Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mouse wheel - Skip Forward/Backward
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Seems counterintuitive that you roll the wheel back or down to skip forward and up and forward to skip backward. ???
jamestroy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 25, 2013 09:30 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
I think you just need to press play here and you're good to go.
Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
What?

In PDVD12 you roll the mouse wheel forward/up to skip forward in the movie and roll it backwards/down to skip backwards in the movie. In PDVD12 you can also set the amount of time to skip.

In PDVD13 it’s wrong and don’t why they would change it. You roll the mouse wheel forward/up to skip backward. It’s just silly and you only have a few durations to choose from when in PDVD12 you could enter what you liked.
[Post New]
Stupid mouse wheel when i roll forward video goes backwards when i go backwards video goes forwards in powerdvd 13
Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I don’t know why on earth you would change such a thing. Other media payers do it the normal way, AS DID PowerDVD 12! Why was this changed? At least make it user configurable.
Dryne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2007 06:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Are they going to make any changes to PowerDVD13 at all now since 14 was released? Does this same issue exist with PowerDVD14? Have the resolved all the other annoyances that people have been complaining about in PowerDVD13 other than this one?

I am trying to figure out whether or not to spend money on an upgrade. PowerDVD13 was a huge disappointment.
Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I paid for 13 but am still using 12 as 13 crashes a lot for me. They list 2 or 3 updates that they say improve stability in 13 but it still crashes while 12 runs fine. I’d wait on 14 if at all. VLC media player is free, smaller, runs faster, never crashes and plays more file types and don’t install a bunch of stuff you don’t want but can’t play HD audio yet.
Richard2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I saw a post about 14 and it still has the Mouse wheel backwards.