Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blocking artifacts in mp4 vodies after cutting clip.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Noticed lately that when an mp4 clip is cut (anywhere in the clip) the firts few frames have random blocking artifacts inserted in the preview pane.

Deselecting "Enable hardware decoding" in preferences/hardware acceleration solves the issue.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2018 12:34

Win 10, i7
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I am so lucky. I never had an issue with hardware encoding, but the deactivation solves a lot of problems...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Quote I am so lucky. I never had an issue with hardware encoding, but the deactivation solves a lot of problems...

Hatti

As a long time user I should have known better that HA was the culprit. The update enabled it but I didn't notice it until now. HA is better left off.