Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to burn disc Error message "8000FFFF" Burn Failed?
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with this software? I have just created a new project after several months being away form PD8. Project all done, Chapters all installed, just like other DVDs, we created, Produce the movie. Then when I try to burn to 4.7GB DVD or to FILE, I get this error message in 2 seconds!

Burn Failed 8000FFFF !

Does not tell me anything.

So I packed the project up and move it to a newer computer with PD8 on it, same thing! There is a TB of room on the HD we are using! Video is 60 minutes long, 4027MB ?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

J.
dale9532 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2010 05:14 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
well, just be sure that your source video files are NOT on an external hard drive, but on the C drive. I find that if I try to burn a DVD with the source files on an external hard drive, I get a shutting down error every single time. So usually I have to produce the movie first to the C drive, THEN burn a DVD from a separate project.
[Post New]
My initial attempt at burning the movie was from my internal 1TB drive on my dedicated video work station. This did not work. My second attempt was from my portable TB drive connected to my laptop. So maybe you are correct, and I should try it on the C drive of my laptop? It is just that the laptop does not have a lot of extra room on the C drive.

J.
dale9532 [Avatar]
[Post New]
But what about your previous projects you've said burned onto DVD.. didn't they work? Weren't they from an external drive? But anyway, I think that's the issue. It's a pain to produce the movie onto the C drive, then burn it again into a separate project because you will end up encoding the movie twice thus degrading the quality.
[Post New]
Some more information... I was able to brurn this project on my TB drive in my workstation when I changed the quality setting from HQ to Standard. The amount of disc space on the DVD was dramatically reduced based on the little slide scale at the bottom of the control panel. The DVD plays fine and looks OK on play back on my computer as long as you do nt do full screen. So..... I am guessing my problem has to do with the amount of Video (61 minutes) I am trying to put on a standard Sony DVD.

Hope this helps all those other PD8 users?

jgaertner

[Post New]
OK, problem is solved!

It was the size of my video production. It was like seconds over 1 hour.

I made a few small changes, reduced the production size to 59:45:15 and it recorded to HQ Quality, no problems!

And WOW what a differece that makes of the play back quality! So I have learned something very important !

Keep your productions down to less than 60 minutes if you can.

Regards,

Jgaertner

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2011 16:15

dale9532 [Avatar]
[Post New]
wait a sec.. what's that? Less than 1 hour makes a difference.. then it will burn? One of my projects I have is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Then how can you fill up a dual-layer DVD then? Because they can hold over 2 hours or more.
[Post New]
Sorry, I do not know. Maybe the software checks to see the kind of medium in the DVD burner before it tries to start burning. I just bought at Stables 100 Sony DVDs for $24.99! That was like a $38 savings!

I guess I can try some double layer DVDs at some point.

Jgaertner