Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am trying that right now. Hey, that worked!!! Thanks for the advice! Thought it would be something simple.
Hi,

I just installed the latest patch and now I have a problem is smart sound, but I found a work around until the problem is fixed.

Problem: when I first start the pd10 and use recent to bring up a project that has smart sound in it, I get an error that I do not have the smart sound file. If I check smart sound at that point, there are not song in it at all and it has delected the smart sound track out of my project.

Work Around: Start PD10, and launch smart sound on an empty project. Then load your project and it works.

Any information on a permenate fix to this problem would be appreciated.
I added the sixcube process via pdtoots to a video. Looked great in preview, but ever time I tried to view the video is have to render those section, not a big deal. However if I can to make an MPG4 video from it PD errors out whenever it reaches the text effect with the message "can't generate cache file." If I take those out the video generates fine.

What is this message telling me and how to I get around the problem. I really like this effect and want to you it more.
I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks.
You installed the entire driver set from the control panel? I was a little nervous to do that.
Ok, who can tell me with an "Accellerated Transponder" is? I unstalled the ADM driver for this (which loads in a DOS window on boot up) and now my PD10 problem is fixed. However, what the heck is this thing and do I actually need it for something else?

Can one of you smart video guru types enlighten me?
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the advice. I just read another thread with people getting the same error after update to AMD Catalyst 12.4, which I did. They all rolled back to 12.3. My rollback was to version 11.8 (which worked originally). However, I still have the same problem.

If I do what you suggest, do I have to inlay PD9 first and then, update to PD10 since I purchased the upgrade?
I fell into this same trap. I updated to 12.4, I'm getting the error on producing any HD video format, rolled back to 11.8 (what originally worked), still doesn't work. Restored windows to before the update, still doesn't work, AMD only offers 12.4 on the web-site. AHHHHHH

I need this to work.

Any ideas?
I tried rolling back the display and restored the operating system to the last time it worked. To no eval. Same problem. This is going to be a problem fast since I'm on a deadline.

Any other ideas? Would calling Tech Support be worth it at all?
Just tried it. Same results.
Well, everything was going along great, until today. I need to make a small change to a video I've already rendered as an MP4. And, I've done lots of these.

However, now when ever I try to render as an MP4 or a AVC I instantly get the message "Error Making Movie". AVI, MOV, MP2 or any other render type works fine. It's only those two types.

I did recently upgrade my video driver a AMD 5700 from the compay web-site. Is this the problem? I did this when I loaded the game Diablo onto my system and it said I didn't have the latest driver.

I need to finish these videos soon. Any help you be greatly appreciated.
Well, with a few setting tweaks I have V10 running pretty well. LOVE the speed improvement and some of the new features are great. I also like a few of the more subtle interface tweaks. All-in-all things are going pretty well. I did find a program incompatability problem with a game program called Civilation V. If you play the game and then use PD crashes are MUCH more frequent. Not sure why, but anyone who plays that game should reboot the computer before starting PD. Probably a problem with a memory leak in the game.

Had one odd thing happen today though and wondered if anyone could shead some light on it. Yesterday I produced 20 tips videos and had no problems. Today I have one video that when it was being rendered the preview screen freezes up at 58% and the rendering stops at 66% everytime. I finally rendered the first have of the video and them joined the second half of the project to the first half render video. This rendered fine. The transition was a little funky with that solution, but I can live with that. Not a lot going on with this video to speak of. The clip in question (that it was freezing on) is off-center and green screened, but I do that all the time. Before that clip there is a pip of a short clip with a transformation (which I do all the time) and a few fade transitions. No rocket science there. All the clips are HD video.

Anyone experience this before and if so have a solution should I encounter a similar problem in the future?
Hi,

I just upgraded to PD10 and I'm having some problems. When I edit videos originally done in 9, PD10 crashes a lot. I have hear that 10 and 9 can live together, but when I installed 10 it erased all tracing of 9. I would like to have 9 available to editing 9 version files. What is the best way to get 9 back without cause 10 any problems?
I actually thought that the titler was far supperior to all the products I tested in this price range and one of the main reason I choose it over the Corel product.
I didn't read the entire thread (most of the first pate), but I have to say that when I first got the program (I'm still using PD9) I was feeling like the thread starter. I crashed all the time and I thought I had wasted my money. Thanks to people here and in the other forum I got upgraded to the lastest version and changed a number of program acceleration setting that solved most of the problems. I still get odd bugs now and then like the one I had the other day were a fade vanished when direct uploading to youTube but was fine when outputting to a file. I can work around most of those types of things.

I love the PD features, but I have to agree that PD is a bit unstable and has a high learning curve. It's really a power user's program. I would recommend it for people just trimming videos of the kid's football games.

The Corel editor is far more stable and easy to use, but lacks a number of the features I want especially in the titler.

So my take is I can live with having to restart the program now and then and little odd things in order to get the features I want. But, there was a point were I felt like the thread starter too.

If CL really want to get serious about there market share, they need to bring in a management team that will get serious about stability and get the answers to people problems when first using the program. Then I think a more streamline user interface would be a good idea.

I intend to continue to use PD, but I hope it will be getting better.

I was going to upgrade to version 10, but I just bought it 2 months ago for $95 and not they was $60 to upgrade it. I think I'll wait for version 11.
Go to: