Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview looks great, Burnt DVD sucks
Les Skymo
Newbie Location: Carlisle Ohio Joined: Dec 15, 2011 13:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Have Deluxe PowerDirector 10, Windows 7 on my comp. downloaded everything from my libraries worked them over in the PD in the preview it looked great but after I burned DVD it started out looking good but has intermitent distortions in video and music they seem to happen at the same time through the entire video it happens with SlideShow and Full Feature Editor I changed burn speed several times no help, Whats up? Whatever
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome, Les.
There are basic needs for the volunteers here to give some guidance.
A good start is to supply us with a DXdiag, a summary of your machine's innards, including driver dates.
Please follow PART B, but you should take a look at the others, just to be familiar with the forum.
Please, PART B. !attached!
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 00:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
How long is the video you are burning to the DVD?

I have found that burning too long of a video compromises quality to a suprising extent.

In my exp, anything over 60mins looks terrible on a normal 4GB DVD.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmmmmmmmm... most of my projects are well over an hour and always look exactly as I made them... But I never use HD video and it is mostly photos and scanned photos, with hundreds of titles and transitions....

Another reason not to go with HD.... more trouble than it is worth.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 00:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
oh, i almost forgot, I noticed a large improvement when "creating a folder" to store the DVD files, before burning them. it should be an option in your "burn" dialouge.

edit: that and using high-quality DVD-R discs works best, don't use that cheap crap, lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2011 12:30

[Post New]
I only know one way to burn a DVD with more than 1 hour with quality. the video must be in a format that links SVRT3, it is possible to maintain the original quality.
Other than that I do Producer in MPEG2, then mount the DVD in another Cabinet Software
PD also does not create DVDs in progressive mode, only interlaced