Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stevek

I always have used power producer after my film was done with power director, since quality was better with pp then pd.
It went als also faster and easier with pp. I have to say that dates from pd 5 and 6.
Had it maybe improved since then?

Thanks to advise me.

Martine
Hello friends,
I got finally a new laptop intel core I7-4500U 1.8Ghz with turbo boost upto 3.0Ghz.
Nvidia geforce GT 720M with 2GB dedicted Vram
8GB DDR3 L memory
Windows 8 64bit
Aspire V5-573G

I would like to purchase Power Director 12 ultra or Ultimate and Power Producer 6. Will my laptop be strong enough?

And I have AVCH of my Sony camera (HD) so assume both programs can handle that.

Can you inform me if all will be working?

Thanks
Martine
I have a sony camcorder HDR-CX740VE.

And I'm saving for a new desktop. But in the meantime I would like to know if my laptop will be strong enough to handle PDVD12, so I can watch my files already. I still have PDVD 7 which came with my laptop and was ok so far. But I have doubt for the files of this Sony camcorder.

I have an Acer Aspire 5810TG
intel core 2 duo processor SU9400 (1.4 Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 upto 1742MB hypermemory
15.6 HD LED LCD
4GB DDR Memory
500G HDD where I have about 275GB still available

Further I don't see the MTS files in the list of the specifications, although they say they support HDR sony camcorders. So I don't know if MTS files are support yes or no.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards
Martine
Hi Hdedit,

Many thanks for the info. I think I will start with the Ultra version.

Another question : while I'm saving budget for my new desktop I was wondering if my actual laptop is strong enough for the Ultra version :
I have an Acer Aspire 5810TG
intel core 2 duo processor SU9400 (1.4 Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 upto 1742MB hypermemory
15.6 HD LED LCD
4GB DDR Memory
500G HDD where I have about 275GB still available

Do you think this Ultra version will work on my laptop in the meanwhile?

And does this version support MTS files. I saw somewhere in the specs they support HDR Sony camcorder but the MTS files are not under their list.

Martine

Hi friends,

Time for me to upgrade my old version (yes I still use version 5) and to get a new PC as well!

Which PDR version should I use that is compatible with my Sony HDR CX740VE?

And which desktop I should use? They offered me the HP i7-3770 - 8M cache up to
3.90Ghz.clock speed 3.4 ghz 4 processors. I have the whole file printed out and attached cause copy/paste didn't work

Many thanks for your help.

Martine
Thanks for the info Paul.

So if I'm right the purchase of Power Director must go through Kworld as I didn't receive it when purchasing directly from cyberlink.

Martine
Dafydd,

You have 4 CPU's!!! I only have 1. It is a dual core Pentium D 3.0hz.
I have 4GB memory
32 bits and supporting 64bit
Geforce Nvidia 8400 GS (pci express 256 mb DDR2) took that from the box.
XP O/S

Martine
Dafydd,

I'm still on XP with my desktop. Will the latest version PowerDirector work on XP?

Martine
Dafydd,

It comes with which version of Power Director? And I assume it has to be bought with Kworld then also?

Kind regards
Martine
Hi Peter,

Oh you did with Power Producer 5. I`m still with the old PP3.

Well I tried several things in the Capture Settings of Power Director 5, setting it to the screen as wide as possible but when I drag it into the timeline it goes back into 4:3.

So what I did now : I changed the aspect ratio into 16:9 and with that I have stretched out the 4:3 into 16:9.

That is sofar I could find something myself

Thanks anyhow for your reply.

Ciao
Martine
I need to connect my DVD player ot my laptop and therefore I need a device that has the 4 analog cable plug ins on one side and a usb connection for my laptop.

I would like to know if this Kworld device will work with PD5?

Kind regards
Martine
I could capture from my dvd player using PD5.

However the video capture are in 4:3 and I need to have it in 16:9.

How can I manage that?

Thanks for your info

Kind regards
Martine
Peter

How did you solve it? I'm capturing from a dvd player but everything stays in 4:3 while I would like to have it in 16:9

Martine
I`m still using PD5 as it works fine for the music videos I make. I need to upgrade once, I know, but I`m still on XP and my XP PC still works soooo good.

Now the question :
Can I capture some scenes of a few minutes from a DVD from my DVD collection?
I think some are protected. So it the capture possible then?
Or do I first need to rip them by using e.g. DVD Shrink?

Thanks for informing me

Kind regards
Martine
James,

I see.

I will ask the dealer to check that for me aswell.

Many thanks for your help. I appreciated it a lot.

Have a nice day further and lots of succes and fun with your vids.

Martine
James,

What do you mean by : Will not cut it?

Martine
Hey VN800Rider,

Thanks for your info. As already mentioned in the previous topic I`m a bit forced to have SP3 installed
I have to install CS4 Web Standard and therefore I need to have SP3.

As I will have the update done by a professional it should do the trick at the end.

Even with PD5 premium I had some crashed of the program itself time to time, not that many, but it happened.

I just want to be sure I still can work with it for my next videos.

Many thanks for your info.

Ciao
martine
Cranston,

Thanks for your info. Normally I`m a person that goes for : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But ............I have to install CS4 Web Standard and therefore I need to have SP3.

You see I`m a bit forced to have SP3 installed. But I decided to have it done by a professional dealer who also repairs PC`s. They have assisted me in the past very well as they do test everything after a change or reparation.

But if it all runs good with you it should do the same trick with me.

I will cross my fingers.

Ciao
martine
I have PD5 premium (yes still sorry) and am attending to take PD7 soon.

The automatic windows update upto SP3 is waiting on my PC. I have not yet accepted the installation.

Will the older PD5 premium and the new on PD7 run without problems once SP3 installed?

Kind regards
Martine
Hi James,

I will keep it to my desktop then. I have a Pentium D, dual core, 4GB memory and 3.0 GHZ and enough diskspace.

Think that is the best way as my laptop will not be that strong.

Martine
I`m attending to buy a Sony Vario notebook with 2.26GHZ processor.

I will have 4GB memory and Vista SP1. Intel Core Duo Processor

Now I wonder if this is powerfull enough for the latest version of power director and power producer.

Thanks for advising me.

Kind regards
Martine
Go to: