Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi; thanks for the advice; re-installation certainly worked; however see my post in 'PowerDirector crashes when altering DVD menus'

I have not been able to install 1714; though have managed to re-install 1628 with PhotoNow working; so an improvement.

I have been in contact with Cyberlink about the 1714 download; at one stage I was starting to think was a system problem but as 1628 installed OK think it must be a problem with their 1714 files; or at least the ones I have been linked to? Will see what they say.

Though 1714 is obviously working for some people?
I have not had any reliable links for downloading 1714 as yet; Cyperlink have provided several and each time they have been corrupted in a different way. One ran into the installation program then crashed;

When attempting to install the new
download; get the following;

Powerdirector Error
Error 1334. The file
'_95472C78B1A2243D9FB3A23A7DB8BC65'
cannot be installed because the file
cannot be found in cabinet file
'Data1.cab' This could indicate a
network error, an error reading from the
CD Rom or a problem with this package.

Press 'OK' to get rid of this; followed by;

Feature Transfer Error
Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm)
or MSDN for more information

Press 'OK' the installation program quits

The other one crashed as it was un-packing

In the meantime I have re-installed 1628 to be going on with!
Should PhotoNow be included in PD7?

When I press the 'Edit Image' button I get;

'Failed to launch PhotoNow! Please re-install the PhotoNow! program'

Am I missing something?
I am surprised at the unevenness of the playback when reviewing footage - very jumpy on my computer with the picture lagging behind the audio etc.

Is this normal?

Makes it very difficult to review fades between clips / how effects will look etc.

I have a reasonably up to date (less than 6mths) Acer laptop with AMD Turion 64 x 2 processer & 2gb ram.

Anyone else had this problem?
Using PD 7 build 1628 I have had problems with the programme crashing when attempting to alter the DVD menus; it just stops working and closes before I get to the stage of burning a disc.

Anyone else found this?
Go to: