Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resizing clips not from center position
Tom335 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2020 09:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm an newbie with PD365. Can I resize clips in PIP designer by just drag one corner so that the opposite corner stays at its position. In my PD version clips always resize from the center of the clip. When I drag one corner, the center of that clip stays at the same position and all other corners move accordingly which messes up my PiP layout.

Can this be changed?

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm an newbie with PD365. Can I resize clips in PIP designer by just drag one corner so that the opposite corner stays at its position. In my PD version clips always resize from the center of the clip. When I drag one corner, the center of that clip stays at the same position and all other corners move accordingly which messes up my PiP layout.

Can this be changed?

That used to be the default, but it was changed. You now have to move the anchor point in the PIP Object Settings, 0,0 anchor would be upper left corner of pic, a little green thumb tack appears when displayed.

Jeff
Tom335 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2020 09:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

That used to be the default, but it was changed. You now have to move the anchor point in the PIP Object Settings, 0,0 anchor would be upper left corner of pic, a little green thumb tack appears when displayed.

Jeff

Wow!

I found the anchor point in the PiP Designer Object Settings of the clip . I had to switch "Show anchor point" on and set X and Y to
zero.

Thank you so much Jeff!
You'saved me horus of twiddling around with clip positions!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You can also mouse drag the green thumb tack to various locations manually vs the coordinate entry if desired.

Jeff
Pabl0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2010 12:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to change the default so the position of 0:0 applies to all clips? I'm halfway through creating a 4x4 video wall collage, and only recently updated to PD 365 from PD 14. Manually changing the anchor point for each clip is going to takes ages.

Thanks
P

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to change the default so the position of 0:0 applies to all clips? I'm halfway through creating a 4x4 video wall collage, and only recently updated to PD 365 from PD 14. Manually changing the anchor point for each clip is going to takes ages.

Thanks
P

It would be nice if they added even just a basic default checkbox by the anchor so one could change while working on certain editing aspects but no such luck. The new default is not currently adjustable.

New/changed feature, very poorly thought out implementation.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2022 19:46