CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Thanks Jeff
How do I reformat the USB?
gdog

Sorry I have the answer to that .

You have it, FAT32, max supported single file size is 4GB. Format to ntfs or other supported format that the receiving player usb supports.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff
How do I reformat the USB?
gdog
I have just completed a video which says that its 6.99GB in size. I have a USB with nothing on it whose Properties say there is 28GB available .However when I come to drag and drop the video onto it a message appears saying its too big a file.
I suspect that the formatting is incorrect. Its set as FAT 32.Im guessing this isnt the best one for the video .
Can you please advise how what the issue is.
Cheers
gdog
I should shouldnt I?
Gdog
Many thanks
You have saved me a lot of time. By chance I found I had not wiped the photos from my SD cards and have found the clips I was chasing. I would never have thought of it. Thank you so much
Graeme
I am redoing a video Ive produced containing clips and photos. Ive copied the pds and have found that the video clips wont drag to the timeline. They have a green colured video clip icon in the bottom left hand corner of each in the library section. I went back to look for the original clips in my achived file of all photos taken but they have disappeared.

Can I somehow retrieve the clips that I want from the produced copy of the original video that I created?
gDog
Quote There is an FAQ that shows you how. You have to download them into the Powerdirector library as well:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=23915

Dave
It

Many thanks.
Gdog
Ive found the music and sounds library. I have PD 365.
It runs samples of the tunes for 15 secs maybe but not the full tune .
I cant find a way to down load the full tune .
Help please.

Many thanks
G

I managed to get the wind out of the clip and played around with the voice reduction as well to give a pretty good clear sound of the bamboo tonking.
I pretty happy.
Thanks once again.
G
Quote Work on a backup copy of your pds file or simply remember not to save.

Just select the clip on the timeline and then the "Tools > Audio Editor" above the timeline to edit the audio track.

Jeff

Many thanks
G
Quote You could try just the wind noise reduction in AudioEditor and see if it gets you anything close. It's in Special > Noise Reduction > Wind and gives you some sensitivity adjustments. If you have AudioDirector other options exist too. I'd assume the bamboo sound is probably significantly different frequency so you can do some band pass filters to try and isolate some.

Jeff

I assume you can cut / copy and paste the audio section into Audio Editor rather than try to fiddle/adjust in the final pds.would that be the case?being quite new to this I'm not sure whats possible and don't want to stuff up what I've got
Cheers
Gdog
Quote I don't know any filter than can remove extraneous noise, even in high-end professional audio programs.

Even professional Hollywood productions must sometimes re-record audio recorded on location because of wind and background noise.

Many thanks.
I have a short video which contains tha) teh sound mo fthe wind and b) the sound of 15 metre plus bamboo tonking together. Is ther any way I can ,with PD 18, filter out the wind leaving the bamboo sound on its own . Cheers
Gdog
Mmm. The f3 versions of my project were all saved on my hard drive rather than the temp file within PD.
I wasnt aware that these were only held for 30 days.
Thanks anyway for replying.
Cheers
I created a video pre Christmas and saved it in the usual manner.Its a the edit stage( not produced)
I have just opened it and founfd all of the pictures and videaos that I worked on have disappeared i.e only the framesof each of thes eare there. 99% of the pictures and and videos are not in the library / room but curiously the titles I created are in the Titiel room.
It appears that there hasnt been a correct saving of the previous pds versions as I look back now and have found the contents of 2 prior have been lost as well.After working on a version I always save it with an new name to gaurd against exactly this thing.
The file must stillbe there as the file size shown in the folder I use on the latest version is at 3900 kbs .

What is happeniing?
If all else fails I can redo it , but Id rather not.
Cheers
I have been doing a number of projects which require a large number of new titles to be created. In the Title Room they are all saved and stored in alphabetical order. Is there any way that folders ( one for each project) can be created inside the Title Room? If not could the developers look at this as an update sometime?
gDog

Typically, in order to help reduce audio noise on a clip, you highlight the clip and click on the Fix/Enhance button. The relevant window opens. Select the ‘Audio Denoise’ option. Then select from the drop down list……Stationary Noise…..Wind Noise……Clicking Noise. Choose the degree of filter that you want……50 is the default…..and then click Apply. I'm not sure how effective this will be with your scenario. There is also noise reduction functionality within the Audio Editor. You might want to play with that.

Thanks very much.
Gdog
HI Ive just edited a new video and can hear the motor of the telescopic lens ( or whatever its called now) on the audio when I move the lens in and out. Is there any way I can mitigate or remove it from the audio?
Quote The trim scissors, it will be available anytime a video or audio clip is selected. It will not be available for a pic or slideshow as there is nothing to trim.

Jeff

Ok thanks. Will check that this happens. Otherwise may be back to you.
Graeme
Quote If you are talking the "Clip" or "Movie" mode above the timeline below the preview window, just click "Clip" it to view in "Clip" mode. Your setting in pref > Editing "Switch to movie mode automatically during playback" also plays a role.

Jeff

No sorry I should have been more specific . Its the scissors icon on the LHS of the time line , not the one under the preview window Im talkin about. Cheers
Gdog
Go to: