Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 - Slideshow. Duration of photos on screen
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to change the duration that photos appear on screen in the automatic slideshow feature.

Produces some impressive & easy results but would be good to alter the duration that photos appear for as all the pre-set ones seem quite fast.

Also; are there any other slideshow templates in existance / coming in the future that anyone knows about? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not currently, the only option is to "produce" that section to a file and then bring the produced file back into your project. Then you can change the speed of the clip to slow things down. Not a very satisfying solution but hopefully CL got the message clear.

Refer to http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3210.page

I've also seen that it will use pictures more than once at times. I'm also having issues with expand slideshow expanding more slides than I had in the slideshow to begin with, it expands the slides that it used more than once perhaps and puts those in the timeline as well. It also appears that if one selects timeline order it appears to change the order in some fashion with the slides are expanded. I have not got to the bottom of this with a simple bullet list to see if someone else can replicate the problems as it appears more prevalent when one starts with a pds file from PD6.

Jeff
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

Jeff is absolutely correct and I concur with all his observations, images being shown more times than in the timeline, order being changed etc: I have also noted that different slideshow formats give different results.

Issues with the slideshow have been reported to R & D by Dafydd, whether or not these issues will have been corrected in the next build we will just have to wait and see.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Ok Thanks; will see what the next build brings!

Will try the other suggestions as well in the meantime.

Thanks for your help Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
I have a feeling that PD7 was pushed a wee bit too soon into the market without a going over. For example you cant split the audio in overlay track, You cant switch clips between maintrack and overlay track after it get laid on one of them. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a feeling that PD7 was pushed a wee bit too soon into the market without a going over. For example you cant split the audio in overlay track, You cant switch clips between maintrack and overlay track after it get laid on one of them.

Hi,
You are wrong in a number of points. The audio can be split in the overlayed PiP video and in the audio time-lines. Audio that has been extracted from the video in the media library can be split when placed in any of the tracks. You can also switch (move video by click and drag) between any of the PiP overlays and switch (click and drag) between audio tracks. The ONLY fixed time-line is the main VIDEO only time-line.

Video has never been able to move between the main time-line and a PiP track... even though I'd like it to and have suggested such.

I would have liked to have seen PD7 more prepared before release and I'm sure the lessons have been learnt.

Please continue to make a contribution to the forum Babdi (I know you will), I don't want to put you off by correcting your slip-ups here.

Dafydd

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jun 24. 2008 15:45