Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
And now it is getting really weard.

The support desk is giving the following explanation :

The price will be the original price* 1.19- the amount deducted in the promotion.
(99.95*1.19)-(118.94-78.94)
=118.94-40
=78.94

But if you look at their website they say that the Original price is 174.88 USD.

So where do they get all of a sudden that 99.95 USD from???

A promotion with VAT on the Original price is completely wrong accountancy wise. The VAT must Always be calculated on the net price.
Or you also calculate the VAT on the promotional amount (here thus 40 USD + 19% = 47.6 USD)
118.94 - 47.6 = 71.34 USD = correct price.

I now truly get the impression that they are using any kind of trick to get their right.

However the cart doesn't even mention 99.95 USD or even the promotion price if 59.95
They immediately mention 78.94 USD.

It simply doesn't feel right. To much tricks!
Hi Ben,

Yes, it is very odd. I explained it over and over again to the support desk. Last time I even did it in a very simple way, so they can see the error. But so far no further reaction from their side.

I also did put it on their FB page and guess what? They deleted my post everytime. So I think they really want to hide this mistake.

And as you noticed, the problem also appears on other country sites. So it is a worldwide problem.

If nobody ever notitced this, well, cyberlink surely took a lot of extra money.

I wonder now, if they will come up with a solution for it.
Hi Ben,

There are no additional items in the cart, only the Power DVD 13 ultra promotion.

So, the calculation of the VAT remains incorrect and gives thus a wrong sales prices.
Has anybody also experience this problem?

Power DVD 13 ultra is now advertised for 59.95 USD
The VAT for me is 19%
That gives a total of 59.95 + 19% = 71.34 USD.

However the cart gives another total with another VAT amount, namely 78.94 USD in total (VAT 12.60 USD)
That means that they sell it at 66.34 USD and not 59.95 USD.

I already have raised a ticket explaining the calculation and this is already taken a lot of days. It seems that the sales support desk doesn't see the problem.

You probably say that it is only 6.39 USD difference. But I think that correct is correct and that they have to sell it to the price they are advertising and need to calculate the VAT also correctly.

If they apply this error for every purchase they get a lot of extra money which shouldn't take place.

Did any of you experience the same problem?

Martine
Hi Borgus,

Thanks for the explanation.

I just leave it to 'yes' then.

Many thanks to you all for the assistance, much appreciated.

Martine
HI Jim,

Thanks for the information.

The only thing I now face is that because I started the project in Pal, the program is asking me if I want to change the preferences back to Pal or leave it in NTSC, when I open the project.

So I choose to leave it in NTSC. I hope the quality doesn't change much, cause I don't have time to start over.

Then I have another question : with NTSC there is an option : Use drop frame timecode yes or no?

What does that mean? And what is the best choice? It automatically goes into 'yes'

Kind regards
Martine

I already found out that in the option 'Produce' I can make a file with NTSC settings.

However, when I use the option 'create disc' I don't see any option that let me see which setting is used for the DVD.

Do I need to change this in the General preferences : Clicking on the Wheel and then General and change there PAL into NTSC?

Will the disc then be created in NTSC?

With my previous old version of PD I never used the option Create disc. I Always used Power Producer to do this.

So, can someone guide me as my DVD needs to be in NTSC.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Martine
I noticed that Power DVD ultimate is now available for 74.95 USD.

But when I add to the cart it shows 93.94 USD. That is 20 USD more then they advertise.

Did anyone experienced this also and what can be done? I reported this already to the customer service but sofar silence all over.

Martine
that is what I thought to :

Another question : I need to create a movie and disc in NTSC format.

When and where do I need to choose that setting?

Martine
Stevek,

I don't have any issues right now.

In PD 12 by clicking on the Arrow, it doesn't show any updated.

Through the link you gave me it shows that there is an update to build 2230.

Now my version is : 12.0.2109.0

Does '2109' mean the previous build version?

Since I don't have any issues right now, is it wise to do this update ?

Martine

Martine
On top of the page I couldn't see which new version it is.

And in PD12 there are no updates mentioned.

I'm working on a project right now. And I don't want to face any problems.

Are it important updates?

Martine
Hi Stevek,

Cool! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Didn't try the Arrow as I thought is was only for an upgrade.

So now I did click the Arrow and there are no updates shown there. So, I assume that my version is upto date.

The version I have right now is : 12.0.2109.0

Martine
How can I see if it the latest update or not?

And if that update message doesn't show again, how shall I know when there is an update?

I just started PD 12 and I got a message in the below right corner of my laptop that there was an update.
However the message dissappeared immediately.

Does anybody know how to update it now? Cause I don't see any button or option in the program that allows to check again for an update.

I even restarted PD12 but the message didn't come back.

thanks in advance

Kind regards
Martine
Hi Stevek,

Got it perfect thanks to your screenshot and information.

Particle : depends on what particle you take. Bubbles will not float through the video. But hearts and some others do.

Scrolling text: Ofcourse, why didn't I see that scrolling template?

I think I can manage now :

Just need to see how the burning works, but took a look at it and I guess that should work out just fine.

Many thanks again Stevek, much appreciated.

Martine
stevek,

Particle :
Should I drag it onto the same track as the video clips or on another track?
I did put it on the same track as the video clips and it didn't work.

Scrolling text : where can I find and create it?

Yeah if you can share some screen captures that would be wonderful.

Martine
Ok, got it all installed and found my way around.

But..... the particle room. I really don't know how to make that work. If I insert one item it doesn't appear in the film or in the preview.

I tried for example the Hearts and my plan was to them dropped down in the middle of a clip. I just couldn't make it work.
How should I do this?

Is there also an option to create a kind of credit list at the end of the movie?

Martine
Many thanks Neil. I go for the Ultimate. I will get around I think Have Always used PD5 and 6 sofar.

Burgus, Stevek, thanks for sharing your points of view and helping me here.

To all, much appreciated for assisting me.

Have a great day further and much succes with your projects.

Martine
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the info. That is so wonderful about this forum that we all share how we work and how versions do improve.

I will start purchasing the PD and see how far I get. If the burning of DVD is good, then I just stay with PD.

Once more question: PD Ultra or Ultimate? What should you take? I'm not a professional but I do make a lot of films and entries for music video contests.

Another question : from the screenshots I do see the layout has not that much changed, so I assume it is just a matter to find your way around again. Right?

I love Cyberlinck PD. Better and easier then Adobe Elements or so.

Thanks to advice me on the Ultra and Ultimate version.

Kind regards
Martine
Stevek

I always have used power producer after my film was done with power director, since quality was better with pp then pd.
It went als also faster and easier with pp. I have to say that dates from pd 5 and 6.
Had it maybe improved since then?

Thanks to advise me.

Martine
Go to: