Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is an update... I downloaded PD9 and ALL of its patches up through build 2930 and this is a real improvement. There is software for editing audio and for removing noise, as well as a graphics equalizer. I would recommend that anyone facing the same background noise issues I am facing upgrade to PD 9.

Thanks.

John Gaertner
Thanks, I did just download and install PD 9, to be able to use the WAVE editor after reading up about it. If I could cut the noise in 1/2, that would be fine. Compared to other educational DVDs I have seen, our are pretty good.

I will report what I find out.

John
Hello, I need to film regularly in my workshop. The land lord has 220V 3 Phase Metal Halid lights that hum like crazy. When I film, I get the back ground hum on all my tape. I use UHF wireless mics, turn off as many lights as not needed but its still there.

How does one remove certain frequency noise with PD 8? I have tried the Noise Correction feature but it just makes the audi muddy. Is there any way to do it with software?

Does any of the newer versions of PD have a feature like a graphics equalizer?

Thanks
Sorry, I do not know. Maybe the software checks to see the kind of medium in the DVD burner before it tries to start burning. I just bought at Stables 100 Sony DVDs for $24.99! That was like a $38 savings!

I guess I can try some double layer DVDs at some point.

Jgaertner
OK, problem is solved!

It was the size of my video production. It was like seconds over 1 hour.

I made a few small changes, reduced the production size to 59:45:15 and it recorded to HQ Quality, no problems!

And WOW what a differece that makes of the play back quality! So I have learned something very important !

Keep your productions down to less than 60 minutes if you can.

Regards,

Jgaertner
Some more information... I was able to brurn this project on my TB drive in my workstation when I changed the quality setting from HQ to Standard. The amount of disc space on the DVD was dramatically reduced based on the little slide scale at the bottom of the control panel. The DVD plays fine and looks OK on play back on my computer as long as you do nt do full screen. So..... I am guessing my problem has to do with the amount of Video (61 minutes) I am trying to put on a standard Sony DVD.

Hope this helps all those other PD8 users?

jgaertner

My initial attempt at burning the movie was from my internal 1TB drive on my dedicated video work station. This did not work. My second attempt was from my portable TB drive connected to my laptop. So maybe you are correct, and I should try it on the C drive of my laptop? It is just that the laptop does not have a lot of extra room on the C drive.

J.
Hello,

I am trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with this software? I have just created a new project after several months being away form PD8. Project all done, Chapters all installed, just like other DVDs, we created, Produce the movie. Then when I try to burn to 4.7GB DVD or to FILE, I get this error message in 2 seconds!

Burn Failed 8000FFFF !

Does not tell me anything.

So I packed the project up and move it to a newer computer with PD8 on it, same thing! There is a TB of room on the HD we are using! Video is 60 minutes long, 4027MB ?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

J.
I wanted to give everyone who reads this thread (and is probably in the same boat as I am/was)

What I was able to come up with after spending a lot of time on this problem of the DVDs not burning correctly.

My solution was to export the project in PD8 to my large portable hard drive and open it on a newer, fast HP laptop that I have PD8 loaded on. I then ran the Produce function and the Menu/Create a Disk functions on this laptop and I WAS able to successfully burn a master DVD of my project. No error messages. No crashing...

This would lead me to believe the problem is with my video card on my workstation and maybe the amount of RAM available. I have since ordered an NVIDIA Card and more 2 more Gigs of RAM for my workstation. Hopefully, these upgrades will make it better able to finish my video projects...

John
No I have no idea what "Parameter" they are talking about on the error message. I did the same thing, a search for this exact error message in the forum and came back with some unrelated threads.. I have no special effects or such in my production.

I have not tried making a new project. I just do not have the time right now. I am in the process of loading PD 8 onto my laptop and I am going to try and export my finished project to this computer to see whether this will work any better. But this is no way to run a program...

Thank you,

John
Thank you. I had watched that tutorial as well as the one for PD 9 on menus. But unfortunately the person making these tutorials does not start from scratch like I have to do when making thier menus. They use the ones already in the library or available on line. The menus I am making are for my company's videos and they have to match our format and presentation. So it is a lot more challenging.

As it is I think I have semi-mastered the menu design process, as it is in PD 8 after spending 12-15 hours at it over several days. The software is very poor in its performance including things like opening images that you want for your buttons, only the image do not apprear on your screen? You have to hunt around in the top three software menu buttons until you can get your image to apprear... There are major problems with the text alignment for your chapter titles. And the fact that you have to keep assigning the correct WAV file when you change anything on the menu. It is very poor. I found the only way you can possibly get the results you want is by saving every single alteration as a new menu and double check it before assigning it to the DVD at the time you burn it.

My biggest problem now is the fact that I cannot even burn my projects to DVD as posted in another thread!

Thank you for that suggestion.

I tried undoing the changes to the menu last night after posting and tried a burn to disk option, and the exact same thing happen, 20 seconds into the burn. Same error message.

So I do not know what is wrong with the software. I successfully burned a DVD on the same computer to back up my video clips and files last night after this problem occured. So I am pretty sure it is not the DVD burner or computer...

John
Hello,

I have creates a video, complete with 6 Chapters and a custom menu. I was able to Produce it and burn it to a DVD last weekend. When I tried to modify the menu and then burn a new DVD with the modifications today, it would burn for 20 seconds and then give me the error message:

" 11% Burn Unsucessful The parameter is incorrect"

I tried several time, burning a DVD. It will not go beyond 11% 20 seconds? I have tried reading as many of the posts on this subject as I can... I am not sure I really see any solutions offered? Once again, this software is very frustrating.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

PS: I realize the moderator wants a great many more details: So I have the most recent Build of the PD. I am using video files that were generated on my Sony DCR-TVR17 camera, I have some basic still images for color boards, and 1 wav file for sound/music for the beginning and end of the video. The video is 47 minutes long. As mentioned above, the production created a DVD last week, just fine. I did make a custom menu for that burn last week, but it worked fine.

Hello Kevin,

I received some professional computer help this morning and my friend updated all the drivers on my HP computer. We rebooted the computer, opend PD Ultra 8 and tried adding the Power Tool effect of lightening the scene to just one segment of the entire video. It did the exact same thing. It makes the video segment jittery and the audio unclear.

At this point I have not "Produced" the whole video since the Power Tool was not working. So I do not know what else to try.

Thanks,

Thanks Jeff, Unfortunatley all I found was a tutorial for PD 9 menus? I have PD 8. I watched it anyway but it has features not present on my PD Ulta software. You have told me I cannot have my chapter buttons on the "Root Menu". That is too bad. But even with this bit of knowlegde, I am not able to create the Chapter Buttons I would like on the "Title/Chapters Menu". I go and create these buttons and save and the *&^% thing goes right back to the way it was before! It is incredibly stupid design. I am no novice to editing, but have not had to create menus before. This is a total waste of time and money.

Thanks,

OK, so I have been working for several hours trying to create a simple, custom menu for my 5 chapter video project. I have the user manual printed out and have read it, I have checked the older posts on this forum, I have searched for You tube tutorials...

I know how to get my own image as the main menu screen, how to set the chapter images I want for the Chapters, I can set the music I want, but I cannot figure out how to place chapter buttons on the main menu page?

I do not want all these screens off the main menu like the software seems to want to make. There seems to be no way to select the "number of buttons" pull down menu, when I am trying to set this menu up? I just do not get this software's operations.

I find this software very frustrating.
OK, Thank you for your help. I am afraid I cannot do this right now...
No I took all the Power Tools effects off of all of my the segments because they were hurting the video.
OK, I so am not sure what a "build" is. I ordered PowerDirector Ultra 8.0 3022 directly from Cyberlink. Here is a screen shot of my work space. Here is the DXDia text file. I am using a Sony DCR-TRV17 camera. The footage is from that camera, using the batch capture function. Any ideas? Thanks.
I found that if I used the "ADD" button, first, right where I wanted the clip to start (you can edit it later, more accurately after you have captured it) and then used the fake, thumb wheel thingie I was able to do a batch capture with my Sony DCR-TRV17 . Before figuring this out, I was not able to get it to activate the edit "In" and "out" icons either. By touching the thumb wheel activated the in and out icons.

Hope that helps?
Hello, I have a question, why is it when you use the Power Tool, to say lighten a video segment, that when you go back and play that segment it becomes all sloppy and out of sync? What is going on here or are these tools just useless? I wanted to make a shot lighter and after using the tool, the video was all blurry and looked terrible.

Thanks,

Jgaertner
Go to: