Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to produce project
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]

As figured, you've got this 2TB drive, ~1863GB usuable space and 1740.53GB is unallocated so you can't use it at all. You can't easily add this unallocated space to C: with basic windows Disk Management tool as the unallocated space is not adjacent to C:.

You have several options, two discussed below:
1) Have a tech guy assist you with partition software. Partition software can easily add the unallocated space to C: even though it's not adjacent to C:. Doing this would make the space available to anything on C: like your home documents, so path C:\Users\My HP tower\Documents. You would just have one large C: area to use as you wish with PD or anything else.
2) Right click on the "Unallocated" block and choose, "New Simple Volume...". This will walk your through some dialog boxes and will by default define the largest volume, namely, 1740.53GB. It will allow you to name and define a drive letter to it, probably G: in your case. You will then have a separate drive letter G: that you can use for video or PD produced files. It is NOT part of your home area on C:. It is a separate drive letter and could be used for source video, produced video, whatever you wish and it's ~1.7TB in size. To use this in PD, in like your second posted "cyber 2.JPG" pic in the "Export folder..." location you would use the "..." button to migrate to a G:\ path. Or to always use the G: drive, in PD pref > File, change the Export folder to G:\... you can also change your Import folder if you plan on putting your source video on G: since you now have plenty of space.

What one does is really user specific and how you like things stored. Either way discussed, you will finally have access to your whole drive you bought.

Jeff

Thank you very much for this info. I'm going to print it out and take a day or two to digest it and maybe test my skills (ha). I'm not worried as I have the necessary discs to do a factory reset if I mess anythng up.
I really don't know how the C: drive got so screwed up. I'd have never known it if I hadn't decided to do a music video of one of my wife's favorite singers that suddenlly passed away last week.
Anyway, I will update this post, as I said in a day or two, when I decide what I'm going to do.
I really appreciate your help and time on this.
Have a good weekend. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]

As figured, you've got this 2TB drive, ~1863GB usuable space and 1740.53GB is unallocated so you can't use it at all. You can't easily add this unallocated space to C: with basic windows Disk Management tool as the unallocated space is not adjacent to C:.

You have several options, two discussed below:
1) Have a tech guy assist you with partition software. Partition software can easily add the unallocated space to C: even though it's not adjacent to C:. Doing this would make the space available to anything on C: like your home documents, so path C:\Users\My HP tower\Documents. You would just have one large C: area to use as you wish with PD or anything else.
2) Right click on the "Unallocated" block and choose, "New Simple Volume...". This will walk your through some dialog boxes and will by default define the largest volume, namely, 1740.53GB. It will allow you to name and define a drive letter to it, probably G: in your case. You will then have a separate drive letter G: that you can use for video or PD produced files. It is NOT part of your home area on C:. It is a separate drive letter and could be used for source video, produced video, whatever you wish and it's ~1.7TB in size. To use this in PD, in like your second posted "cyber 2.JPG" pic in the "Export folder..." location you would use the "..." button to migrate to a G:\ path. Or to always use the G: drive, in PD pref > File, change the Export folder to G:\... you can also change your Import folder if you plan on putting your source video on G: since you now have plenty of space.

What one does is really user specific and how you like things stored. Either way discussed, you will finally have access to your whole drive you bought.

Jeff

I'm back.
Couldn't wait. Printed your instructions and bingo - done. Had to use K for new partition, G already in use.
So, I took the music videos and copy/pasted them in K. Then opened PD, import media folder, clicked on K and the videos and bam! There they were. Had to try it so I clicked on Produce/Start and it started producing in 264 AVC and back to normal speed. Can't tell you how much I appreciate how much you have helped me. I always like to do things myself and when I'm not sure, look for answers or ask someone. I learned something very valuable to me today and I owe it all to you. Someday I might be enough of a "nerd" that I can figure out things like this on my own. (ain't holding my breath. Not many years left in this body)
Anyway, thank you very, very much. I always get a little smarter when I get on these forums.
Have a great weekend.
[Thumb - 70391490_477092812888318_7085577250958999552_o.jpg]
 Filename
70391490_477092812888318_7085577250958999552_o.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm back.
Couldn't wait. Printed your instructions and bingo - done. Had to use K for new partition, G already in use.
So, I took the music videos and copy/pasted them in K. Then opened PD, import media folder, clicked on K and the videos and bam! There they were. Had to try it so I clicked on Produce/Start and it started producing in 264 AVC and back to normal speed. Can't tell you how much I appreciate how much you have helped me. I always like to do things myself and when I'm not sure, look for answers or ask someone. I learned something very valuable to me today and I owe it all to you. Someday I might be enough of a "nerd" that I can figure out things like this on my own. (ain't holding my breath. Not many years left in this body)
Anyway, thank you very, very much. I always get a little smarter when I get on these forums.
Have a great weekend.

Glad you got things figured out and functional for your needs. You've got lots of space now for those wife projects, no excuse now.

Thank you for your service.

Jeff
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Glad you got things figured out and functional for your needs. You've got lots of space now for those wife projects, no excuse now.

Thank you for your service.

Jeff

Yep. You are right. Happy wife, happy life.
All because you cared enough to help me out. Skeptical me, figured it would be so much harder. Glad I decided to jump in.
Thanks Jeff. Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yep. You are right. Happy wife, happy life.
All because you cared enough to help me out. Skeptical me, figured it would be so much harder. Glad I decided to jump in.
Thanks Jeff.

Well, I think I'm back to square one.
This morning I opened PD and clicked on Import media folder and the mv's that I downloaded and copied from C: videos to K:.
I then put them all on the time line, did my editing, added chapters and transitions. Had to make a couple changes and all of a sudden it starts acting like it did when I was using C: - everything takes forever and if I click the mouse, all I get is the rotarting circle and nothing I click on works. Go to Task Manager and it shows PD 17 not responding and have to click End to close PD.
Going to try one more time, but not sure what's going on.
Guess I'm going to have to have someone redo the partitions.
Just though I'd give you an update. I don't expect you to do any thing else, as you have done a lot already. Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, I think I'm back to square one.
This morning I opened PD and clicked on Import media folder and the mv's that I downloaded and copied from C: videos to K:.
I then put them all on the time line, did my editing, added chapters and transitions. Had to make a couple changes and all of a sudden it starts acting like it did when I was using C: - everything takes forever and if I click the mouse, all I get is the rotarting circle and nothing I click on works. Go to Task Manager and it shows PD 17 not responding and have to click End to close PD.
Going to try one more time, but not sure what's going on.
Guess I'm going to have to have someone redo the partitions.
Just though I'd give you an update. I don't expect you to do any thing else, as you have done a lot already.

The hard disk partitions will not affect your "everything takes forever" issue. The partitioning was only to address your PD error, "Insufficient disk space to produce the video...", you now have sufficient disk space in your K: partition.

Can you post a pic of your PD timeline and media library contents for some clues? Are you by chance using shadow files?

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This morning I opened PD and clicked on Import media folder and the mv's that I downloaded and copied from C: videos to K:.
I then put them all on the time line, did my editing, added chapters and transitions. Had to make a couple changes and all of a sudden it starts acting like it did when I was using C: - everything takes forever and if I click the mouse, all I get is the rotarting circle and nothing I click on works.

In the Produce tab, Export folder setting, did you remember to change it from the C drive that had no space to the K drive where you have lots of space. You are going to have more problems if you forget to move your Documents, Photos, and Download files to that big K drive that you created instead of allowing that C drive to be used for everything. Hope that this help a little... You may want to make the changes and try again...
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

In the Produce tab, Export folder setting, did you remember to change it from the C drive that had no space to the K drive where you have lots of space. You are going to have more problems if you forget to move your Documents, Photos, and Download files to that big K drive that you created instead of allowing that C drive to be used for everything. Hope that this help a little... You may want to make the changes and try again...

Thanks tomasc for your reply.
No, doggone it. Didn't think of that. I just though if I imported from K everything would work like it's on K.
Let me do some homework and I'll be back.
Thanks Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

The hard disk partitions will not affect your "everything takes forever" issue. The partitioning was only to address your PD error, "Insufficient disk space to produce the video...", you now have sufficient disk space in your K: partition.

Can you post a pic of your PD timeline and media library contents for some clues? Are you by chance using shadow files?

Jeff

Thanks jl_jl.
I'm going to do as tomasc mentioned before I post a pic of the PD timeline and library.
Will be back for update Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks tomasc for your reply.
No, doggone it. Didn't think of that. I just though if I imported from K everything would work like it's on K.
Let me do some homework and I'll be back.
Thanks

It will, you don't necessarily have to move your documents folder and stuff. Keep in mind, you've operated this way for some time, and also while trying to produce video to C:, until this larger project! Just use your K: partition for all your PD video source and export area to keep it off of C: since it's marginal in size. You made a clean attempt of C: and got yourself some headroom for minor documents stuff, you said you cleaned off 16.7GB or Norten stuff and had ~10GB free prior.

In my view, you can move if you wish, but in your case it will do nothing as the volume of stuff you have is probably small, but yes, you can't use C: to store lots of stuff but you never could and it apparently was fine for you. If you download some larger video clip for PD editing to your C: downloads area, just move to K: for editing and make sure you delete from C: and you would be fine.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2020 19:29

boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

It will, you don't necessarily have to move your documents folder and stuff. Keep in mind, you've operated this way for some time, and also while trying to produce video to C:, until this larger project! Just use your K: partition for all your PD video source and export area to keep it off of C: since it's marginal in size. You made a clean attempt of C: and got yourself some headroom for minor documents stuff, you said you cleaned off 16.7GB or Norten stuff and had ~10GB free prior.

In my view, you can move if you wish, but in your case it will do nothing as the volume of stuff you have is probably small, but yes, you can't use C: to store lots of stuff but you never could and it apparently was fine for you. If you download some larger video clip for PD editing to your C: downloads area, just move to K: for editing and make sure you delete from C: and you would be fine.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna call it a day for now. Wife told me @ 8:45 this morning we were going to Fresno food shopping. Got back her about 2 hours ago, so not in much of a mood for video right now. I did move all original video clips to K and imported them to PD. Did a little editing, added a photo and background music for it. I'm right now in process of editing each video length to keep the video reasonable. Got through 1st 5. Got 25 more to go.
Will jump on it tomorrow and give an update.
Thanks again. Have a good evening. Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna call it a day for now. Wife told me @ 8:45 this morning we were going to Fresno food shopping. Got back her about 2 hours ago, so not in much of a mood for video right now. I did move all original video clips to K and imported them to PD. Did a little editing, added a photo and background music for it. I'm right now in process of editing each video length to keep the video reasonable. Got through 1st 5. Got 25 more to go.
Will jump on it tomorrow and give an update.
Thanks again. Have a good evening.

I've been trying to post an update but all I get is the rotating "donut".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2020 15:56

Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've been trying to post a reply to jl_jl and tomasc, but when I click Save, all I get is the rotating "donut".
Will try again later, but no good news on my project. Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Again, tried to post a reply but doesn't work.
Will try again by "reply"
Tried this morning to produce/burn my video.
After importing/editing everything, when to Produce, 264 AVC, surround sound, and a new folder in K:. Clicked Start. Rendering stopped around the 17 min+ point. Couldn't get it to start again so Cancel rendering. Back to edit. Played vide and stopped same place. Removed all chapters, back to Produce, same set-up. Produced no problems. Went to Burn, burn window opened I selected disc and file, destination a different folder in K". Clicked burn - disc too small. Back to burn window, uncheck disc, left file checked in K:. Clicked burn - file too large for destination.
Totally frustrated now. Tried several other things - no luck.
Inserted flash drive in L: - 547.2GB. Copied MP4 video from K:, clicked paste on L:. File too bid for destination.
I give up. Guess I have to take computer in for work or maybe new Win 10 upgrade software.
Will post question on MS community and see if anyone there has any ideas.
Thanks for all your interest and help. Jack