where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resizing clips not from center position
Reply to this topic
Tom335 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 29, 2020 09:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm an newbie with PD365. Can I resize clips in PIP designer by just drag one corner so that the opposite corner stays at its position. In my PD version clips always resize from the center of the clip. When I drag one corner, the center of that clip stays at the same position and all other corners move accordingly which messes up my PiP layout.

Can this be changed?

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4692 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm an newbie with PD365. Can I resize clips in PIP designer by just drag one corner so that the opposite corner stays at its position. In my PD version clips always resize from the center of the clip. When I drag one corner, the center of that clip stays at the same position and all other corners move accordingly which messes up my PiP layout.

Can this be changed?

That used to be the default, but it was changed. You now have to move the anchor point in the PIP Object Settings, 0,0 anchor would be upper left corner of pic, a little green thumb tack appears when displayed.

Jeff
Tom335 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 29, 2020 09:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

That used to be the default, but it was changed. You now have to move the anchor point in the PIP Object Settings, 0,0 anchor would be upper left corner of pic, a little green thumb tack appears when displayed.

Jeff

Wow!

I found the anchor point in the PiP Designer Object Settings of the clip . I had to switch "Show anchor point" on and set X and Y to
zero.

Thank you so much Jeff!
You'saved me horus of twiddling around with clip positions!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4692 Offline
[Post New]
You can also mouse drag the green thumb tack to various locations manually vs the coordinate entry if desired.

Jeff
Reply to this topic