Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello, So running my DVD burner at 8x rather than 16X worked. No crashing of the computer. Burn took 51 minutes. But that is alright. So learned a lesson. Take it slow on the DVD burner...
OK, sounds like a good idea. Right now I am trying to burn the same DVD at 8X rather than 16X as was set before. Since this is a Master DVD to be put on a duplicator I am not concerned about the increased length of time it takes. I checked and my Video project is only 3771 MB on a 4700 MB DVD. Will report what happens.
Hello,

I have created a 2 DVD set of videos. DVD 1 is a little less than 1 hrs. long, has 4 chapters, burns fine with PD13.

DVD 2 is 1:2.00 Hr. long. 2 minutes over 1 Hrs. and every time I go to 2D burn the DVD the entire Windows 7 Home Premium crashes?

Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks
OK, Thanks for your help. Now I understand where the controls went. Still HATE the way PD does Menues! I do not want to use a pre formatted menue for my company's DVDs we sell but making your own takes longer than filming and editing the 2 hour DVD!

Very frustrating...
I am trying to create a one screen menue (No root Menue) with 4 thumbnails and chapters and single color background. I have placed the 4 chapters in my time line, I have chosen the thumbnails from the video, and have tried repeatedly to create a simple menue. My issues are as follows.

The thumbnail look terrible. The are straight from the video? The text has poor resolution even at small font size like 12 point. And my action buttons, forward, stop etc have disappeared when I go to Creat Disc-Burn in 2D?

I have looked at the PD 13 tutorial, but they are changing an existing menue, not creating a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.
OK, That is a great suggestion. Thanks.
OK, thanks. The 2 DVD long video has all been edited in PD 12. It is my understanding from prior verisions of this software that you cannot move a project from one edition to the other? (I started with edition 8...) We are not going to re-edit 50 hours of footage for this.

Maybe the next project will be done on 13?
I am trying to create a new DVD menu for a video we made for work. I do not want sub menues, just a root menu with the 4 chapters we are using for the disk. Is this possible?

Can you change the size of the thumb nail shown? It is too small to show the image we are have choosen from each chapter. Why did they design the thumbnails to be smaller than the screen you are picking an image from?

Thanks,
I check and according to my system's "check for newer driver" this is the latest driver for this computer. I just took PD 11 off and reinstalled PD 9. I have to get things done, I cannot wait for CyberLink to "maybe" make a patch or fix for PD 11 when they are already onto PD 12 with its own problems. (see PD 12 forum for more details)

Also need to start looking for a different editing software.
Hello Forum,

Fragmentation of my drive is not the problem. The drive is a Terabyte drive with less than 30% used. When you try to run the defragging softwareon my AVG it says it is not necessary at this time and stops. It has something to do with the PD 11 software.

Jgaertner
Hello,

The clips are straight from my Canon digital video camera in their native MTS format. There are very little transitions used between clips, duration 5 second (default setting) Each clip is roughly 2-3 minutes. Any transition from one clip to another is causing the problem of the audio being out of synch with the video. Just a hard cut, from one shot to the next causes a problem.

I am not able to post this material as it is for commercial use by my firm and copyrighted.

Thanks for your help. It seems this should not be an issue but clearly in reading about PowerDirector 12's problems, it is.

Another Note- I just reloaded Power Director 9 on my Windows 7 machine, re-edited the same MTS files, and there NO synching problem with the video. So it is a problem with Power Director 11 and either the video driver or something else.
Still hoping to hear back from someone on the forum regarding this issue?

I have been using PowerDirector since 8 to 11 now with small issue, all along the way but this is a game stopper and I have to edit videos for my business from time to time.

Jgaernter
OK, Thanks for the additional instructions. Hopefully, this file will help?

Jgaertner
Hello,

I do not have MP3 files, the video source was my digital video camera, I have used at worked for 2 years and I did try dumbing down the video performance, to no affect? Thanks for the link. I have attached my DXDIAG file. No idea what it is about, though?

I tried playing the video clips on Windows Media player and there is no issues there. Also, tried another computer, same problem?

Jgaertner
I am trying to work on a new video for work. I have PD 11 build 3220. Using HP laptop with Windows 7.

For some reason after putting the video segments together on my time line the audio is ahead of the video on play back/review? I have cleared my cache prior to working on this project.

I have checked, and the individual clips do not show any signs of not being in synch on playback. This problem only happens after they have been placed in the time line and edited for lead in and lead out cuts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
I have had problems in the past with the length of my videos when I try to produce and burn them to DVD. How many minutes long is your project? I try to keep mine at under 58 minutes and things have worked pretty well.

Hope that helps.

jgaertner1
Hello,

I have been working on a new intro segment to a new Video I am producing. The inro has our music, company name etc and is use over and over again for each of our video productions. This new intro has music, lots of quick shots and scene changes as well as using the Power Tools for speeding up the video footage... Anyway, I was finding that when I tried to run this on my computer as a bunch of little segments, PD 9 would bog down and even skip some of the short segments or show only black. (probably my computer/video card is over taxed, but its the one I have right now).

My solution to this problem was to take the intro video, by itself, "save as" and then Produce it as its own MPEG file. I named it, Intro and then just imported it into my video library. I then deleted all the individual segments and music that were at the beginning of my new video title and the new beginning runs perfectly.

Just a suggestion for anyone running into the same kind of problems.
The file will open in the audio editor software that came with PD 9. I just 'saved as" again... into my file folder and PD 9 allowed it to import OK. But what a pain. The file works just fine on Windows Media Player. It worked in all my PD 8 productions (it is music I purchased, so I am not inclined to upload it here).

No idea why it will not work as normal from the windows file folder?

John

Hello,

I just upgraded from PD 8 to PD 9 this past week. I wanted to add a wav file I can play in Windows and have used many times on my videos. Only when I load it into my media library and then drag it into the Audio track, it makes a terrible screaching sound, and them nothing? What is going on? Any ideas?

OH, yea, I almost forgot, you can play the wav in WaveEditor?

Thanks,
Here is an update... I downloaded PD9 and ALL of its patches up through build 2930 and this is a real improvement. There is software for editing audio and for removing noise, as well as a graphics equalizer. I would recommend that anyone facing the same background noise issues I am facing upgrade to PD 9.

Thanks.

John Gaertner
Go to: