Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Dafydd,
I found that PD4 Express worked fine. I had used YouTube2DVD to generate mpeg files from Beyond the Fringe and Goon Show clips.
Dick
PD5.00.1816 Premium, 3035 MB SP DVD video consisting of 12 clips, 12 titles and chapters, 11 transitions, 12 non-animated menu buttons, create DVD folder, gets to 90% "Burning Progress" showing "Producing Titles" (what ever that means) with cpu usage 90-99% then PDR.exe process goes down to 0% cpu usage and program hangs there and cannot be accessed via cancel button on burning progress drop down.
Preview works fine prior to "burning" to create DVD folder.
Dick
Thank you Dafydd,
Thats exactly the advice I wanted.
Dick
Dafydd, in order to attract your attention I am re-phrasing my earlier Variable Bit Rate inquiry.
I have captured some 9.7GB of video at "HQ" even though only some 1.5 GB of the total has much movement. I want to edit, title, set chapters and a menu and still burn the result to a single layer DVD.
Should I re-capture the clips from the minDV tape using different preferences for the little motion part and fast motion part?
Or, can I use the presently captured clips and re=sample the little motion parts at a lower bit rate to stay under 4.38GB?
Dick
I have some 3 hrs of mpeg2 video clips captured from a Sony TRV950. Most of it is a discussion with little motion the audio being the important part, about 20 mins is a yacht race where I would like full resolution without compression artifacts. Can PD5 accomplish this or should I use DVD Shrink after rendering to HD at HQ?
Dafydd,
I notice that several folders such as C:\Documents and Settings\Richard Lane\Application Data\CyberLink\MediaCache have become filled with temp and bitmap files after having edited some 8 movies.
Can I safely purge some of these files? Will uninstalling re-installing PD5P clear these out?
I would like to generate my own 19Kb "template" bmp files, is it possible to do this?
Dick
Dafydd,
I left the movie as captured without dividing into 12 clips and placed titles and chapter starts manually, rendered using SVRT, created to HD using Smart Fit (compressing from 4.6Gb to 4.4Gb) and everything worked fine taking about 40 min. I then used DVDCopy to burn the VTS file taking about 45 min, again everything OK.
I also tried creating to HD without compressing, using DVDShrink to compress to 4.3Gb and Nero to burn to DVD-RW, also worked OK.
Dick
I too have just had the same problem, 3GHz P4, 2Gb RAM, 200Gb 7200 rpm SATA HD.
4.6Gb edited movie w' 12 chapters SVRT rendered, SMART FIT shrunk to 4.4Gb (which is still a bit too big). Tried to directly burn to single layer DVD-R, after 4hrs 2% complete still animating titles, checked Device Manager found PD5 running, after 1hr more pressed cancel button on Burning module and program hung (not responding). Repeated rendering to DVD file, same result and noticed that CPU was 100% occupied! Lost the edited clips because PD5P gave an error loading the project file then when the ignore button was pressed had to close on error.
Rendered a 2.9Gb video to HD ok but it took 2hrs.
(1) I can't believe that it should take this long rendering to a SATA HD with a 3GHz cpu. I think the 100% cpu usage itself should point to some loop like code problem.
(2) I need to know where to look for the various files created by PD5 so I can delete them for failed projects, using Search finds legions of files scattered in cache, documents etc etc.
Dick
Dafydd, I used PDP5 to edit a Fly Tying movie with very little motion that seems to be 4.6Gb long at DVD HQ. Since I can only get about 4.3Gb on a single layer disc I need to compress it somewhat but not down to 2.5Gb. Would DVD Shrink do this after I render the 4.6Gb to HD?
Thanks, Dick
How do I get non-animated (static) menus with PD5 Premium?
How much text is too much?
GrumpySister: I already contacted Cyberlink support after buying DVDSolution 4 which includes PD3Express and finding no analog capture, they gave me their usual advice of uninstalling, clearing the Registry, checking that the version 9 of DirectX is installed and installing the latest NVidia drivers. I followed the advice (a big hassle with all sorts of other repercussions) but still no analog capture. Before buying PD5 I specifically asked if capture cards are supported and it was implied that they were so I am reluctant to start another round of support e-mails
I think I may partition my HD and install XP and PD3 alone on that new partition then select which partition at boot, or possibly install a second SATA drive. In the previous posting I said I had a Sony TRV250, I meant a TRV950.
To Avatar: niether PD4 or PD5 seem to offer to detect the presence of the NVidia WMM compatible Universal Capture card. PD3 did but installing PD5 forces uninstallation of PD3 so screwing me.
To Grumpy sister: Hi8 tapes are analog hence the need of a capture card. If Cyberlink allowed PD3 and PD5 to coexist on my system I could capture with PD3 to a mpeg2 file and import to PD5. Incidently installing PD4Express as part of the DVDSolution bundle did not require uninstallation of PD3. In that sense PD5 was a step backward for me though of course it detects my Sony TRV250 minDV camera OK using Firewire as did PD3. I like to use the Canon Hi8 camera for shooting from my sailboat since it is more expendable and lighterthan the "prosumer" Sony.
Has anyone noticed that PD3 was the last version that can capture from a Hi8 camera via a universal video capture card? In order to use my Canon ES2000 I have to capture a .wmv file using Windows Movie Maker then import to PD4 or PD5. What's going on here? Planned obsolescence?
Mikimouse, my Preferences state 720x480 for both the smaller memory stick video and the normal miniDV video.
Dick
One clip shot with a Sony TRV950 used the memory stick instead of the miniDV cassette and as a cosequence has appears smaller (320x240) instead of (640x480) of following clips. Is it possible to "resize" this clip even if artifacts appear?
DVDs generated by PD5 Premium play fine on my computer in either of my Sony DVD drives using PDVD, however they only play in the RW drive that burnt them when using Windows Media Player or Real Player. They play fine in a stand alone DVD player.
PD3 used to allow attachment of PDVD runtime to allow play in computers not having PDVD installed, this is not possible with PD5. Because only one version of PD can exist on the computer installing PD5 uninstalls PD3 and the run time PDVD ability is lost. This makes distributing DVDs burnt with PD5 less attractive than those burnt using PD3 and ezPP3 since many do not have PDVD installed.
Any suggestions for a work around?
Go to: