Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading to Director Suite question
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Not a PD question exactly, but hoping one of you brilliant folks might know the answer. I recently subscribed to PD 365 and am looking at upgrading to Director Suite 365. In the FAQ it states:

---

Can I upgrade my existing PowerDirector 365 to Director Suite 365?

You can upgrade your existing PowerDirector 365 to Director Suite 365 by simply placing a new order here.
With the new purchase of Director Suite 365, the remaining days of your
PowerDirector 365 Annual plan will be added to your new Director Suite
Annual Plan. This will be prorated by multiplying your remaining days by
0.6 and adding them to your new plan.

---

My subscription is only a month old. I understand this to mean the 11 months remaining on PD365 would be added on to the year of Director Suite, but would I then also have Director Suite in full for those additional months, or am I going to get caught in a perpetual cycle of one expiring before the other?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's an interesting question, but my take is that the 11 remaining months of your PD-only subscription will be converted to an additional 200 or so days of the DS subscription.

In essence, they won't give you a refund of the PD365 subscription, but they will convert that into the full DS subscription based on a conversion rate of 60%, which is basically the price difference between the plans. eg, a PD365 subscription is worth 60% of a DS one.

The other point is that PD365 is included in the DS plan, so there won't ever be two subscriptions. You either subscribe toe PD365 on its own, or you get it as part or Director Suite.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you should contact their customer service here and send a request from the Purchase//Payment form.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2023 13:39

Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's an interesting question, but my take is that the 11 remaining months of your PD-only subscription will be converted to an additional 200 or so days of the DS subscription.

In essence, they won't give you a refund of the PD365 subscription, but they will convert that into the full DS subscription based on a conversion rate of 60%, which is basically the price difference between the plans. eg, a PD365 subscription is worth 60% of a DS one.

The other point is that PD365 is included in the DS plan, so there won't ever be two subscriptions. You either subscribe toe PD365 on its own, or you get it as part or Director Suite.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you should contact their customer service here and send a request from the Purchase//Payment form.

Thanks for the input optodata. I went ahead with it because the current sale ends today and I really want to use Photo Director right now (without the watermark). I will ask for clarification from customer service if it isn't obvious once I upgrade. I see in the CAM that the names all changed to DS and have 'install' beside them now. I guess I have to re-install even PD? That seems odd, but here I go...