Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Build 1714 - Vista problems?
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I had a number of problems downloading PD7 build 1714 so was sent a CD with it on by Cyberlink support, who have been very helpful.

Having tried to install it on my Acer laptop / Windows Vista I got the following two error messages (see below) basically at the start of the installation process. It had unpacked etc and asked which region / language then started the installation process but the errors appear before any progress on the progress bar. I have seen these error messages previously with PD7 files I had downloaded from Cyberlink.

However; tried the same disc in an old Pentium 4 with XP and it worked fine; installs and runs with no problem. This computer had never had any version of PD on it before; which may have some relevance as I have found it never uninstalls well??

Has anyone found it installs with XP but has had a problem with Vista? (note build 1628 installs & runs fine on my Vista laptop)

Any suggestions gratefully received; I have sent the same information to Cyberlink support so will await to hear from them as well.

Don't seem to be able to post with attachments so this is the content of the error messages

Powerdirector Error
Error 1334. The file
'_95472C78B1A2243D9FB3A23A7DB8BC65'
cannot be installed because the file
cannot be found in cabinet file
'Data1.cab' This could indicate a
network error, an error reading from the
CD Rom or a problem with this package.

Press 'OK' to get rid of this; followed by;

Feature Transfer Error
Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm)
or MSDN for more information

Press 'OK' the installation program quits

I have looked up the two
error codes on the internet and both
appear to be registry errors? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

You are trying to install as an Administrator, if not, this could be the cause of your problem.

Have you sent the above information to Technical Support for advice, if not, do so.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert;

Thanks for your response.

I am installing as the Adminstrator (in fact the only account on the computer as I am the only user) I did just check through the control panel to be sure. Was not sure from your reply if that was good or bad! Could you confirm please!

I have sent the same information to Cyberlink Customer Support; a direct contact who Dafydd got to contact me when I was having problems downloading the file; though it now looks like some of the problems I was experiencing are to do with this particular system.

Regards

Ed Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I was advised 2 fresh processes by Cyberlink Customer support

Install Microsoft cleanup tool and remove PowerDirector listing

Remove PD folder & clean up registry; which I had done before; but with hidden files shown which I had not.

Found file date 18.05 which is when I had started having problems which was still hidden in the system

Not sure which of the above processes did the trick but all up and running on 1714 now

Cyberlink Support are very good; with prompt response and good advice : Director Suite 365
24GB Memory