Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need Help
cSuttle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2011 14:14 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Well, everything was going along great, until today. I need to make a small change to a video I've already rendered as an MP4. And, I've done lots of these.

However, now when ever I try to render as an MP4 or a AVC I instantly get the message "Error Making Movie". AVI, MOV, MP2 or any other render type works fine. It's only those two types.

I did recently upgrade my video driver a AMD 5700 from the compay web-site. Is this the problem? I did this when I loaded the game Diablo onto my system and it said I didn't have the latest driver.

I need to finish these videos soon. Any help you be greatly appreciated.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

Have you tried producing with Hardware Acceleration turned off?

Not being an AMD user, I have no direct experience of the recent drivers for your GPU. Your issue does seem to point to that recent installation.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cSuttle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just tried it. Same results.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Try rolling back your display driver to a previous version. That would help determine whether the latest dricver is causing the problem.

Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters (► expand)
Right click on GPU > Properties > Driver > Roll Back Driver
- reinstall later if it turns out NOT to be the problem

Just clutching at straws with not much information.

Cheers - Tony
cSuttle [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried rolling back the display and restored the operating system to the last time it worked. To no eval. Same problem. This is going to be a problem fast since I'm on a deadline.

Any other ideas? Would calling Tech Support be worth it at all?
ynotfish
[Post New]
Sorry none of the above has helped. If you're on a deadline, I'd suggest Tech Support is NOT the way to go.

1. Grab hold of Revo Uninstaller (the free version) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

2. Use it to uninstall PD completely, with a moderate level registry scan. After that, reboot & reinstall PD. It's not necessary to uninstall the content packs, quicktracks & wave editor.

3. After reinstalling, downloand install the latest QuickTime... http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

4. After re-activating PD, open your project & try to complete the production.

5. Download & install the latest 1703 patch... http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

Might seem a bit drastic, but I'm just thinking about your deadline. Many hours of troubleshooting or a few minutes to a clean slate.

Cheers - Tony

cSuttle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the advice. I just read another thread with people getting the same error after update to AMD Catalyst 12.4, which I did. They all rolled back to 12.3. My rollback was to version 11.8 (which worked originally). However, I still have the same problem.

If I do what you suggest, do I have to inlay PD9 first and then, update to PD10 since I purchased the upgrade?
ynotfish
[Post New]
Yes - you're right - since it's an upgrade version

After uninstall - reinstall PD9, activate, then do the upgrade to PD10.