many older tutorials are accurate now

The online Help feature (F1) is always the best place to look for things like this. Using the Search function for plugin shows that those features are now part of the new Edit button above the timeline, in the Tools section.

To access them, you first need to place a clip on the timeline. The image below shows the next steps:

Thank you so much. I knew I was going to feel dumb- I should have realized that. Appreciate the help and the tip about F1.
I know I am going to feel stupid, but I cannot find them on PowerDirector365. On the Youtube tutorials it shows how to access through the Plug In Drop down menu > AI Style Plug In. I have downloaded and installed Impressionists1 & 2 through the application manager, but there is nothing in the menu. Help?

Thank you, Jeff. I guess I didn't word my search just right! Reading that thread, it seems I wasn't the only one with the question. And I see that it can't be implemented across the timeline/project. I hope Cyberlink will reconsider that!
I feel like this should be an easy fix, but I can't figure it out or locate an answer anywhere. When I resize an image/video in PIP designer (maintaining aspect ratio) I drag from a corner. It resizes from the center, rather than to the corner (the direction I'm dragging). Probably not explaining that well -- see images. 'q1' is where/how it resizes now, 'q2' is how I want it to look. In Adobe I would move the reference point, but that doesn't seem to be an option here. I know it can be done, as you can see here in this tutorial video at 2:43 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD8qRvtKDHQ&t=175s

(PS.. if you click on that tut you may notice I asked the same question of the author but they haven't responded as yet)
Hello. Can someone tell me what is the oldest version of PowerDirector that has the Video Collage Designer plug-in? Or if there is any way to obtain/install the plug in for PD 12?
Quote Like I said above, remember to specifically select a clip by clicking on it before you split/cut it. Otherwise PD will split all clips on all tracks at that point in the timeline. Try doing it for yourself and see what I mean.

That's the most likely reason I can think of for why you might have ended up with those tiny slivers of titles on Track 2

Okay I will give that a try to see if I can recreate the issue. Appreciate the help!
Quote Yes, those are slivers of some older titles that got cut from the main sections. That can happen if you're wanting to split the main clip on track 1 but you haven't specifically selecting it. PD will then cut all tracks at that location, which can leave you with slivers on all the other tracks.

Keep moving a current title to cover each one of the slivers, one at a time, and then choose Overwrite to get rid of them.

I'm not sure I understand how I did it, especially since it is only a few of the many titles I added. How can I avoid this happening?
Hi. It's been a minute since I've used PowerDirector (thus the old version) but I don't recall ever having this issue when I used it. I'm attempting to add some text (lyrics) to a video, and for some reason there seems to be duplicate or shadow of some of the titles. It's hard to explain, but the title 'flashes' for a split second and then works properly. If I move the title slightly, you can see there is something there, and if I move it back it will ask if I want to overwrite. If I do, it removes whatever is there and the problem is solved. Any ideas?

Quote Most android phones videos are variable frame rate not 30 fps. Right mouse click on a video in the media library and click View properties to see what the minimum and maximum frame rates are.

The Canon T5i videos are 23.976, 29.97, 59.94 fps not 24, 30, 60 fps at all according to the video specs in this article 4th paragraph down: https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-t5i/canon-t5iVIDEO.HTM . You can confirm this by viewing the properties in PD12 or in Windows/Properties at 29 not 30.

Like most people I would not worry about the frame rate, just accept it.

You can use Medinfo to check it out in detail.

This one in particular is my Android, and this is the video properties in PD:

I'm not concerned about the quality in this case, at this point I'm just curious to solve the puzzle.

Hi Cindy

Try deselecting shadow files. Maybe the conversion is causing a conflict.

Hi Shadowman (how ironic!! lol)

I deselected that box in GP, closed the program and re-openeded just in case, and checked to make sure it was still deselected. This time, as soon as I imported my video, I got this box:

I clicked "No", then continued with the import. Sadly, I still get the conflict message as soon as I add it to the timeline.
Quote Your Preference screenshot show that the timeline setting is 29.97 fps. That is what Use Drop frame time code: Yes means. If you want exact 30 fps then set that to No not Yes as shown in your screenshot for this project.

I just got back to this project today and tried this. No joy I get the same message.

Essentially, the message is telling me that the clip's framerate (30fps) is different from the frame rate set in my General Preferences (29.97) - when clearly my GP are set at 30fps. Unfortunately, changing from Yes to No in the Use Drop frame time code box didn't make any difference. I still get that same pop up.

ETA: It says to change the project's framerate. Is there a way to do that apart from the General Prefences? Maybe that is my issue.
Quote Your Preference screenshot show that the timeline setting is 29.97 fps. That is what Use Drop frame time code: Yes means. If you want exact 30 fps then set that to No not Yes as shown in your screenshot for this project.

Oh!! I never knew what that was for. Thank you!!!

Cindy, you are right, there is hardly any difference. It would hardly be noticeable. If you would prefer to be exact, you could create a custom profile when you produce the project. On the produce page click on the little "plus" sign and choose 29.7 as the custom frame rate. If you need further assistance post again. When you open the custom profile window give the profile a name that will remind you what is for

Thanks Shadowman. I think where my confusion lies is that the message is telling me that my clip is 30fps and my project's frame rate is 29.97 set in General preferences. Yet you can see my preferences are set at 30fps. So I'm not sure where this 29.97 is even coming from.
Quote It is not serious but you can go to Preferences/Confirmation and uncheck the box for framerate notification if you like.

I realize I can make the message go away - but I would like to know if there is actually a conflict. It's weird that it tells me to change it to something it already is. Am I losing some quality? Etc.
Power Director 12 64bit

I have had this issue many times over the course of owning PD12 and have just worked past it (aka, ignored it, lol) but I would like to know if there is a solution. When I import video taken with my phone (Android) or camera (Canon t5i) I get this message when adding to the timeline:

frame rate msg

However these are my frame rate settings:

preference

It says my frame rate is 30 FPS (not 29.97 fps which is virtually the same).

Is there an actual conflict here? And if so, is there a solution?
Go to: