Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to get different clip bit rates using PD5?
Dick Lane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2006 12:24 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, in order to attract your attention I am re-phrasing my earlier Variable Bit Rate inquiry.
I have captured some 9.7GB of video at "HQ" even though only some 1.5 GB of the total has much movement. I want to edit, title, set chapters and a menu and still burn the result to a single layer DVD.
Should I re-capture the clips from the minDV tape using different preferences for the little motion part and fast motion part?
Or, can I use the presently captured clips and re=sample the little motion parts at a lower bit rate to stay under 4.38GB?
Dick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2007 13:56

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dick,

In PD6 I would capture the tape data using the time-code to scene recognise the mpeg files. I would eliminate the boring and make a watchable video. I would capture at HQ, mpeg (DVD). Of course a miniDV can also capture in DVavi with time-code separation of the scenes.

I would suggest you strive to make the video you're creating watchable and then consider the length you've ended up with. If the scenes have limited movement but you want to include them.... speed them up or multiple PiP them or do an editor's cut and save the viewer

Right, as far as the DVD is concerned... I would select Smart Fit and I would create to a directory - since you are by what you've indicated going to create a video that will need to render down in size significantly.

Please spare the viewer... and make the video zippy and interesting.

I hope that's what you wanted.

Dafydd

The reason I didn't answer was to do with PD5 - I took a decision a while back just to answer the latest version... so I don't have to struggle to remember what previous versions could or could not do.

I've edited the miss-spelling of my name... Dafydd... pronounced Daaa-vith ..

Quote: Dafydd, in order to attract your attention I am re-phrasing my earlier Variable Bit Rate inquiry.
I have captured some 9.7GB of video at "HQ" even though only some 1.5 GB of the total has much movement. I want to edit, title, set chapters and a menu and still burn the result to a single layer DVD.
Should I re-capture the clips from the minDV tape using different preferences for the little motion part and fast motion part?
Or, can I use the presently captured clips and re=sample the little motion parts at a lower bit rate to stay under 4.38GB?
Dick
Dick Lane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2006 12:24 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Dafydd,
Thats exactly the advice I wanted.
Dick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2007 11:46