Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Runs Very Slow, Glitchy, Takes A Long Time To Load Menus
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 00:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought this program, and it is slower than PowerDirector 8.

I have the Ultra64 version.

I have an i7 3Ghz processor and an overclocked GTX570 card.

It takes 10 or more seconds to load menus when I try to add effects, change which clip I'm working with, or perform any function at all. It is completely unacceptable, and makes video editing near impossible.

I work with many different HD video formats. Mostly 720p 30fps or 720p 60fps video. PowerDirector 8 ran fast and smooth, with the same video formats and quality.

Is there a fix for this, or do I need to go back to PowerDirector8 ???
KEN-PD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 08:48 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I too have an i7 with nvidia fermi card. I also have an i7 with nvidia pre-fermi 8800gt card. Both running updated W7/64 bit with latest (266.5 video drivers.
PD9 on both machines is very slow and can become unresponsive doing the same actions as on PD8.

I do not do things that seem 'complex' - only cut and edit on a single timeline - no effects, subtitles, etc.
However, most of the clips are 720p or 1080i.

PD9 V2504 seems even more sluggish than 2330a. Artifacts in the video output also appear that do not in PD8.

If the work was complex, then it could be chalked up to the stress on the program/computer/cpu, etc.

But where PD8 is workable, PD9 is not - on the same exact machines doing the same exact simple editing on the same exact input files.

FWIW, I am back on PD8, waiting to see if a patch comes out that helps.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Ken-pd the artifacts are a result of the drivers. You need to go back to 260.99 until they fix them.

I also run an i7 cpu win7 64 bit and no problems with speed in pd9

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2011 16:17

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn