Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 - Select video title still when on YouTube etc
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to select which part of a film is used as the title shot 'still' when displayed on YouTube etc - seems to be fairly random - would be good to be able to choose something which represents the film! Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
Quote: Is it possible to select which part of a film is used as the title shot 'still' when displayed on YouTube etc - seems to be fairly random - would be good to be able to choose something which represents the film!

I've made 13 vids for YouTube and THEY give you a choice of three shots from your own vid. You will pick one of those.

Go to Your Account
My Videos
Edit Video Info (link on the right of the page)

Your very first edit area will show you 3 "stills" and you choose which one you want to be your Title Shot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2008 14:30

Regards,
Genie
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Hi; thanks;

I have seen that; it still appears to be a 'random' selection - for example some mid point of text appearing on bits which have titles etc; it would be good to actually be able to nominate a frame or still? Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
[Post New]
Quote: Hi; thanks;

I have seen that; it still appears to be a 'random' selection - for example some mid point of text appearing on bits which have titles etc; it would be good to actually be able to nominate a frame or still?

I am sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.
Regards,
Genie
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The options that they give you are totally random - the three options in the particular one I looked at where

1) Very distant shot which could not make any detail out
2) A section of video with the titles half appearing on the screen; so not a complete title
3) Another random still which did not represent the subject of the film well

Ideally I wanted a still from the title sequence which illustrates well what the film is about Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
[Post New]
Quote: The options that they give you are totally random - the three options in the particular one I looked at where

1) Very distant shot which could not make any detail out
2) A section of video with the titles half appearing on the screen; so not a complete title
3) Another random still which did not represent the subject of the film well

Ideally I wanted a still from the title sequence which illustrates well what the film is about

Ok, I know what you mean now. I thought you were talking about the video I just made and left the link to. But you are replying to the Title image for your video. I've never liked any of the random pics that they have given me. I don't see any way around it though. I am sure the other million vids all have the same problem. It would be nice if they could give you the ability to upload a small image to be the Title shot. Unfortunately, you are in the same boat as everyone else. Regards,
Genie
Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK Thanks Director Suite 365
24GB Memory