Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloading templates
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning all.
I'm not sure what I'm about to post is appropriate for this Forum. I've been on a Microsoft Community Forum on the problem for 2 days but the only response I've received indicates the individual is not that experienced in anythng related to Cyberlink and Power Director.
I''m using PD 16, HP desktop i7, 360GHz, 10MB memory, 1TB hdd, Chrome.
Here's my delimma. I'm unable to download/install any templates into my PD.
I'm working on a short photoshow and want to use a title that is specific to funerals. I found one and when I click Download the download shows up in the download spot on the upper righr part of my browser with a downpointing arrow. When I click on it, it shows "Open" or "Save". See atch 1
If I click on Open I get a different window shown in atch 2
It won't open. If I click on Save and go to my download folder and click on it, same thing.
If I right click, what shows is Accrobat Reader and Internet Explorer. Other apps are those for documents, video player, etc. If I go the MS store, it shows Cyberlink software.
Nothing I do will open the item and install it on my PD.
I tried a different title, same thing.
I have no idea why this is happening. I used it about 3-4 days ago with no problems.
Has Cyberlink changed anything for downloading on old PDs?
[Thumb - Capture2.JPG]
 Filename
Capture2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberline 3.JPG]
 Filename
cyberline 3.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2021 09:01

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is nothing to worry about. It is a new feature in the Microsoft Edge Browser as it receives periodic updates. The latest updates give the messages you posted because the cyberlink effects extractor is not installed in the edge browser. I simply choose to save them in my designated Download folder if that message pops up. If it bothers you or is confusing then use a different browser like Chrome to avoid this.

Do what you did a year ago. Simply go to the download folder later with file explorer and double click on that .dzt file to install that title. You will notice that the .dzt file has no descriptive file name. That is just a change and it is of no concern. You can rename it to whatever you want.
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That is nothing to worry about. It is a new feature in the Microsoft Edge Browser as it receives periodic updates. The latest updates give the messages you posted because the cyberlink effects extractor is not installed in the edge browser. I simply choose to save them in my designated Download folder if that message pops up. If it bothers you or is confusing then use a different browser like Chrome to avoid this.

Do what you did a year ago. Simply go to the download folder later with file explorer and double click on that .dzt file to install that title. You will notice that the .dzt file has no descriptive file name. That is just a change and it is of no concern. You can rename it to whatever you want.

Thanks Tomasc for your response.
Well, yes it is a problem. I don't use Edge to access Cyberlink - always Chrome. Even if I save it to my download folder, it still will not open/install in PD. Everything I try I end up with the two windows shown in my original post. If I right click and "Open With", the only thing that comes up is Acrobat Reader and Internet Explorer. If I click on more apps, I get Movie, spreadsheet, MS word processor, Note pad, Paint, MPC HP, etc. If I choose MS store, 3 versions of PD show, along with something else. Don't see a need to buy anymore PD. Should work with what I have. Worked about 3-4 days ago.
Thanks for your help. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like somehow EffectsExtractor became disassociated with DZ files. See this thread for more info.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Looks like somehow EffectsExtractor became disassociated with DZ files. See this thread for more info.

Hi,

In addition to the above and just for completeness:

Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Default apps by file type

should display a complete list of file types and their current default opening apps.

Scroll through to the .dzxxx series to see if Effect Extractor is listed against them.

Attached is the list for my system for reference.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - EffectExtractor file types 3.PNG]
 Filename
EffectExtractor file types 3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

In addition to the above and just for completeness:

Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Default apps by file type

should display a complete list of file types and their current default opening apps.

Scroll through to the .dzxxx series to see if Effect Extractor is listed against them.

Attached is the list for my system for reference.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for that info.
I used your 1st link and when I opened Default apps, went to all the dz files and on the dzt app it showed Internet Explorer. I went to MS store and it showed PD 364 free version plus the other two and a couple other files.
Didn't think I wanted to download/install any because what I have should work. So, based on a suggeestion in that post you suggested, I uninstalled PD and now am in the process of re-installling it.
Will update when finished.
BTW - none of the dz apps had anythng associated with them.
The last suggestion you just made, Control Panel, Progams, default programs: This is what is there
[Thumb - apps.JPG]
 Filename
apps.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2021 15:58

boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for that info.
I used your 1st link and when I opened Default apps, went to all the dz files and on the dzt app it showed Internet Explorer. I went to MS store and it showed PD 364 free version plus the other two and a couple other files.
Didn't think I wanted to download/install any because what I have should work. So, based on a suggeestion in that post you suggested, I uninstalled PD and now am in the process of re-installling it.
Will update when finished.
BTW - none of the dz apps had anythng associated with them.
The last suggestion you just made, Control Panel, Progams, default programs: This is what is there

Let;s put this one to bed. I found the problem after reinstalling PD with no success on the download bit.
I went to Apps, Default apps, and nothing. dzt has IE. If I wanted to change that, had to go to MS store.
Clicked on Set defaults by app. Scrolled down to dzt and clicked on IE and selected Cyberlink.
Opened PD, went to templets, selected on and download. Clicked on the download link, Open and zoom - installed in PD.
Wow. A lot of time spent on this. Glad it's over.
Once again I have to "tip my hat" to you. Every time I come here with a problem, I'm treated civilly and we find the answer and I become a little smarter in the process. Proof you ain't too old to learn something new.
Phew. Glad this is over. I'll mark your last post as the answer.
Thank you very much.