Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 and lesser version with Windows SP3
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD5 premium (yes still sorry) and am attending to take PD7 soon.

The automatic windows update upto SP3 is waiting on my PC. I have not yet accepted the installation.

Will the older PD5 premium and the new on PD7 run without problems once SP3 installed?

Kind regards
Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Martine,

I've got PD6 on the laptop with XP SP3 which has always run well, I also have PD7 on XP SP3 and it runs fine. I'm reluctant to say it's perfect because I work with HD .mp4 files and have my fair share of crashes etc but in general it seems to be OK.

I'm sure others will give their opinions.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Martine,

For what it's worth, I was running PD7 on XP SP2. Then I had major computer crash.
As my rig was still under warranty, a tech was sent to replace a defective drive, board, etc.
Upon re-installation of XP, the tech installed SP3, even though I told him I wanted to stay at SP2, out of the same concern you have that the installation of SP3 may somehow effect PD7's operation.
However, I have not detected any difference in the way PD7 runs with SP3 installed, so I have had no reason to insist on a rollback to SP2.

I don't know if changing to SP3 will effect your PD5. But there is great wisdom in that old phrase...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

EDIT:
I would strongly encourage you to do the upgrade to PD7.
Once you start to realize all the things you can now do with all the new additions to the program, you'll absolutely love it!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 21. 2009 16:50

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cranston,

Thanks for your info. Normally I`m a person that goes for : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But ............I have to install CS4 Web Standard and therefore I need to have SP3.

You see I`m a bit forced to have SP3 installed. But I decided to have it done by a professional dealer who also repairs PC`s. They have assisted me in the past very well as they do test everything after a change or reparation.

But if it all runs good with you it should do the same trick with me.

I will cross my fingers.

Many thanks for your info.

Ciao
martine
Let's keep New Zealand clean!
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey VN800Rider,

Thanks for your info. As already mentioned in the previous topic I`m a bit forced to have SP3 installed
I have to install CS4 Web Standard and therefore I need to have SP3.

As I will have the update done by a professional it should do the trick at the end.

Even with PD5 premium I had some crashed of the program itself time to time, not that many, but it happened.

I just want to be sure I still can work with it for my next videos.

Many thanks for your info.

Ciao
martine
Let's keep New Zealand clean!