Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
rendering time, is it supposed to take THIS long?
Alan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2007 18:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have been trying to produce a movie that has been rendering for over 6 hours through SVRT2. Is it supposed to take this long? I have been working on this project for the last two months for the whole team. Can you please help?

My computer is HP DV9010, with processor T5500, Intel Core II, 1.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM, two 120 GB hard drives.

I captured the movie from 14 hours of tape (different media), and editted it down to an hour and 15 minutes with just over 200 clips, music, transitions, audio, effects, Text, photos, and movie clips.

Parameters selected were: MPEG2 for NTSC, HQ. I checked scan source video clips. I had also previously checked every single clip to ensure that it had the right interlacing format.

The Task MGR shows that the software is "running", so it is not in "not responding" mode.

The problem is that in the six hours that it has been rendering through SVRT2, the pie chart has remained static in color coding, it shows like it is stuck on 3 O'clock, AND the horizontal line bar graph shows that 0% of the movie has been produced after all this time.

The available Time: 27:29: 56 (Does this mean that it will take 27 hours to produce?)
The Estimated time: 307611:57:3
The Elapsed Time: 06:22:08

On the top time scale without a lable but in the box, it shows: 05:09:35:07

It is my first time making a movie on Power Director. How long should I expect this to take? What do these time parameters above mean? Why is the pie chart static, and why is it saying that it has produced 0%?

Thanks.
Dick Lane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2006 12:24 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I too have just had the same problem, 3GHz P4, 2Gb RAM, 200Gb 7200 rpm SATA HD.
4.6Gb edited movie w' 12 chapters SVRT rendered, SMART FIT shrunk to 4.4Gb (which is still a bit too big). Tried to directly burn to single layer DVD-R, after 4hrs 2% complete still animating titles, checked Device Manager found PD5 running, after 1hr more pressed cancel button on Burning module and program hung (not responding). Repeated rendering to DVD file, same result and noticed that CPU was 100% occupied! Lost the edited clips because PD5P gave an error loading the project file then when the ignore button was pressed had to close on error.
Rendered a 2.9Gb video to HD ok but it took 2hrs.
(1) I can't believe that it should take this long rendering to a SATA HD with a 3GHz cpu. I think the 100% cpu usage itself should point to some loop like code problem.
(2) I need to know where to look for the various files created by PD5 so I can delete them for failed projects, using Search finds legions of files scattered in cache, documents etc etc.
Dick
Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Our CPU is still processing (and has been for the last seventeen hours) and is not at 100% -- it fluctuates between 40% and 70%. Also, the computer has not locked up. We are using PDP 5.0 premium.

The program is still running, and the file size indicates 7,013,044 kb.

It shows that the "Available Time" is 27 hours. Does this mean that it will take that amount of time to produce it?

Where are the PD 5 Gurus? Do I need to send an SOS for the benevolent Gods to shed some light on the issue?

Thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ladan, (ref: Alan)

"Dafydd y Garreg Wen" will I do? (As my Mam calls me)

Thank you for the PM's...I'm reading all and the postings.

1. What format (mpg or avi etc) did you capture the footage as?
2. What build number of PowerDirector (Look in About/Help)?
3. Close the program.

Your computer is fast enough...to speedily render this footage (Dual Core) so we need to find out what and where. Figuring out what ...that's the "fun" bit. I'm going to send you a few emails...just respond to confirm the first please.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 19. 2007 06:38

Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh! The Gods have been awakened. Thank you. I responded to your questions on email.
Ladan
Dick Lane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2006 12:24 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,
I left the movie as captured without dividing into 12 clips and placed titles and chapter starts manually, rendered using SVRT, created to HD using Smart Fit (compressing from 4.6Gb to 4.4Gb) and everything worked fine taking about 40 min. I then used DVDCopy to burn the VTS file taking about 45 min, again everything OK.
I also tried creating to HD without compressing, using DVDShrink to compress to 4.3Gb and Nero to burn to DVD-RW, also worked OK.
Dick
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dick, well done. I'm glad the Smart Fit instructions proved useful.

I saw your earlier posting. I'm presently sorting out Ladan's posting and will look at your issue later. There is a similarity etc.

Dafydd
serge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2007 19:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
hi, any conclusion on this one? i'm experiencing a similar problem..
thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Serge,

Yes, there was a conclusion to Alan/Ladan's posting. I have the DVD right next to me.

I'm not going to re-read all the emails at this time to isolate what was located by Alan/Ladan as the cause. I think it was a combination of an audio file being corrupt, length of file name and location of video information stored and placed on the hard drive. Once the data for PD5 was re-organised by Alan/Ladan into one place and sufficient processing room was available they created a super DVD.

Dafydd

Quote: hi, any conclusion on this one? i'm experiencing a similar problem..
thanks