Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with batch capturing.
Bolzens [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2010 13:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Please help. When I want to make batch capturing (split video scenes) from my HDV camera (Canon HV30) to computer hard disk, there are all three buttons in "Capture preferences" segment are not active and therefore batch capturing are impossible. How to activate these buttons?
Chris501 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 17:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue with my Canon HV20 and PD 9 (with Windows 7) but still have not figured out how to resolve this. Has anybody else solved this problem?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A "search" of this forum may give you an answer...but...
for the HV20-30-40, download HDVSplit. It's free.
http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm
This will allow you to capture with each scene split by timecode. You will save yourself a lot of trouble, and you will be amazed at the quality.
Video editing is a multi-program endeavor and this little program is a MUST!
Let us know what happened, feedback is important to the next person in line. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I found that if I used the "ADD" button, first, right where I wanted the clip to start (you can edit it later, more accurately after you have captured it) and then used the fake, thumb wheel thingie I was able to do a batch capture with my Sony DCR-TRV17 . Before figuring this out, I was not able to get it to activate the edit "In" and "out" icons either. By touching the thumb wheel activated the in and out icons.

Hope that helps?