Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello, how long does it take for a refund to be made ? I requested on 29 september a refund for my PD17 upgrade on the official mail address listed on cyberlink site aaaaandd.. nothing since then. Thanks.
Quote Then - no.

I guess.. i will have to hack the profile config file.. Any drawbacks or quirks there? Anything i should be careful on? I am using a Windows 10 Pro machine with PD16 and maybe soon PD17.

Thanks !
Just curious, why do you need 2560x1440 output resolution?

Hi, i am editing game footage recorded in the native resolution of my monitor.

I am not interested in "hacks" of the PD configuration files. I am only asking the owners of the PD17 if it is possible to make a 2560x1440 profile via custom produce tab.

Thanks !
Hello, i own PD16 but i don't use it anymore despite the incredibly fast rendering engine. I wonder if in PD17 you can finally export in 2K (2560x1440) resolution mp4 ? Thanks !
Quote Thanks for the reply. Yes silly of me not to mention the card in the machine. It's GForce GTX 1050.
Thing is I'm experiencing the program freezing up ( I hate to use the word crash ).

Should not do that.. Are you sure you are up-to-date with drivers? GeForce Experience has your Nvidia drivers updated?
I've just gotten PD 16 and am new to the program.

What would be a good video card for this program. Needless to say I don't want to spend anymore than I have to.

You did not say what video card do you have now.. I suppose it's a "onboard" one like a Intel HDxxx(x) ?

A nvidia GTX1060 would be a good starting point to render fastest with NVENC acceleration.
Quote will 16 do it better and a lot faster ?

The rendering (producing as CyberLink calls it..) speed in PD16 is WAY better than in PD15. In my tests (1080p and 4k) CyberLink PowerDirector 16 is the fastest video editor on the planet for those that use NVENC hardware encoding.

One hour of shadowplay source in 1080p/60fps/50Mbit is rendered in 4K in almost 40 min in PD16. If you go with 1080p to 1080p rendering than it could be a lot faster.
Quote Is your hard drive running out of free space? Even if you compress your files, you still may end up choking your system for lack of scratch drive space.

Well.. my 3 TB NAS will soon go out of space if i keep piling up tens of 20 GB shadowplay every few days..

Mediaespresso compresses 1:4 to HEVC at max 13 Mbit (maximum allowed..).
Hello, so i have few source files (1080p/60fps/50Mbit) that i use in a PD16 project with few cuts, few fades, nothing too complicated.

For space reasons i would like to recompress the source files with Media Espresso (from AVC to HEVC, from 50Mbit to 13Mbit, resolution and other properties will be the same) and i am wondering if my project will be later confused when it will see the source files modified in such a way..

Thanks!

My understanding is H265 (if your PC can handle it) will give you smaller files at any given bitrate, but at the same bitrate as H264, H265 will produce better quality.

I have tested AVC h.264 and HEVC h.265 from same source file, both exported to 1080p/60fps/38Mbits (seems like PD16 cannot export higher bitrate than 38800 at 1080p..) and looking at 100% zooms the HEVC file is WAY SHARPER while the AVC is blurry as heck. I have checked both high moving and detailed stills from the video and my conclusion is clear.
  • Choose H.264 vs. H.265

• I convert my Shadowplay files (GeForce Experience) at 1080p/60fps/50Mbits (AVC H.264) to 1080p/60fps/13Mbits (HEVC H.265) with CyberLink MediaEspresso and they look great !

From my experience with exporting to HEVC from CyberLink PowerDirector 16 at 1080p/60fps/38Mbits from the same Shadowplay sources they still look great.

Unfortunately YouTube does not accept HEVC, only AVC so.. i guess HEVC H.265 would be awesome for storage if your editor can import it later - and PD16 can.
    Hardware Aceleration tab : "Enable Cuda accel ....".
    And of course, I dont see that on my PC !! Just OpenGL Accel. that is checked.
    I have a GTX960 so I should have it.

Got GeForce Experience installed with latest drivers from nvidia?
    Quote So geforce cards are pretty amazing for pd16 then!

I suspect you can get the same NVENC performance with a GTX1060 and PD16.
    I produce a 20 minute 1080p/60fps/50Mbit shadowplay file into a 1080p/60fps/12Mbit for YouTube in less than 9 minutes and the same source file i can produce as a 4K/60fps/50Mbit in maximum 40 minutes.
    Quote I'm building a new pc for pd16 and I was wondering whether rx vega works as well as a geforce card for things like rendering. Cpu is a r7 1800x paired with 3200c14 ram btw

My 1800x with GTX1080 renders like a BEAST (~30% cpu + ~30% gpu) ! My producing times are TWICE as fast comparing with Vegas Pro 15 which also knows NVENC.
    If you have a video file that has multiple audio streams, like some discs do for languages, you can switch between the audio streams in PowerDirector. See the attached image audiostreams.jpg for a screenshot of switching between the audio streams.

Now if you have the latter, you can just import the video twice, switch the audio stream on one of them, unlink the audio and then remove the video on the second track.

That is interesting.. I already mentioned my sources are GeForce Experience (Shadowplay) AVC H.264 files with dual audio streams (game + voice/mic) and i am trying to cut to the fewer steps in the workflow.
    So i will still use PD16 for no-commentary-long videos and Vegas Pro 15 for short commented videos due to the easier import/edit workflow.
    Thanks for your responses guys.
    My workflow will be this:

1. Any gameplay without microphone commentary (usually long - around one hour) i will import and process with PD16.

2. Any commented gameplay (maximum 25 minutes..) will go in Vegas Pro 15 which can handle the second audio track just fine.

From my tests PD16 encodes TWICE AS FAST than VP15 at similar produce/render settings !
    Hello, anyone knows if we're gonna get a multi audio stream import feature until PD17 is released..? I would like to be able to import my GeForce Experience Shadowplay gaming videos with two audio streams (game + mic) straight into PD16..
    Thanks!
    Am I missing something or will Audio Ducking only control levels of a music track with levels of dialogue from a video track?

Exactly my experience. I cannot reliably audio duck my gameplay audio based on my narration track..
    Quote I just downloaded/installed PD 16. I also received an email with links for PD 16 and associated software (content packs, etc.)

In included in those llinks are three I'm not familiar with. They are in the atch.

Can anyone tell me what they are?

Adorage are some cool filters !
    Quote I plan on building a new video editing PC on Cycber Monday. A couple of questions:

1. Does PowerDirector 15 and/or 16 support the AMD Ryzen 1700x

PD16 works fine on my setup eating around 30% from my R7 1800x and around 30% from my GTX1080 when rendering a 50 Mbit/s 1080p movie to 4K 50 Mbit/s.
    Quote I'm trying to create a video with a text box and arrow pointing at an object as it passes by in the video. Any advice on how I might do this? Thanks.

hi, with motion tracking ? Awesome Maliek already tought us on his youtube channel:

Go to: