Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please Stop Stealing File Associations When Installing Updates
Dryne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2007 06:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
This has been a recurring issue with PowerDVD 13 since it was released. Here is the issue:

I use PowerDVD to play DVD and BluRay movies only. I do not use it to play audio, because I have other software that specializes in that. The trouble is that PowerDVD forces itself as default Windows player for almost all audio files. I understand this happening on the initial install of the program; however, it does this over and over with the install of every update! Can you please stop doing this when installing updates? My configuration had already been set for file associations. Why is this being lost when I install an update?

I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Thank you.
Dryne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2007 06:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I just copy+pasted the above into a new ticket to Cyberlink. This is super annoying that I hope they fix soon.