Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Widescreen 16:9 video capture.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2008 10:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have a Canon MD101 Mini DV camcorder. The footage was shot in wide-screen 16:9. I wish to capture this via PD5 whilst maintaining the aspect ratio and maintain the picture quality. In other words how do I set-up capture to be the equivalent of industry standard (Standard Definition wide-screen).

The MPEG2 DVD-HQ setting on PD5 capture gives an aspect ratio of 720x576 (1.25). Wide-screen has a ratio of 16:9 (1.777).

Thanks
Peter.
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Answering my own question

I also have PP5 which, as I now discover, will capture in widescreen mode.

Doh!

martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Peter

How did you solve it? I'm capturing from a dvd player but everything stays in 4:3 while I would like to have it in 16:9

Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!
Peter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Martine,
I didn't manage it from Power Director 5 despite trying to fiddle with the capture parameters . I have Power Producer 5 which does it as standard.

So I side stepped the issue as far as PD5 is concerned.

Cheers

Peter.
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

Oh you did with Power Producer 5. I`m still with the old PP3.

Well I tried several things in the Capture Settings of Power Director 5, setting it to the screen as wide as possible but when I drag it into the timeline it goes back into 4:3.

So what I did now : I changed the aspect ratio into 16:9 and with that I have stretched out the 4:3 into 16:9.

That is sofar I could find something myself

Thanks anyhow for your reply.

Ciao
Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!