Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Basic Titles and Menus, Please
garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2012 18:55 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Am I really supposed to go through 2000 titles and 900 menus to find a tasteful, professional title and menu I can use?

It wouldn't be so bad if these titles and menu were interesting and useful but after going thorough page and page of titles and menus that look like they were created by 13-year-olds on meth I've become more than a little frustrated.

Firstly, I don't understand why PD doesn't come with a basic set of titles and menus that are actually usable. Every other app on the market does -- why not CL?

Secondly, I can't believe there are people at Cyberlink who actually think the horrible user submitted titles and menus have any utility at all.

They don't.

And please don't tell me to make my own custom titles and menus -- that misses the whole point.

All I'm asking is for CL to provide a basic set of of USEABLE titles and menus and stop relying on users to do their job for them.

Why is that asking too much?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2012 01:06

sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
How can you have hundreeds of menu?
I have PowerDirector 10 Ultra AND 2 full Content Packages, worth 2GB and have only 13 menus when creating DVDs... __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Steve,

Gary has made it quite clear that he is not happy with the default selection of menus and titles available in the contents packs.

There are a limited number available in the program, the rest he speaks of are uploaded to share, by PD users, in Director Zone.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I may be overdoing it.

I'm going to lay off for awhile.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I think I may be overdoing it.

I'm going to lay off for awhile.

Have you thought about making you own menu, You can do a lot in the Menu Designer.

This is the Menu Design tips. It refers to PD 7 but not much has changed in the Cyberlink Menus.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks,

Say, is there a tutorial on syncing audio with video.

I record with my Zoom 4h and need to sync it.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks,

Say, is there a tutorial on syncing audio with video.

I record with my Zoom 4h and need to sync it.

There are several on Youtube.

Goto http://www.youtube.com

and search for "sync audio with video" without the quotes. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garylloyd1212 [Avatar]
[Post New]
tried one of those it really didn't work out as quickly as I'd have liked.

The problem is getting a near-match and then not being able to advance or go back a frame or two.

is there a way of doing that?
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: tried one of those it really didn't work out as quickly as I'd have liked.

The problem is getting a near-match and then not being able to advance or go back a frame or two.

is there a way of doing that?

You expand the timeline by dragging the time marks to the right as far as it will go, that is frame level.

There is a one frame step on the preview viewer, they are the single arrows, forward or back.

To step the pointer one frame, you can use the keyboard shortcut.

"."(period) next frame
"," (comma) Previous frame.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.