Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help!!!! BSOD & crashing issues, testing my patience!!!
DavidM1963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2017 10:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm being tested to the limit!

Trying to keep it short:-

• HP Pavilion 17, 12 month old, intel i7, 2.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, limited number of applications, all working fine and no issues (apart from trying to use Windows MovieMaker!)

• install PowerDirector 16 Ultra two weeks ago

• following which, I got numerous and frequest Blue Screen Stop Code notices and PD16 crashes from time to time

• spoke to Microsoft - they say re-install windows

• Windows 10 re-installed, keeping my data

• still frequest BSOD notices and PD16 crashes now and again; BSOD most common IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, others include SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, DRIVER OVERAN STACK BUFFER, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA etc.

• called Microsoft - they say it's probably a driver issue (display driver) which needs updating and suggested contacting HP

• I've tried updating most drivers in device manager - still problem

• I've installed all updates from HP - still problem

• next step - reinstall Windows and delete all data??

I'm not computer illiterate but not good accessing and assessing dump files or using event viwer to fix technical issues with the pc, out of my depth.

The BSOD seems to occur at any time, sometimes when I'm not physically using the pc, and I'm not sure if it's solely PD16 related, or not; but it wasn't happening before installation of PD16!

I feel the PowerDirector installation must have amended some system files making the system less stable, or maybe it's a driver incompatibility between Windows and PD16, but I just don't have the knowledge to resolve it.

Any suggestions? Any ideas if it is a driver incompatibility and which one?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

kind regards,

Dave.
[Post New]
Quote Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm being tested to the limit!

Trying to keep it short:-

• HP Pavilion 17, 12 month old, intel i7, 2.60GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, limited number of applications, all working fine and no issues (apart from trying to use Windows MovieMaker!)

• install PowerDirector 16 Ultra two weeks ago

• following which, I got numerous and frequest Blue Screen Stop Code notices and PD16 crashes from time to time

• spoke to Microsoft - they say re-install windows

• Windows 10 re-installed, keeping my data

• still frequest BSOD notices and PD16 crashes now and again; BSOD most common IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, others include SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, DRIVER OVERAN STACK BUFFER, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA etc.

• called Microsoft - they say it's probably a driver issue (display driver) which needs updating and suggested contacting HP

• I've tried updating most drivers in device manager - still problem

• I've installed all updates from HP - still problem

• next step - reinstall Windows and delete all data??

I'm not computer illiterate but not good accessing and assessing dump files or using event viwer to fix technical issues with the pc, out of my depth.

The BSOD seems to occur at any time, sometimes when I'm not physically using the pc, and I'm not sure if it's solely PD16 related, or not; but it wasn't happening before installation of PD16!

I feel the PowerDirector installation must have amended some system files making the system less stable, or maybe it's a driver incompatibility between Windows and PD16, but I just don't have the knowledge to resolve it.

Any suggestions? Any ideas if it is a driver incompatibility and which one?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

kind regards,

Dave.

The issues you cite with your PC are not typical of PD users on this forum. If you uninstall PD and your PC is still having issues then the problem is elsewhere.