Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very disappointed
alketa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2011 02:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
THIS IS VERY BUGGY SOFTWARE, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FOOL I WAS AND PURCHASE THIS SOFTWARE, BY READING OTHER REVIEWS ON SOME WEBSITE, I BET THEY ARE CYBERLINK WORKERS..

1- TECH SUPPORT DON'T EXIST DHEY JUST PLAYING WITH ME OVER AND OVER, SAME THING ( OLD GRAPHIC DRIVER UP DATE DIRECTX )

I HAVE UPDATE ALL GRAPHIC DRIVER FROM NVIDIA "NEW VERSION IS 285.62" DIRECTX FROM MICROSOFT"..

MY PC IS:
HP
i7 2600k ( 2 GENERATION 3.4GHz (3.8GHz TURBO BOOST)
8GB DDR3 MEMORY
NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 ( 2GB MEMORY )
DIRECTX11

MY PROBLEM:
EVERY TIME WHEN I HAVE TO EDIT "MTS OR AVCHD" FILE THIS SOFT CRASH, SOME TIME NOT, AND WHEN I PRODUCE TO "MPEG-2" QUALITY IS VERY POOR AND TO MANY FLICKS AND WASHED-OUT COLORS..
I HAVE TRIED TO MANY DIFFERENT SETTINGS NO LUCK
UPDARE PACH VERSION AND STILL THE SAME...

I HAVE ANOTHER SOFTWARE AND HAVE NO PROBLEM ON THOSE BUT THAT SOFT IS NOT THAT EASY TO EDIT NEED SOME TIME TO CREATE MOVIE.
BUT I THOUGHT THIS WILL BE BETTER AND EASY WITH 3 KIDS MOVING AROUNG IN HOUSE I WAS WRONG..

I PURCHASED THIS SOFTWARE ON "DOWNLOADCREW..COM" FULL... DID SOMEONE KNOW WHICH I HAVE TO CONTACT AND ASK FOR MONEY BACK, BEFORE CALLING CREDIT CARD COMPANY DISPUTING THIS PAYMENT..

I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T MAKE SAME MISTAKE I DID

THANK YOU
ALKETA.ND

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 16:41

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to recommend that this user be banned from using this forum for screaming on purpose. Obviously the person knows how to turn the caps key on and off by the way the title and user name are typed. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
alketa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I would like to recommend that this user be banned from using this forum for screaming on purpose. Obviously the person knows how to turn the caps key on and off by the way the title and user name are typed.

I'M NOT SCREAMING BUT I'M DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COMPANY WITH NO HELP AND JOKE TECH SUPPORT..
SAME EMAILS LAST THREE DAYS

SO Xerox WHAT DO OU THING IF U ARE IN MY POSITION

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 17:07

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Well my question is.....

Do you just want your money back........ OR do you want to know why you are having problems and want to see if your issue can be fixed. No one in here can help you with getting your money back....

NO ONE in here works for Cyberlink....... Cyberlink never looks in here... yes their customer service sucks and has always sucked... like almost all other customer support that dole out the support to other countries who know nothing about the software they are talking about and only have pre determined canned answers.... which never apply....

AND most of us have been using Power Director for years......

Most problems are actually caused by your computer not having correct settings, updates, and other things as simple as not having a current version of Quicktime....

If so go here and see what type of information we need and how to get it to us...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Xerox.....

Some people do not "know" that caps means screaming.... also some people I have worked with for years only use caps in their reports and stuff.... it only bothers you if you let it, otherwise its just the same old text....

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 20:04

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Alketa what makes you think that your problem is being experienced by everybody else? if you don't think that then are you prepared to accept that maybe, just maybe, your system or setup is causing the problems.

I certainly have no problem with the program and those type of files, so if you would like to get peer to peer help, detail your problems as explained in the sticky and the very tallented editors here will try to assist yoy

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
[Post New]
Ok..screaming or not..let's see if we can answer ALKETA.

1. The purchased version is NOT the most recent. Go to the top of this page and choose DOWNLOADS,UPDATES..then navigate to the Powerdirector Category and get the latest patch release.

2. If you want better answers, go to the following link and give us the DXDIAG file in PART B as it will help us "SEE" your computer better.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

3. I edit MTS and AVCHD files all the time with the software, so let's look at your DXDIAG file to see if we find a reason there, PLEASE!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 19:39

Steve2242 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arizona Joined: Sep 09, 2008 11:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
greased on my machine. Maybe your system is the problem. Frankly, after selling systems and doing all the warranty repairs for Staples...........well HP can be some junky stuff.
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
xerox
it is not that he is screaming it is just that he is so frustrated with this program. try and look at it from Alketa point of view ,
his point, (DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COMPANY WITH NO HELP AND JOKE TECH SUPPORT )
I for one would second that, he is not alone,

NO one seems to be allowed to say anything NEGATIVE about PD ON THESE FORUMS, what is wrong with you people
if the program is not fit for purpose,
he has a right to complain gripe WHATEVER.

if more people were allowed to freely express their opinions we might get something DONE

NOW that I have writen the above I expect the forum regulars to moan about this post people are good at saying he should be banned or she should be banned, for expressing an opinion,

( Xerox wrote:I would like to recommend that this user be banned from using this forum for screaming on purpose. Obviously the person knows how to turn the caps key on and off by the way the title and user name are typed.)

WHAT RIGHT DO U HAVE FOR ASKING THAT SOMEONE BE BANNED FOR USING caps Yes I'm SHOUTING AT U
with frustration.
Now u can ask that I be banned toooooo for daring to use caps why don't we just have u on the forum Xerox

thats what happens if you say something NEGATIVE ABOUT PD10
I do Expect my post to be removed because I have dared to speck the truth
I get fed up with forum DO GOODERS who say nothing constructive
I have moaned a lot on this forum, more than most but it was construtive moaning, again that is my opinion
also people complain if a word is spelt wrong, or using caps, or say ANYTHING negative about PD
we are not all English Grduates
Oh and sorry about the speeeling mistakessss

TOMTHUMB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 21:21

Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
TomThumb777, firstly drop the Koala Bear they have way more sense than you ar showing here!

Secondly a man of your maturity and experience should recognise how consumers lack knowledge and understanding in matters of this nature, you type here like you spent you commercial life as a gardner.

It is known forum etiquette that you don't yell at people especially people that are trying to help and typing in caps is the way you yell at people, we don't know if the OP has some problem that he can only use caps for either medical or mental reasons.

And it has been said many times before that Cyberlink are known not to read these forums therefore it is no bloody good to complain here! but if you want help then there are many here that provide that and FREE of charge.

David

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2011 21:32

Windows 7 X64 SP1
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys, you've missed the opportunity to ask the user the usual questions that we ask when they obviously have an issue. (His PC ha splenty of punch for PD10) so let's not get off track.

Alketa, please go to the top of the first page of this forum and follow the recommended instructions. We can probably help if you are willing to partake. We are all users. I for one have excellent results with PD10. So let's start over. Win 10, i7
Tomas G77
[Post New]
djmorgan
Your statement just proves my point: you are good at criticising nothing constructive in your
Statement whatsoever
(We don't know if the OP has some problem) I don’t think it is him that has the problem!!!!!!!!
Tomthumb
Thomas G
djmorgan
[Post New]
Quote: djmorgan
Your statement just proves my point: you are good at criticising nothing constructive in your
Statement whatsoever
(We don't know if the OP has some problem) I don’t think it is him that has the problem!!!!!!!!
Tomthumb

Don't you realise that YOUR post was a criticism and had nothing constructive in it! so you are what you say we are.

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey guys, you've missed the opportunity to ask the user the usual questions that we ask when they obviously have an issue. (His PC ha splenty of punch for PD10) so let's not get off track.

Could not agree more with your recommendation.

The wish to bann people because they have an issue is no solution at all. Kind regards,
Wolfgang
alketa [Avatar]
[Post New]
HERE IS FOR U GUYS MY "DxDiag.TXT" 32&64BIT + SOFT SERIAL #..
SAME THING I SENT TO THE TECH SUPPORT..

E-MAIL OR FREE TECH SUPPORT IS A JOKE U NEVER GET HELP FROM THEM, I DON'T KNOW PAID SUPPORT, I'M NOT GOING TO.

THANK U GUYS FOR YOUR HELP HERE...
 Filename
DxDiag.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
342 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
172 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)
Tomas G77
[Post New]
DJMorgan

im always suprised that people who can only speak one language (english) complain about spelling and using caps on the internet and think that makes them superior. i speak 5 languages... more or less

Tomthumb Thomas G
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Tomthumb777,
You have overstepped the mark and failing to abide by the guidelines of this forum. You are aware of these guidelines I'm told.

I am considering removing your posts (and any other) from this thread, in a way censoring the thread, but in reality your posts are just fuelling antipathy and discourse and are an unnecessary distraction.

Lower case should be used, forum etiquette applies. Higher case is classified as shouting.

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2011 07:19

Tomas G77
[Post New]
everyone should be treated the same including morgan whom was not very polite in his remarks shouting someone should be banned, and various other remarks he made which i found offensive, read his post we are not all great at spelling and we don't all have spell checkers.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as the mod u can do what u want,
just be FAIR about what u do there should be no favouritisme you no what i mean.
Tomthumb Thomas G
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
TomThumb777,
I try to be fair in my approach and as you can see by what I wrote "and any other". I take into consideration, participation, contribution, previous posts and content.

FYI, DJMorgan did NOT call for a member to be banned, he pointed out the correct forum etiquette albeit a bit fedup and direct!

Spell checkers are available as browser additions - very useful to have and use. I'm surprised you haven't got one in operation.

All,
This thread has been sidetracked by some posts. If you can help by answering the issue, stay, if not leave and allow other editors/members the time and opportunity to participate without unnecessary tangential issues appearing here.

Forum Moderator.

Quote: everyone should be treated the same including morgan whom was not very polite in his remarks shouting someone should be banned, and various other remarks he made which i found offensive, read his post we are not all great at spelling and we don't all have spell checkers.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as the mod u can do what u want,
just be FAIR about what u do there should be no favouritisme you no what i mean.
Tomthumb

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 14. 2011 08:43

cSuttle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2011 14:14 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't read the entire thread (most of the first pate), but I have to say that when I first got the program (I'm still using PD9) I was feeling like the thread starter. I crashed all the time and I thought I had wasted my money. Thanks to people here and in the other forum I got upgraded to the lastest version and changed a number of program acceleration setting that solved most of the problems. I still get odd bugs now and then like the one I had the other day were a fade vanished when direct uploading to youTube but was fine when outputting to a file. I can work around most of those types of things.

I love the PD features, but I have to agree that PD is a bit unstable and has a high learning curve. It's really a power user's program. I would recommend it for people just trimming videos of the kid's football games.

The Corel editor is far more stable and easy to use, but lacks a number of the features I want especially in the titler.

So my take is I can live with having to restart the program now and then and little odd things in order to get the features I want. But, there was a point were I felt like the thread starter too.

If CL really want to get serious about there market share, they need to bring in a management team that will get serious about stability and get the answers to people problems when first using the program. Then I think a more streamline user interface would be a good idea.

I intend to continue to use PD, but I hope it will be getting better.

I was going to upgrade to version 10, but I just bought it 2 months ago for $95 and not they was $60 to upgrade it. I think I'll wait for version 11.
Attacking Mid
Newbie Location: Colorado Joined: Jun 06, 2011 21:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have to say, as a new user of just over a month, I'm quite pleased with PD10. I'm a relative newbie to video editing, having only used Windows Movie Maker on XP machines previously. After lurking on PD9 and PD10 forums until I upgraded to capable hardware, I was leery about buying PD10 and potentially having lots of problems. On the contrary, I've had only a couple of slight, non-recurring glitches, and I've found the learning curve to be fairly easy and intuitive.

So far, my focus has been on HS soccer videos and putting together a highlight video for my son's college recruiting efforts. I've had to trim dozens of clips down, create titles, add slow-motion, overlay music, and overlay subtitles. I was able to figure it all out without consulting any documentation, and it's really nice having reasonable flexibility in how you want it to appear.

I just wanted to add my $0.02 for anyone who might be as concerned as I was after lurking on this forum. If you have capable hardware, I think you'll find this program fun and effective to use.

Am. Videographer of grass and sky.... and a bit of youth soccer when I hold the camera level!