Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mmm. The f3 versions of my project were all saved on my hard drive rather than the temp file within PD.
I wasnt aware that these were only held for 30 days.
Thanks anyway for replying.
Cheers
I created a video pre Christmas and saved it in the usual manner.Its a the edit stage( not produced)
I have just opened it and founfd all of the pictures and videaos that I worked on have disappeared i.e only the framesof each of thes eare there. 99% of the pictures and and videos are not in the library / room but curiously the titles I created are in the Titiel room.
It appears that there hasnt been a correct saving of the previous pds versions as I look back now and have found the contents of 2 prior have been lost as well.After working on a version I always save it with an new name to gaurd against exactly this thing.
The file must stillbe there as the file size shown in the folder I use on the latest version is at 3900 kbs .

What is happeniing?
If all else fails I can redo it , but Id rather not.
Cheers
I have been doing a number of projects which require a large number of new titles to be created. In the Title Room they are all saved and stored in alphabetical order. Is there any way that folders ( one for each project) can be created inside the Title Room? If not could the developers look at this as an update sometime?
gDog

Typically, in order to help reduce audio noise on a clip, you highlight the clip and click on the Fix/Enhance button. The relevant window opens. Select the ‘Audio Denoise’ option. Then select from the drop down list……Stationary Noise…..Wind Noise……Clicking Noise. Choose the degree of filter that you want……50 is the default…..and then click Apply. I'm not sure how effective this will be with your scenario. There is also noise reduction functionality within the Audio Editor. You might want to play with that.

Thanks very much.
Gdog
HI Ive just edited a new video and can hear the motor of the telescopic lens ( or whatever its called now) on the audio when I move the lens in and out. Is there any way I can mitigate or remove it from the audio?
Quote The trim scissors, it will be available anytime a video or audio clip is selected. It will not be available for a pic or slideshow as there is nothing to trim.

Jeff

Ok thanks. Will check that this happens. Otherwise may be back to you.
Graeme
Quote If you are talking the "Clip" or "Movie" mode above the timeline below the preview window, just click "Clip" it to view in "Clip" mode. Your setting in pref > Editing "Switch to movie mode automatically during playback" also plays a role.

Jeff

No sorry I should have been more specific . Its the scissors icon on the LHS of the time line , not the one under the preview window Im talkin about. Cheers
Gdog
My PD version does not show the clip mode icon above the time line tracks on a regular basis. Its almost random the way it appears. Is there a quick way to enable this icon to appear by another means? I have been clicking on clips on the track to see if I can "induce "it to appear.
Help!
Gdog

1. The looping or repeat function is in the viewer or player you choose. You could try to create a file long enough to say play 10 years until you stop it as an alternative.

2. The slideshow templates you choose may have time duration settings in Customize. Click that button to find out. I know Motion and Highlight has it.

StevenG answered first. You have the information now to create that slideshow.

Thanks
Gdog
Quote 2) You can set the default photo duration in the program's preferences.

1) How are you going to play your video? On a DVD? On a projector attached to a laptop?

I don't know of a way to create a looping file but, depending on what software or hardware you're using the play your movie, there are loop settings available in the player. (The Repeat function on a DVD player, for instance.)

I will be playing it througha projector on mp4.
Thanks
I have now dropped my photos onto the slide creator and am looking to
1. loop the show on a continuous basis until I stop it
2. Have all photos of the same duration during each run.
Please advise how I can do this.
Cheers
Found it under
Confirmation.
Thanks
Gdog
Thanks
Gdog
Quote In pref > Confirmation, select the Reset and you will have the introductory splash to set editing type on the next launch of PD.

Jeff

Please excuse my ignorance but where can I find pref?
Gdog
Im having an issue that when I open to set up a new project Im not given the option of Slide show creator. It automatically defaults to time line mode. I havent used the Slide Creator yet from the start.
The second issue was the one when I switched from Timeline mode to Slide creator it kept rejecting photos from the timeline mode. I couldnt see any other way of getting into Slide Creator with the intro sequence not available to me. . Any ideas?
Gdog
Quote one method is to Right click on the image > Set clip Attributes > Set Duration.

In the box that pops up set the duration you want. Click OK.

Another method is the put your mouse pointer on the rear of the image, when you get the double arrows, drag to the length you want.

Many thanks that worked.
I have PD 18. and have dropped a 3 sec picture onto the timeline. I want to extend it but the grabbing hand doesnt pop up to be able to be used, up to and including 3 secs duration. What other means / methods are there to extend the duration?
Cheers
I downloaded a short audio clip into the media library. When i played it there the sound could be heard. When I then moved the clip to the audio track line in timeline mode no sound could be heard. I notice in the preview window the sound icon has a strike line through it suggesting its on mute. I cant find where and how to unmute it?
Cheers
Quote It might help if you could take a screenshot of your timeline, or even better, make a screen recording of what happens when you load the project.

Another option would be to download a free and very fast search app called Everything. Once it's installed, start typing the name of any of the missing clips and you should immediately see it in the results list. That will give you the clip's location which would make it easier to direct PD to it when using the Browse function.

I found the problem . I changed the name of the folder this morning because of a spelling error and it contained all of the clips and pictures . I have recovered all of them form the second to final version and am working to retidy this up . Will save it in its own folder as a back up. Thanks very much.
Cheers
Graeme
Quote The PDS file never contains any source clips, it only has the instructions to perform all of the edits you had made when you saved in the project. When you open the project, the first thing it does after reading the contents is to load the source clips from the location they were originally at.

It sounds to me like you had your clips on a removable drive, like a USB thumb drive, and it is no longer connected to your computer. When you opened that project, you should have seen a message like this:

If your clips are on a drive that's not connected to your editing computer, close PD, reconnect the drive and start PD again. The project will load and all of your timeline content should be filled.

If your clips are on your computer but you've moved them to another location since saving the PDS file, use the Browse button on the above window and navigate to the new location. You may need to do this more than once, but PD will then have the correct location, so be sure and save the project again to keep the new location.

No I didnt use a thumb drive.Ive tried the browse options but maybe I was too quick to move through the options .I will try again. i dont recall shifting the clips either.
Thanks Graeme
Hi I have produced a video in mp4 and sent it to friends for a sanity check and some suggestions for any alterations.
When I went to recover the pds version that was saved in my video foldeer the shell of the pds only was there. All the pictures and videos were stripped , yet the empty frames were sitting there on the timeline.

N.B I have searched my PC for it . Is there a history file on my PC that I can maybe revove rit from . the PD softeare holds recent records but they are empty too.
How do I recover the file on my PC ? Is there a history file I can search for this ? Iv enever had to use it.
Cheers
Graeme
Go to: