Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lens motor can be heard on play of video
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
HI Ive just edited a new video and can hear the motor of the telescopic lens ( or whatever its called now) on the audio when I move the lens in and out. Is there any way I can mitigate or remove it from the audio?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote HI Ive just edited a new video and can hear the motor of the telescopic lens ( or whatever its called now) on the audio when I move the lens in and out. Is there any way I can mitigate or remove it from the audio?

Typically, in order to help reduce audio noise on a clip, you highlight the clip and click on the Fix/Enhance button. The relevant window opens. Select the ‘Audio Denoise’ option. Then select from the drop down list……Stationary Noise…..Wind Noise……Clicking Noise. Choose the degree of filter that you want……50 is the default…..and then click Apply. I'm not sure how effective this will be with your scenario. There is also noise reduction functionality within the Audio Editor. You might want to play with that.
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]

Typically, in order to help reduce audio noise on a clip, you highlight the clip and click on the Fix/Enhance button. The relevant window opens. Select the ‘Audio Denoise’ option. Then select from the drop down list……Stationary Noise…..Wind Noise……Clicking Noise. Choose the degree of filter that you want……50 is the default…..and then click Apply. I'm not sure how effective this will be with your scenario. There is also noise reduction functionality within the Audio Editor. You might want to play with that.

Thanks very much.
Gdog

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2019 13:12

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote HI Ive just edited a new video and can hear the motor of the telescopic lens ( or whatever its called now) on the audio when I move the lens in and out. Is there any way I can mitigate or remove it from the audio?

There are additional Noise Removal toosl in the Aduio Editor which I show here.

If a section of the audio contains the noise you can use Audio Director to remove a section of noise. I show how to do that here.