Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: What you need to say is the program does not work for you, that does not mean it does not work for everybody!

But as your 'making a phone call' it's probably good your just moving on and leaving the rest of us to our torment trying to make this inadequate program do our bidding... Shh don't tell anybody but it works just great for me!

So before you go how about posting the outstanding specs of your computer, I'm sure we'd all like to drool over your mini Cray...

David

I don't know what mental issue you have, but i said "the more I use it", "I" meaning me, not everybody, so learn to read.

Plus, everyone always trolls "what r u specs, what is ur dxdiag, blah blah blah" so I simply stated my specs were higher, and i was still having problems. i was not bragging, etc...

and once again, over here in the USA, your phrasing is unknown to me, so why don't u stick to the technical stuff, huh? if you dont have anything to contribute, then shut the F up.

And to contribute further to this thread, when I am trying to render in 3D, i have had the program crash 50% of the time. My drivers are-up-to-date, directx is up-to-date and clean, i have plenty of power, ram and hd space... so, yeah, FOR ME, it works like shit, especially compared to PD9. So, to re-assert my statement, before you started trolling all over the place, I agree with the OP, profoundly.
Not worth it at all.

The 3D formats are broken and poorly developed.

The software lags 2x as much as PD9-Ultra64.

The rendering is not faster, by any means.
Quote:
Quote: I agree with the OP. This program has some serious issues.

My computer has twice the specs of his, and I have non-stop problems.

PD9-Ultra64 was waaaaaaaay better then both 8 and 10

Must be Christmas

I don't get that reference... I worked my ass off to afford my system.

And to add to it, this BS program claims native 3D support, but you can't import seperate Left/Right files into the workflow. The more I use this program, the worse it gets. I'm making a call on Monday, and if they don't have a resolution, I'm getting a full refund.
WOW

both of the 3D formats that GoPro's program uses, arent recognized by PD10. So i have to convert to 3D format, then convert again to side-by-side. I can see the quality getting washed down the drain. And, only then, can I import into PD10. What a POS program CyberLink!!!

*sigh*
Thats exactly what I did in PD9-Ultra64. LOL, thats not true 3D format, its just, like u said "squashed" and produces shitty results. its almost unwatcheable with all the ghosting and distortion, even in 1080p. And thats with NVIDIA 3D Vision running at over 120Hz, the best type of non-commercial 3D available right now.

BUT, if i did that "squashing" in PD10, i couldn't use any of the built-in 3D features. yes, i could render a 3D movie, but with no transitions, no titles, no effects, no particles, etc... PD10 really messed up on this one, lol. And whats worse, PD10 doesnt even come with true 3D titles!!! Only 3D-like, which, again, was some serious false-advertising. (or the 2D with depth conversion, which is flat and boring and unprofessional)

I did, however, find a trial program GoPro offers that converts left/right to a 3D format, BUT, every time you encode a video it looses quality, a lot of quality, no matter what ur settings are. So, its a terrible workaround, but it'll hold me over while i bitch at them on the phone until they add true 3D support like they advertised.

Thanks again for your reply!
oh, i almost forgot, I noticed a large improvement when "creating a folder" to store the DVD files, before burning them. it should be an option in your "burn" dialouge.

edit: that and using high-quality DVD-R discs works best, don't use that cheap crap, lol
So, when they advertised "native 3D support", they were lying. Great.

Looks like customer service is gonna get a call on Monday, and if they don't have a solution, they'll be losing my business. Because they know damn well that yes, 2x2D is native 3D, thats what the professional movie studios use, and PD10 shouldn't ignore that important format. Also, its the cheapest way to gather 3D video, and the most versatile, etc...

Thanks for your answer, it was very helpful. I appreciate it.
I agree with the OP. This program has some serious issues.

My computer has twice the specs of his, and I have non-stop problems.

PD9-Ultra64 was waaaaaaaay better then both 8 and 10
I have an Intel i7 920 (3.0GHz), a GTX570, 7200RPM SATA3 hd, 12GB triple-channel DDR3,...

and...

its still not enough. I contantly lag, freeze, etc... And thats on a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate system.

I should have gotten the 10,000RPM SATA6 hd, and the top of the line i7.
How long is the video you are burning to the DVD?

I have found that burning too long of a video compromises quality to a suprising extent.

In my exp, anything over 60mins looks terrible on a normal 4GB DVD.
Aside from all the issues with the 3D support in this program (I upgraded for the 3D and now I feel like I got cheated),

The Program Has NO WAY To Load A Seperate File For Each Eye Into The Editing Timeline!!!

Yes, You Can use Two Vid Tracks And Stretch The Files, But That Is NOT Compatible With The Other 3D Features.

Did PowerDirector just decide to screw everyone with a GoPro 3D setup? And especially those with DSLR 3D setups?

Someone help me out here, or I'm going to be returning this upgrade and switching back to 9.
I just bought this program, and it is slower than PowerDirector 8.

I have the Ultra64 version.

I have an i7 3Ghz processor and an overclocked GTX570 card.

It takes 10 or more seconds to load menus when I try to add effects, change which clip I'm working with, or perform any function at all. It is completely unacceptable, and makes video editing near impossible.

I work with many different HD video formats. Mostly 720p 30fps or 720p 60fps video. PowerDirector 8 ran fast and smooth, with the same video formats and quality.

Is there a fix for this, or do I need to go back to PowerDirector8 ???
Go to: