Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to Burn DVDs after it worked last weekend? "The parameter is incorrect" error message?
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have creates a video, complete with 6 Chapters and a custom menu. I was able to Produce it and burn it to a DVD last weekend. When I tried to modify the menu and then burn a new DVD with the modifications today, it would burn for 20 seconds and then give me the error message:

" 11% Burn Unsucessful The parameter is incorrect"

I tried several time, burning a DVD. It will not go beyond 11% 20 seconds? I have tried reading as many of the posts on this subject as I can... I am not sure I really see any solutions offered? Once again, this software is very frustrating.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

PS: I realize the moderator wants a great many more details: So I have the most recent Build of the PD. I am using video files that were generated on my Sony DCR-TVR17 camera, I have some basic still images for color boards, and 1 wav file for sound/music for the beginning and end of the video. The video is 47 minutes long. As mentioned above, the production created a DVD last week, just fine. I did make a custom menu for that burn last week, but it worked fine.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
387 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 23. 2011 19:09

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
When I tried to modify the menu and then burn a new DVD with the modifications today, it would burn for 20 seconds and then give me the error message:

So what did you change?

Undo the change and try burning a Disk Folder, uncheck the burn disk option so you are not making coasters. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thank you for that suggestion.

I tried undoing the changes to the menu last night after posting and tried a burn to disk option, and the exact same thing happen, 20 seconds into the burn. Same error message.

So I do not know what is wrong with the software. I successfully burned a DVD on the same computer to back up my video clips and files last night after this problem occured. So I am pretty sure it is not the DVD burner or computer...

John
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
jgaertner1@earthlink.net

I saw your post on the How to Create a custom menu.

It is wise to save all changes and check them one step at a time. Yes, I know that is time consuming.

" 11% Burn Unsucessful The parameter is incorrect"

Do you know what Parameter the error may be talking about?

Have you been using any Particle effects?

I did a search in PD8 Help for the word "Parameter", I get two hits, one the about Particle Designer and the other is about Capture Preferences. I doubt you are concerned about capturing video from a DV camcorder in Menu design.

Have you done the basic of a new project, and burning a DVD of the Sample files. If that works then nothing wrong in the software.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2011 19:47

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
No I have no idea what "Parameter" they are talking about on the error message. I did the same thing, a search for this exact error message in the forum and came back with some unrelated threads.. I have no special effects or such in my production.

I have not tried making a new project. I just do not have the time right now. I am in the process of loading PD 8 onto my laptop and I am going to try and export my finished project to this computer to see whether this will work any better. But this is no way to run a program...

Thank you,

John
[Post New]
I wanted to give everyone who reads this thread (and is probably in the same boat as I am/was)

What I was able to come up with after spending a lot of time on this problem of the DVDs not burning correctly.

My solution was to export the project in PD8 to my large portable hard drive and open it on a newer, fast HP laptop that I have PD8 loaded on. I then ran the Produce function and the Menu/Create a Disk functions on this laptop and I WAS able to successfully burn a master DVD of my project. No error messages. No crashing...

This would lead me to believe the problem is with my video card on my workstation and maybe the amount of RAM available. I have since ordered an NVIDIA Card and more 2 more Gigs of RAM for my workstation. Hopefully, these upgrades will make it better able to finish my video projects...

John