Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I am so lucky. I never had an issue with hardware encoding, but the deactivation solves a lot of problems...

Hatti

As a long time user I should have known better that HA was the culprit. The update enabled it but I didn't notice it until now. HA is better left off.
A good decision if it is your own.
Quote Re PD16, is it normal for a 5 minute video rendered in MPEG-4 2K 2048x1536/30p (Mbps) to produce an MP4 that is 1.5G?

No. it is not. But you have to offer a lot more detail on the files and type of project you are working on.
Quote I have posted in the Forum Issues Room, as it's not really a PD thing.

However, to sum up my situation and close this...

I cannot see any of my content and all my searches for anything come up with zero results.

This is using 2 browsers, signing in/out/in, different internet providers, my hotspot, different computers, and another city.

I can confirm your problems. Identical to yours using either Chrome or Firefox browsers. It's a director zone web site issue since I can select items on the title screen. Searching does not work.
Apple updated their phones to ios11 and with it comes new formats for video and image files. PC's cannot edit them in most cases without conversion first. Aren't we thrilled?

If using Google Photos, it handles the files well and includes downloads that are converted back to standard formats for editing.
Quote Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm being tested to the limit!

Trying to keep it short:-

• HP Pavilion 17, 12 month old, intel i7, 2.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, limited number of applications, all working fine and no issues (apart from trying to use Windows MovieMaker!)

• install PowerDirector 16 Ultra two weeks ago

• following which, I got numerous and frequest Blue Screen Stop Code notices and PD16 crashes from time to time

• spoke to Microsoft - they say re-install windows

• Windows 10 re-installed, keeping my data

• still frequest BSOD notices and PD16 crashes now and again; BSOD most common IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, others include SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, DRIVER OVERAN STACK BUFFER, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA etc.

• called Microsoft - they say it's probably a driver issue (display driver) which needs updating and suggested contacting HP

• I've tried updating most drivers in device manager - still problem

• I've installed all updates from HP - still problem

• next step - reinstall Windows and delete all data??

I'm not computer illiterate but not good accessing and assessing dump files or using event viwer to fix technical issues with the pc, out of my depth.

The BSOD seems to occur at any time, sometimes when I'm not physically using the pc, and I'm not sure if it's solely PD16 related, or not; but it wasn't happening before installation of PD16!

I feel the PowerDirector installation must have amended some system files making the system less stable, or maybe it's a driver incompatibility between Windows and PD16, but I just don't have the knowledge to resolve it.

Any suggestions? Any ideas if it is a driver incompatibility and which one?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

kind regards,

Dave.

The issues you cite with your PC are not typical of PD users on this forum. If you uninstall PD and your PC is still having issues then the problem is elsewhere.
Quote is it possible to have PD16 to sort the clips in the media pool by "date taken", if you are dealing with a huge number of clips from different cameras with different namin it is very hard to get the the clips in time order....

Other editor can do this ???

Thanks

One way to adjust the CREATED date to the one desired is by using a freeware tool called Attribute Changer found at petges.lu

I've used it for the past 3 years and it works very well. It can handle file at a time or in groups. It can change nearly any file attribute, dates being one of them. It even comes with a user manual.
Quote Hi All vodi -

I've been running the 2218 beta patch since it was released & I'd never noticed any similar issues in my regular editing. Since you posted, I've been running a couple of dummy projects, both with 5-6 tracks in use, trying to replicate what you've found.

Aside from the long-standing issue of wave form not displaying, I haven't seen any of the issues you've noted. Doesn't mean they're not there - just haven't shown up here, yet.

One thing I noticed with the audio display... if it's "absent" & you slpit the clip, the wave form after the split will display instantly. Odd.

Cheers - Tony

I just noticed that in Release 2101 "enable open CL" is present as an option, but in 2218 it is not. I do not use it but it is a difference.

UPDATE: Using version 2218 and 2313

The first issue of pixelated artifacts being introduced after cutting a clip still remains with both version 2218 and 2313, HOWEVER, if one deselects "Enable hardware decoding" in the options menu the problem goes away.
Go to: