Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saved video has disappeared
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I created a video pre Christmas and saved it in the usual manner.Its a the edit stage( not produced)
I have just opened it and founfd all of the pictures and videaos that I worked on have disappeared i.e only the framesof each of thes eare there. 99% of the pictures and and videos are not in the library / room but curiously the titles I created are in the Titiel room.
It appears that there hasnt been a correct saving of the previous pds versions as I look back now and have found the contents of 2 prior have been lost as well.After working on a version I always save it with an new name to gaurd against exactly this thing.
The file must stillbe there as the file size shown in the folder I use on the latest version is at 3900 kbs .

What is happeniing?
If all else fails I can redo it , but Id rather not.
Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2020 03:11

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
If you created a folder where you saved your project material, that should be all.

And even if you moved the folder, opening the PD project will ask if you want to search for missing file.

Finding a file the others are added automatically.

Files created during editing are saved in the temporary workbook, it deletes the files after 30 days, default time.

Maybe this is your case.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 07. 2020 17:48

gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Mmm. The f3 versions of my project were all saved on my hard drive rather than the temp file within PD.
I wasnt aware that these were only held for 30 days.
Thanks anyway for replying.
Cheers
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The temporary file created by PD are not needed for editing, and nothing you do in PD will ever change the original source clip unless you right-click on items in the Media Library and specifically choose Delete from Disk.

Whenever PD can't find any source clips (that originally were either in the Media Library or on the timeline), it will bring up a box asking you to Browse/Ignore/Ignore All to locate the missing clips. If you don't find any of them, PD will instead display blank placeholders on the timeline.

What happened to the project's source files is almost certainly that the drive letter or path name was changed (by you, by some kind of major system update, or a drive crash); OR the clips were on removable media that is either no longer connected, or had it's drive letter changed when it was plugged back in.

If you can now locate the clips, even if they're in a different location from before, you can either move them back to the original location (with PD closed, of course), or open PD and use the Browse tool to point to the correct locations.

Note that if you've previously used Ignore/Ignore All and then saved the project, PD won't bring up the missing clip message because it's already deleted the folder info from the missing clips.

In that case, open an earlier version of the project you may have manually saved, or try looking in the autosave location:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°