Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very disappointed
Attacking Mid
Newbie Location: Colorado Joined: Jun 06, 2011 21:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have to say, as a new user of just over a month, I'm quite pleased with PD10. I'm a relative newbie to video editing, having only used Windows Movie Maker on XP machines previously. After lurking on PD9 and PD10 forums until I upgraded to capable hardware, I was leery about buying PD10 and potentially having lots of problems. On the contrary, I've had only a couple of slight, non-recurring glitches, and I've found the learning curve to be fairly easy and intuitive.

So far, my focus has been on HS soccer videos and putting together a highlight video for my son's college recruiting efforts. I've had to trim dozens of clips down, create titles, add slow-motion, overlay music, and overlay subtitles. I was able to figure it all out without consulting any documentation, and it's really nice having reasonable flexibility in how you want it to appear.

I just wanted to add my $0.02 for anyone who might be as concerned as I was after lurking on this forum. If you have capable hardware, I think you'll find this program fun and effective to use.

Am. Videographer of grass and sky.... and a bit of youth soccer when I hold the camera level!
fsgregs1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2011 17:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tried the trial version. It had a major flaw in its Text function, which is vital for making videos. There is no phone # for tech support unless you pay $30 (beware anyone who charges their customers a huge fee for tech support). I emailed tech support about the problem and also got a canned reply, telling me to upgrade my video card. I emailed them again, and this time, got another canned reply about printing out a DirectX diagnostic. I emailed them a 3rd time and got no further response. I then emailed their U.S. sales office in CA, and was completely ignored also. Note that I had not even purchased the product yet, and already, there is NO useful sales or tech support, and no phone # to call.

From my perspective, the product may have some good features but some of them are buggy, and since the company took no effort to address the problem or work it out with me, I cannot use this product for any video projects I have. The company clearly has no interest in servicing customer problems and is not a product supplier anyone should be willing to buy from.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frank,
You have the trial for PD10 and are currently testing it on your system, right?
1. You state: "It had a major flaw in its Text function, which is vital for making videos."
If you posted on this forum the issue as a NEW topic, there are many video editors here ready to assist you, freely giving their time.
2. I am glad that CyberLink charge a small fee of $30 for those who need verbal support. Those who don't need the support don't have to pay for a higher priced product! Not every country has the $30 support option.
3. I don't know in what form you were asking your questions or the actual content of the replies. If you'd visited the Sticky messages at the beginning of this forum you'll see a number of guides, asking for some basic information.

If you'd care to elaborate on your "Title issue" under a NEW Topic heading, I'm sure you'll get answered. Please check out Search and see if the matter has been reported already.

Thank you for reading my post.

Dafydd

Guide info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Do's and don'ts: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page
PD10 Video tutorials and many other links: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19405.page
cSuttle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2011 14:14 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I actually thought that the titler was far supperior to all the products I tested in this price range and one of the main reason I choose it over the Corel product.
JUSTIN 77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2011 11:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello can anyone help me please, i recently purchased PD 10 as first time user - i got the first video up and uploaded on you tube and now the thing just sticks in the edit room if it is 30 second video - it keeps crashing - it is mostly a blank screen when i try to render and when i can finally render a 30 sec clip after 30 attempts - it finally uploads and is out of sync with people and music compeletlty - am desperate any help would be great - i tried hardware acceleration in settings and it does not let me change or check anything - please someone help
[Post New]
JUSTIN77;
We can help, but post your DXDIAG and PD Version PLEASE!!
See link below and do PART A and PART B:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
[Post New]
Bickering has no place here. Lets get to the problem solving instead.

I agree that the support from CyberLink sucks. They probably have all stock answers and just send one out that seems to have something to do with the problem. You have much better luck in the forum.

My version of PD9 had all sorts of problems, constantly crashing. I upgraded to PD10 and have produced or processed about 15 videos since then. Some over an hour long. I have not crashed once. I am totally happy with PD10. Have no idea why 9 was so bad on my maching and 10 works perfectly.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This thread is poorly named, and is now just a bunch of rants and mis-placed questions. It's a mess.
Please, if you have an issue, start a properly named thread, or add to one already in place. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
DanielaJ
Newbie Location: Central Texas Joined: Mar 08, 2011 13:05 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I am a bit confused here. I though that this forum is meant to help one another to use Cyberlink Products to the best of their and the user's abilities. None of us here have created any of their software (as far as I know, yes?) so, none of us is responsible for their basic abilities or lack-there-off. Therefore I don't believe that ranting and raving about negative aspects helps anybody at all.
I have no clue how well - or not - Cyberlink responds to user complaints (and I am sure that some are indeed valid) and I don't know if they take them into consideration when working on their product's next versions or not. But it seems to me that I have a choice: When trying out a product, or purchasing it, and I am not happy with it and the issues can not be resolved (inspite of the really REALLY great help so many members, especially the more experienced ones, in this forum are offering for FREE, mind you), then I simply don't use it anymore and try another one instead.

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech or the basic right to express our opinions one way or another. I simply believe that this is the wrong place to do so, as complaints without trying to find a solution do not help others at all to use the products they have chosen to use and b) helpful answers in the same threat as specific or general complaints get lost.

I am not anyone special in this forum, but I do know about forum-etiquette as I am an admin in other(s) that share the same goal as this one, and that is to help one another in a positive way.