Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles duplicated in PowerDirector 12
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. It's been a minute since I've used PowerDirector (thus the old version) but I don't recall ever having this issue when I used it. I'm attempting to add some text (lyrics) to a video, and for some reason there seems to be duplicate or shadow of some of the titles. It's hard to explain, but the title 'flashes' for a split second and then works properly. If I move the title slightly, you can see there is something there, and if I move it back it will ask if I want to overwrite. If I do, it removes whatever is there and the problem is solved. Any ideas?

[Thumb - track1.jpg]
 Filename
track1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Thumb - track2.jpg]
 Filename
track2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2023 16:17

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, those are slivers of some older titles that got cut from the main sections. That can happen if you're wanting to split the main clip on track 1 but you haven't specifically selecting it. PD will then cut all tracks at that location, which can leave you with slivers on all the other tracks.

Keep moving a current title to cover each one of the slivers, one at a time, and then choose Overwrite to get rid of them.
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, those are slivers of some older titles that got cut from the main sections. That can happen if you're wanting to split the main clip on track 1 but you haven't specifically selecting it. PD will then cut all tracks at that location, which can leave you with slivers on all the other tracks.

Keep moving a current title to cover each one of the slivers, one at a time, and then choose Overwrite to get rid of them.

I'm not sure I understand how I did it, especially since it is only a few of the many titles I added. How can I avoid this happening?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Like I said above, remember to specifically select a clip by clicking on it before you split/cut it. Otherwise PD will split all clips on all tracks at that point in the timeline. Try doing it for yourself and see what I mean.

That's the most likely reason I can think of for why you might have ended up with those tiny slivers of titles on Track 2
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Like I said above, remember to specifically select a clip by clicking on it before you split/cut it. Otherwise PD will split all clips on all tracks at that point in the timeline. Try doing it for yourself and see what I mean.

That's the most likely reason I can think of for why you might have ended up with those tiny slivers of titles on Track 2

Okay I will give that a try to see if I can recreate the issue. Appreciate the help!