Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prevent title text animation (fade) from scaling the fade effect with the clip duration
szonar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2021 15:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

New to the fourm, hope you are well! Apologies if this has been asked, I had a look but couldn't see a post for this.

Is there a way to make the duration of the Title text animation "Fade" static?

Steps:

1. PowerDirector 365
2. Title Room
3. Text Only (11)
4. Add "Default" title to timeline
5. Select 'In Animation' as "Fade"
6. Select 'Out Animation' as "Fade"
7. Drag the title clip to extend its duration

Problem: the fade effect scales with the clip duration (the longer the clip, the slower the text fades in and out).

Ideal solution: set a static duration of the fade effect, like 3 seconds in and out regardless of clip duration. If this is possible, is there an option to apply it to all existing titles (I have several)?

Thank you
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day szonar -

Agreed - it's a bit of a PIA, but that's how it is.

If you increase or decrease the duration of the title, the in/out animation scales to "match" the increase/decrease.

There's no way I know of to fix the duration of the in/out animations & (except for keyframes) there's no way to apply your preferred animation timing to other/all titles.

You could try using File > "Rate Us & Make Suggestions" "smile"

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

Ideal solution: set a static duration of the fade effect, like 3 seconds in and out regardless of clip duration. If this is possible, is there an option to apply it to all existing titles (I have several)?

How should that work when you change the clip duration to shorter than 6 sec?
szonar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote G'day szonar -

Agreed - it's a bit of a PIA, but that's how it is.

If you increase or decrease the duration of the title, the in/out animation scales to "match" the increase/decrease.

There's no way I know of to fix the duration of the in/out animations & (except for keyframes) there's no way to apply your preferred animation timing to other/all titles.

You could try using File > "Rate Us & Make Suggestions" ""smile""

Cheers - Tony

Ok thank you. Far from ideal, but I guess I could painstakingly piece together 3 title clips for each unique title: first, 3 sec fade in, second - static title, third 3 sec fade out. This upsets me lol
szonar [Avatar]
[Post New]

How should that work when you change the clip duration to shorter than 6 sec?

Inform the user sounds like a decent user experience, then the user can change the animation durations or extend the clip duration.
szonar [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK so the feature exists, but not in the form that I was looking for - editing the title shows that you can adjust the duration of the fade effect in the timeline. Having re-evaluated, I only actually need to do this on a select few of the titles that I've extended.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you need fixed duration fades when changing the title duration in the future, you can skip the built-in animations and simply apply Fade transitions to the start & end of the title.