Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Tools ruin video quality?
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I have a question, why is it when you use the Power Tool, to say lighten a video segment, that when you go back and play that segment it becomes all sloppy and out of sync? What is going on here or are these tools just useless? I wanted to make a shot lighter and after using the tool, the video was all blurry and looked terrible.

Thanks,

Jgaertner
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I have never had this issue so you would need to provide some basic information to be able to help you.

1. Provide a screenshot of your workspace...Make sure it is the entire workspace including your entire timeline and the clips in your Media Room.

2. PRovide a DxDiag file about your PC setup....get to your RUN command...type in DxDiag...select OK...save the result s as a text file and attach it to your next post.

3. What build of PD8 are you using? I think the latest build is 3220.

4. What are you using for your video source files in your project? Where do they come from? A camera? Make? Model? Or are they from somewhere else? We would need to know what typr of video file they are.... and the resolution... to start with.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
OK, I so am not sure what a "build" is. I ordered PowerDirector Ultra 8.0 3022 directly from Cyberlink. Here is a screen shot of my work space. Here is the DXDia text file. I am using a Sony DCR-TRV17 camera. The footage is from that camera, using the batch capture function. Any ideas? Thanks.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
703 time(s)
[Thumb - power-director.jpg]
 Filename
power-director.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
676 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the info....really appreciate it....

Just a quick observation...I didn't see any Power Tools applied to your clips from the screenshot...which one did you use? I will try to use the same one

Also...could you attach a short 5-10 second sample from your camera? Just attach it to your post so we can test it and see what might be up with it.

Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
I forgot to mention you are using the latest build 3220....that is good.

sorry that I forgot to mention it.

Kevin
[Post New]
No I took all the Power Tools effects off of all of my the segments because they were hurting the video.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Ok....

Which power tool were you using ? and could you attach a sample of the video you are using so that we might try to duplicate your problem. And we need to know what file type you selected and the profile you selected when you produced the video so that we can accurately duplicate all the exact steps you took yourself.

We are sort of stuck without the sample file and the information I wrote above. At least I am stuck....because I haven't seen what you are describing before.

When you said:
that when you go back and play that segment it becomes all sloppy and out of sync?

I am not really clear what all sloppy looks like...obviously it isn't good what you are seeing...but do you understand what I am saying? What you are experiencing isn't what "normally" happens...I can use all the Power Tool with no ill effects on my system. So it is either related to the video clips you are using...a corrupt installation of PD....or something on your unique PC that is causing the problem.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2011 19:35

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
One thing that I will tell you right off the bat from your DxDiag file:

Your graphic card drivers are dated:
Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Driver Date/Size: 9/20/2005
So they are 5 years old...my guess is that may be a big problem. I would update them and get them current. Outdated Graphic card drivers can cause many problems.

I think I found the right link to update your intel drivers, just enter your OS system (Windows XP Pro)and it should bring you to the right drivers....

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Internet+Devices&ProductLine=Entry+Level+Desktop+PC&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+82945G+Express+Chipset

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2011 19:46

[Post New]
OK, Thank you for your help. I am afraid I cannot do this right now...
[Post New]
Hello Kevin,

I received some professional computer help this morning and my friend updated all the drivers on my HP computer. We rebooted the computer, opend PD Ultra 8 and tried adding the Power Tool effect of lightening the scene to just one segment of the entire video. It did the exact same thing. It makes the video segment jittery and the audio unclear.

At this point I have not "Produced" the whole video since the Power Tool was not working. So I do not know what else to try.

Thanks,

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
If it were me, I would produce the project to a video file and then view it to see if the problem as seen in the preview window during editing followed it into producing a video file.

Out of curiousity...If you place the sample "Nature.mpg" on the timeline and apply the Power Tool (lightening)......does the problem show up using this sample mpg in the preview window?

Kevin