Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Thanks for that info.
I used your 1st link and when I opened Default apps, went to all the dz files and on the dzt app it showed Internet Explorer. I went to MS store and it showed PD 364 free version plus the other two and a couple other files.
Didn't think I wanted to download/install any because what I have should work. So, based on a suggeestion in that post you suggested, I uninstalled PD and now am in the process of re-installling it.
Will update when finished.
BTW - none of the dz apps had anythng associated with them.
The last suggestion you just made, Control Panel, Progams, default programs: This is what is there

Let;s put this one to bed. I found the problem after reinstalling PD with no success on the download bit.
I went to Apps, Default apps, and nothing. dzt has IE. If I wanted to change that, had to go to MS store.
Clicked on Set defaults by app. Scrolled down to dzt and clicked on IE and selected Cyberlink.
Opened PD, went to templets, selected on and download. Clicked on the download link, Open and zoom - installed in PD.
Wow. A lot of time spent on this. Glad it's over.
Once again I have to "tip my hat" to you. Every time I come here with a problem, I'm treated civilly and we find the answer and I become a little smarter in the process. Proof you ain't too old to learn something new.
Phew. Glad this is over. I'll mark your last post as the answer.
Thank you very much.

Hi,

In addition to the above and just for completeness:

Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Default apps by file type

should display a complete list of file types and their current default opening apps.

Scroll through to the .dzxxx series to see if Effect Extractor is listed against them.

Attached is the list for my system for reference.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for that info.
I used your 1st link and when I opened Default apps, went to all the dz files and on the dzt app it showed Internet Explorer. I went to MS store and it showed PD 364 free version plus the other two and a couple other files.
Didn't think I wanted to download/install any because what I have should work. So, based on a suggeestion in that post you suggested, I uninstalled PD and now am in the process of re-installling it.
Will update when finished.
BTW - none of the dz apps had anythng associated with them.
The last suggestion you just made, Control Panel, Progams, default programs: This is what is there
Quote That is nothing to worry about. It is a new feature in the Microsoft Edge Browser as it receives periodic updates. The latest updates give the messages you posted because the cyberlink effects extractor is not installed in the edge browser. I simply choose to save them in my designated Download folder if that message pops up. If it bothers you or is confusing then use a different browser like Chrome to avoid this.

Do what you did a year ago. Simply go to the download folder later with file explorer and double click on that .dzt file to install that title. You will notice that the .dzt file has no descriptive file name. That is just a change and it is of no concern. You can rename it to whatever you want.

Thanks Tomasc for your response.
Well, yes it is a problem. I don't use Edge to access Cyberlink - always Chrome. Even if I save it to my download folder, it still will not open/install in PD. Everything I try I end up with the two windows shown in my original post. If I right click and "Open With", the only thing that comes up is Acrobat Reader and Internet Explorer. If I click on more apps, I get Movie, spreadsheet, MS word processor, Note pad, Paint, MPC HP, etc. If I choose MS store, 3 versions of PD show, along with something else. Don't see a need to buy anymore PD. Should work with what I have. Worked about 3-4 days ago.
Thanks for your help.
Good morning all.
I'm not sure what I'm about to post is appropriate for this Forum. I've been on a Microsoft Community Forum on the problem for 2 days but the only response I've received indicates the individual is not that experienced in anythng related to Cyberlink and Power Director.
I''m using PD 16, HP desktop i7, 360GHz, 10MB memory, 1TB hdd, Chrome.
Here's my delimma. I'm unable to download/install any templates into my PD.
I'm working on a short photoshow and want to use a title that is specific to funerals. I found one and when I click Download the download shows up in the download spot on the upper righr part of my browser with a downpointing arrow. When I click on it, it shows "Open" or "Save". See atch 1
If I click on Open I get a different window shown in atch 2
It won't open. If I click on Save and go to my download folder and click on it, same thing.
If I right click, what shows is Accrobat Reader and Internet Explorer. Other apps are those for documents, video player, etc. If I go the MS store, it shows Cyberlink software.
Nothing I do will open the item and install it on my PD.
I tried a different title, same thing.
I have no idea why this is happening. I used it about 3-4 days ago with no problems.
Has Cyberlink changed anything for downloading on old PDs?
Quote Thanks for the new info. It looks like your system is about 9 years old and you have the final AMD GPU driver installed from 2015. That's probably as up-to-date as you're going to get.

It doesn't matter which clip you share. Since they're all from the same camera, just pick the shortest one.

I'm not sure yet why the clips seem to work fine in the PD19 trial, but there do seem to be problems with Windows (and with OneDrive in particular) as can be seen at the end of the DxDiag results.

This occurs on many systems and I don't know if any of the issues might be affecting PD16, but you may want to run the two commands shown in this post to see if there is any damage that might be repairable.

To be thorough, you may want to uninstall/disable OneDrive if you don't use it; otherwise you try the troubleshooting tips here. These issues might be resolved by the sfc and dism commands and they shouldn't have any impact on PD.

Thanks again for your help
I'll go through your suggestions and see what I come up with. I guess I'll uninstall/reinstall One Drive to see if that will make a difference. I'd do away with it but I think I remember one of my clouds (Apple or Google) doing away with the storage and recommends moving stuff to One Drive. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time.
As for the clips, I guess I'll use the trial PD 19 or just forget those clips. Nothing important.
Yep. Computer is old. It's been one heck of a computer for me. Never failed me and I purchased it used on EBay. That in itself is amazing that it still works. Been thinking about a new one but an equivalent will be on the "expensive (for me)" side, considering what's inside.
Any way, thanks very much for your interest and help. Continue having a great/safe Memorial Day.

Thank you optodata for your response.
All clips are the originals that were imported from the camera to my Videos file, including the 3rd, with no modifications. The time of the 3rd clip is a tad over 13 sedonds (see atch) and plays normal. The loss of audio starts on the 12th clip.
As for sharing a clip, which one would you prefer? The entire video is approx. 38 1/2 minutes.

Here's something interesting.
I just downloaded the free version of PD 19 and imported the same clips.
They all play normally. Hmmmm.
What you think about that?
Quote How short is that 3rd clip in the Audio2 screenshot? PD may not work with raw clips that are shorter than 2 seconds. If the raw clip is actually longer and you've simply trimmed the clip on the timeline, what happens if you change the order of the clips? Does the error track with one specific clip or is it always at the 11th position?

If you need more assistance it would help to see the DxDiag results as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide. You may also want to share one of the clips here. See this FAQ for more details.

Thank you optodata for your response.
All clips are the originals that were imported from the camera to my Videos file, including the 3rd, with no modifications. The time of the 3rd clip is a tad over 13 sedonds (see atch) and plays normal. The loss of audio starts on the 12th clip.
As for sharing a clip, which one would you prefer? The entire video is approx. 38 1/2 minutes.
Hello all. It's been quite a while since I was last here in the forums. Not much happebuibg with me and videos. Not too sure if I should even get into this subject because it's nothing critical to what I'm trying to accomplish, which is combine various short video clips of our trips to S.E. Asia into a short video. I'm using 18 MP4 clips.
Pertinent info: I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 360Ghz, 10mb memory, 1tb hdd, Power Director 16 ver 16.0.3424.0. I haven't upgraded because I rarely do any more video stuff other than download YT music videos for the wife (she's Lao), so upgrading just wouldn't be cost effective for me. Now, to my problem.
If open my Video folder and click on any/all of the 18 clips, they play normally, using Media Player Classic.
The problem is when I import them to PD and put them on the timeline. All show audio there (see 1st atch). The first 10 play normally. When the 11th one starts, I stops immediately and reverts to Start and the error shown in atchs 2 and 3 comes up.
Searched Forums for something about this but didn't see anything I felt was the same. So, I'm kinda curious why only 1/2 of the ideos play and the rest play w/out audio.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.
Quote k. boongsong.
you've done it two different ways.

number 1.

here like optpdata has said go to the output folder, then you'll see the 1280x720 .MP4 file.

number 2.

you've created a video(VOB files) folder so that you can burn it later with programs like Power2Go or Imgburn or windows, etc...

now.
look at what optodata has said and look at his attachment(picture) so that you can locate where the EXPORT FOLDER to your .MP4 file is. it should be right of START button on the PRODUCE windows.

attach a new screen shot of the produce page(cl.jpg shows only left side) then we can tell you where the 1280x720 .MP4 file went. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks to both of you for your help.
I think it was a combination of two things that prompted my original post - 1. Problems with my computer 2. Not being familiar with the part shown in optodata's pic.
1st. I've been having problems with my computer doing some very strange things. Won't go into detail but stuff that should be on it were missing; things in my email shouldn't be there; strange fluctuations on my screen (stilll don't know if that is computer or monitor. Can't get an answer). Then, for some reason, when I went to C:\users\mycomputer\videos, there they were.
2. The area shown on optodata's post is something I've never looked at because I've never had a problem doing my projects the way I posted. I just now loaded my latest project into PD and went to Produce and looked at the Export folder. That was the reason I wasn't able to find my videos. It was exporting them to the folder shown in the atch. I do not use One Drive for anything, therefore I never thought to look there. The only strange thing is when I go to them, every link has a red x on it. No idea what that is.
Anyway, I've learned something in this exercise which is the norm on these forums. I can't tell you how much I appreciate both of your perseverance in setting me straight. To make sure this doesn't continue, I will use PepsiMan's post to mark it Solved even though optodata's post did it. Hope that's ok.
Quote Maybe a clarification will help.

PDS stands for PowerDirector Script, and it's the project file containing all the edits you've made on your timeline that tells PD how you want your finished video to look. It's not a playable format and doesn't even contain any media, so I don't know why you chose the PDS file rather than the correctly produced MP4 file when you burned your disc.

When you produce there's a setting that shows the proposed name and folder where the produced video will be created, and you can change one or both of those to make the video easier to find.

I'm also unclear on why you produced the video and then tried to create a disc. It's been many years since I burned any discs, but if you went straight to the Create Disc tab once you'd finished editing your project, PD would directly create your disc and there'd be no chance of accidentally choosing the wrong file.

Thanks optodata for your response.
I guess I wasn't to clear in my post.
First, I'm not sure what you mean by "why you chose the PDS file rather than the correctly produced MP4 file." I did not choose the PDS file. I don't even know how to do that. All I did was import the video clips from my videos folder. All the videos are MP4. Once I got them in my library, I selected all and insert on the timeline. I then edited each clips length, added chapters, saved the project, wen to Produce. What came up on the Produce window is what I showed on my oriiginal post - see in my atch. I did not change a thing in this stage - I left it as is because PD said that's what is correct. I then clicked Start. When finished,
I went to the create disc, clicked on Burn in 2D, and on the next window, I left Burn to disc and save as disc image unchecked and checked Creat a folder, gave the folder location a name and clicked burn.
After the project completed the burn, I went to my Videos folder and the project was there, with a PD icon. I right clicked on the icon and Properties and it shows it as a PDS file (PDS). (see atch).
I looked everywhere for the MP4 version - nothing. I went to Documents (that's where PD is saved), clicked on Cyberlink, Powerdirector, PD16 and when it opened, no video, not even the PDS version. The MP4 version is nowhere in my computer. Don;'t know why, never had this problem before when using Win 7.
It's obvious I did not make myself clear in my post. I did not try to create a disc. I don't want the video on disc as I have a different agenda for it and putting it on disc would be useless. I did click on Creat a disc so I could save a copy of the project in my Video folder. As far as I know, I have to go to the Create disc stage to create a file to save the project to. I there is a different way, I'm not aware of it. What I did is the way I've done it for years. Sometimes I'd check Create disc and save to file and end up with a disc and the video in my videos folder.
So, I apologize for not being a little clearer and hope this post will help clear up any misunderstanding.
Ok. Need some help here. Never had this problem before until I upgraded to Win 10. Did a search "pds not mp4". Several posts on that but all that I checked were not for my version - PD16.
Here's what I'm experiencing, actually 2 things but will only post one here - PDS videos not produced as MP4.
I made a video of approx. 21 video clips. Did all of my editing, when to Produce. When the window opened, H.264 AVC was highlighted. File ext. says MP4 and below that MPEG-4 1280 x 720/30p (16 Mbps). Selected Surround Sound/Home theater then start.
When finished, went to Create Disc, selected Create a folder - no disc. Gave the file a name - C:\Users|My HP tower\Lao music 1, then clicked Start burning.
File burned. Went to Users/HP tower\Lao musc 1 and it was there. Clicked on Properties, says PDS file (PDS).
Can anyone tell me why it didn't come out as MP4?
As for the other problem, it concerns videos from PD missisng. Will make a separate post on that.
If you need addditional info, please let me know.
Thanks
Good morning stevek.
Sorry for not mentioning my solution.
I do not know exactly what the problem was, and, I suppose I should have pursued the solution via support.
But I got to rummaging through my papers and found the CD that I ordered with the download and used that.
I apologize to everyone for not pursuing it through support but needed to use it as soon as possible and support
is not the quickest car in the race.
Again, I apologize for not doing what was necessary. Rest assured, if it happens again, I will do the right thing.
Just didn't feel like dealing with support. Also, not everybody knows download links expire after 30 days - I sure didn't know that. Takes such a long time. I've always gotten my answers on the forums here and have learned a lot from all those who have taken the time to help.
At any rate, I found the answer so I will mark this post as solved.
Thank you.
Need some help. Looking here rather than Support.
I have Power2Go 11. Just tried to open it but got the message shown in the atch.
So, went to my acct, clikced on the update link for P2G0. It downloaded and installed.
Tried to open after that and still get the same message - not activated.
When I click on OK, it closes. No way to activate it.
Next, I opened my support tickets and found I had the same problem shortly after I purchased/installed it. I was given download links for P2G and its content pack, along with a user ID and password. It all worked back then. But today, when I tried the link and ID/pw, it doesn't work. I get a small window shown in 2nd atch.
Any ideas on what I have to do to get it to work?
Thanks
Again, tried to post a reply but doesn't work.
Will try again by "reply"
Tried this morning to produce/burn my video.
After importing/editing everything, when to Produce, 264 AVC, surround sound, and a new folder in K:. Clicked Start. Rendering stopped around the 17 min+ point. Couldn't get it to start again so Cancel rendering. Back to edit. Played vide and stopped same place. Removed all chapters, back to Produce, same set-up. Produced no problems. Went to Burn, burn window opened I selected disc and file, destination a different folder in K". Clicked burn - disc too small. Back to burn window, uncheck disc, left file checked in K:. Clicked burn - file too large for destination.
Totally frustrated now. Tried several other things - no luck.
Inserted flash drive in L: - 547.2GB. Copied MP4 video from K:, clicked paste on L:. File too bid for destination.
I give up. Guess I have to take computer in for work or maybe new Win 10 upgrade software.
Will post question on MS community and see if anyone there has any ideas.
Thanks for all your interest and help.
I've been trying to post a reply to jl_jl and tomasc, but when I click Save, all I get is the rotating "donut".
Will try again later, but no good news on my project.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna call it a day for now. Wife told me @ 8:45 this morning we were going to Fresno food shopping. Got back her about 2 hours ago, so not in much of a mood for video right now. I did move all original video clips to K and imported them to PD. Did a little editing, added a photo and background music for it. I'm right now in process of editing each video length to keep the video reasonable. Got through 1st 5. Got 25 more to go.
Will jump on it tomorrow and give an update.
Thanks again. Have a good evening.

I've been trying to post an update but all I get is the rotating "donut".

It will, you don't necessarily have to move your documents folder and stuff. Keep in mind, you've operated this way for some time, and also while trying to produce video to C:, until this larger project! Just use your K: partition for all your PD video source and export area to keep it off of C: since it's marginal in size. You made a clean attempt of C: and got yourself some headroom for minor documents stuff, you said you cleaned off 16.7GB or Norten stuff and had ~10GB free prior.

In my view, you can move if you wish, but in your case it will do nothing as the volume of stuff you have is probably small, but yes, you can't use C: to store lots of stuff but you never could and it apparently was fine for you. If you download some larger video clip for PD editing to your C: downloads area, just move to K: for editing and make sure you delete from C: and you would be fine.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna call it a day for now. Wife told me @ 8:45 this morning we were going to Fresno food shopping. Got back her about 2 hours ago, so not in much of a mood for video right now. I did move all original video clips to K and imported them to PD. Did a little editing, added a photo and background music for it. I'm right now in process of editing each video length to keep the video reasonable. Got through 1st 5. Got 25 more to go.
Will jump on it tomorrow and give an update.
Thanks again. Have a good evening.

The hard disk partitions will not affect your "everything takes forever" issue. The partitioning was only to address your PD error, "Insufficient disk space to produce the video...", you now have sufficient disk space in your K: partition.

Can you post a pic of your PD timeline and media library contents for some clues? Are you by chance using shadow files?

Jeff

Thanks jl_jl.
I'm going to do as tomasc mentioned before I post a pic of the PD timeline and library.
Will be back for update

In the Produce tab, Export folder setting, did you remember to change it from the C drive that had no space to the K drive where you have lots of space. You are going to have more problems if you forget to move your Documents, Photos, and Download files to that big K drive that you created instead of allowing that C drive to be used for everything. Hope that this help a little... You may want to make the changes and try again...

Thanks tomasc for your reply.
No, doggone it. Didn't think of that. I just though if I imported from K everything would work like it's on K.
Let me do some homework and I'll be back.
Thanks

Yep. You are right. Happy wife, happy life.
All because you cared enough to help me out. Skeptical me, figured it would be so much harder. Glad I decided to jump in.
Thanks Jeff.

Well, I think I'm back to square one.
This morning I opened PD and clicked on Import media folder and the mv's that I downloaded and copied from C: videos to K:.
I then put them all on the time line, did my editing, added chapters and transitions. Had to make a couple changes and all of a sudden it starts acting like it did when I was using C: - everything takes forever and if I click the mouse, all I get is the rotarting circle and nothing I click on works. Go to Task Manager and it shows PD 17 not responding and have to click End to close PD.
Going to try one more time, but not sure what's going on.
Guess I'm going to have to have someone redo the partitions.
Just though I'd give you an update. I don't expect you to do any thing else, as you have done a lot already.
Go to: