Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are they going to make any changes to PowerDVD13 at all now since 14 was released? Does this same issue exist with PowerDVD14? Have the resolved all the other annoyances that people have been complaining about in PowerDVD13 other than this one?

I am trying to figure out whether or not to spend money on an upgrade. PowerDVD13 was a huge disappointment.
I agree with you that this is annoying as all heck.

I posted on how horrible this is already and asked they they fix this here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31605.page
Thanks for responding.

I just copied the ISO image of Start Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan to my local hard drive. I then mounted the ISO file again to attempt to play. PowerDVD 13 still locked up, but it got just a little farther than previously. It locked up with text in blue showing "PARAMOUNT PICTURES PRESENTS".

I had to kill PowerDVD13 with task manager. I then opened my second BlueRay software player and it played the locally copied file with no issue.

As for the bar code, here is the info:

ISBN 1-4157-5052-1

0 97360 71894 2

The other BluRay I own does not have a barcode on the back at all, so I am unable to post it for that one.

Yes -- the BluRay plays with no issue when placed into the drive.
I just reproduced the issue amongst a few ISO copies I have made.

First, I created the ISO images of my BluRay movies using the latest version of Blue-Cloner 4. I then mount various ISO files that are stored on my file server using Slysoft's free Virtual Clone Drive. This mounts an ISO file to have it appear as a BluRay disc to Windows. Finally, only PowerDVD 13 has issues with a few ISO copies.

The following BluRay ISO copies cause PowerDVD to lock-up during the production title screen:

Star Trek (the 2009 remake)
Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan

The following BluRay ISO copies play with no issue with PowerDVD13:

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins

This is using the same computer.

Finally, these same ISO copies I had made play with no issue using other BluRay player software on the same computer.

Let me know if there is any more information that you need.
I am noticing an issue only with PowerDVD13 related to copies of my own Bluray movies I have made. I backup my collection to my network storage and the entire Bluray exists as an ISO file. I am noticing that some of my ISO files will not play using PowerDVD13. What typically happens is that entire program locks up and I must kill it via task manager. This happens right at the start of the movie (actually before I even get to see the actual movie -- it may lockup at the production company's title screen). I thought perhaps my ISO image was bad, but another software Bluray player played the entire file with no issue at all.

Does anyone have any ideas of why PowerDVD has issues with some of my Bluray copies? Again, I am able to play the ISO file with no issue at all using other software. PowerDVD is not cheap, so I am surprised I am running into this issue with it.

Thank you.
I just copy+pasted the above into a new ticket to Cyberlink. This is super annoying that I hope they fix soon.
This has been a recurring issue with PowerDVD 13 since it was released. Here is the issue:

I use PowerDVD to play DVD and BluRay movies only. I do not use it to play audio, because I have other software that specializes in that. The trouble is that PowerDVD forces itself as default Windows player for almost all audio files. I understand this happening on the initial install of the program; however, it does this over and over with the install of every update! Can you please stop doing this when installing updates? My configuration had already been set for file associations. Why is this being lost when I install an update?

I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Thank you.
Go to: