Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Acer Laptop Aspire 5810TG strong enough for PDVD12?
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I have a sony camcorder HDR-CX740VE.

And I'm saving for a new desktop. But in the meantime I would like to know if my laptop will be strong enough to handle PDVD12, so I can watch my files already. I still have PDVD 7 which came with my laptop and was ok so far. But I have doubt for the files of this Sony camcorder.

I have an Acer Aspire 5810TG
intel core 2 duo processor SU9400 (1.4 Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 upto 1742MB hypermemory
15.6 HD LED LCD
4GB DDR Memory
500G HDD where I have about 275GB still available

Further I don't see the MTS files in the list of the specifications, although they say they support HDR sony camcorders. So I don't know if MTS files are support yes or no.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards
Martine

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 27. 2013 07:58

Let's keep New Zealand clean!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Personally I'd wait for the desktop. Your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements.

If you want to beat your head against the wall you could download the free trial. Make sure everything (drivers, OS, msxml, DirectX) on your laptop is updated and that there is nothing else running when you try it. Yiu may still get skips and hangs.

MTS is essentially the same as MT2S. That is listed.

Here is more information on Power DVD 7. http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/company/press-news-content.do?pid=1053

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2013 08:37

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
rickycht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 03, 2012 07:33 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Also, this link might be worthwhile to check. Compare with your specs. I see that you have some decent specification.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/spec_en_US.html?&r=1
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Also, this link might be worthwhile to check. Compare with your specs. I see that you have some decent specification.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/spec_en_US.html?&r=1

Did you look at the OP's CPU? 1.4 GHZ is not a decent spec. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
markj2911 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Jan 23, 2013 08:47 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Acer Aspire 5738 notebook with the following configuration.

Intel Core-2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, 15.6 HD display.

I did not connect any camcorder yet with my system.
Will there be any risk or problem with my system too when i will attach any cam.?
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: I am using Acer Aspire 5738 notebook with the following configuration.

Intel Core-2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, 15.6 HD display.

I did not connect any camcorder yet with my system.
Will there be any risk or problem with my system too when i will attach any cam.?

What is the speed of the processor? There are some options. If it is 2GHZ, (or around that) it is probably OK but it will not be speedy Did you look at the minimum requirements?

Edit: Actually, let us look at your full information on your computer. Post Part B here: Link
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 28. 2013 12:39

markj2911 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Jan 23, 2013 08:47 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Stevek,

I am using 2.2 GHZ speed processor.
I have saved the DxDiag text file to my computer. Is it necessary to attach that text file here on the forum?
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Stevek,

I am using 2.2 GHZ speed processor.
I have saved the DxDiag text file to my computer. Is it necessary to attach that text file here on the forum?

What is the problem with attaching thee dxdiag file to a post? No one can give you a reasonable answer without knowing more about your computer. I promise you there is no personal information in that text file.

If you still do not want to attach the file, at least you now know what you have. Compare it to the specs for what you will trying to be playing and make your decision based on that.

Good luck. .