Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which files can be deleted and generating library bmps
Dick Lane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2006 12:24 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,
I notice that several folders such as C:\Documents and Settings\Richard Lane\Application Data\CyberLink\MediaCache have become filled with temp and bitmap files after having edited some 8 movies.
Can I safely purge some of these files? Will uninstalling re-installing PD5P clear these out?
I would like to generate my own 19Kb "template" bmp files, is it possible to do this?
Dick
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dick,

You are asking about a "Hidden Directory" and the CyberLink (temporary file) contents which allows the program to function and to call up in progress/saved data. This isn't an area I'd want to give advice on - it's a variable zone that changes for each of us.

Dafydd
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Per my observation, those files are all 80x60 BMP files. Since the folder name is "MediaCache", it might be something related to speed up such as a cache for video clip's thumbnail. If I were you, I'll leave them there except you got HDD space shortage.