Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Carl.
Before the purchase of a new system is made, I have learned from years of using PD9 that freezing and crashing is just par for the course.

If anyone is running PD12 without any problems I would love to know what your computer's configuration is.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel
Thanks Carl, I will definitely check out your specs.
I've used PD9 Ultra 64 for years and think it's an amazing software package when I'm not having problems with it. My present dell is more than powerful enough and has more than enough memory but I still have "not responding" issues and save my work every couple minutes and more frequently if I'm working on important stuff.

With that said, I'm passing on getting a new Imac just so that I can continue to use Power Director. For my next machine I want to know if anyone has bought or built a computer package that works flawlessly with PD11 and doesn't necessarily cost an arm and a leg to put together.

I love the software and just need the right package so to avoid the headaches. Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel
I agree 100% with you. I love the program and as I mentioned earlier because PD isn't MAC compatible I've stayed with my PC for that reason.

It is a great program, no ifs ands or butts!
Thanks for the feedback. I would love start upgrading my version but 9 has been great... except for crashing. From what I've read on the board freezing or crashing doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

As for getting a Mac it's a toss up.
Been using PD 9 for many years and think it's a great program if I can remember to keep saving before it freezes up; the freezing issues is the only reason I've never upgraded... and yes, my computer is more than powerful enough for the software.

With that said, I was just curious if anyone knows or have every heard rumor of PD being compatible with Apple computers one day. After 30years of PC's I would love to get a new IMAC but the only thing stopping that purchase is because I love this program.

Thanks in advance.
Quote: I doubt that there is anyway to protect the disk from copying in Powerdirector.

Even commercial DVDs can be copied with the right software.

It might be a good idea to put a copyright notice on the DVD as a first play video.

You may not be able to stop someone from copying the DVD, but you sure can tell them on the DVD copying is not allowed.

Thanks Carl.
Forgive me if this is a simple question but is there a way to make a video that will be burned to disc so that it can’t be copied? I want to give the video to one person but if anyone else wants a copy I don't want them to just burn it and get all me hard work for free.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel
Quote: The issue is most likely the audio properties of the clip. With the clip in the media library, extract audio, this will create a wav file. Try using this in the timline and mute the audio of the video clip. A work around but maybe it will get you by. Your other option is to convert the clip using 3rd party software to save in a format PD likes.

Jeff
Thanks, I'll try right now.
I just tried to add some .mpeg 4 video snippets to a new project for the kids. When I double click on the clip to preview it I have video and sound. After dragging the clip to the timeline I have only video and no sound.

As usual, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darrel
Quote: Can you confirm that you are running PD9 v.2930 or is it an earlier version.

Your video clips are all .mp4 and your aspect ratio is 4:3, can you give us the clip properties - resolution etc.

You also have an itunes .mp4 in the library but the maybe not in the timeline?

Ideally you need to follow the appropriate parts of the guidelines here :
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
before we can do anything but guess.

A screen capture of your timeline is a good starting point.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian, here's a screen shot. Is this helpful?

-Darrel
I've tried to render this and it just stops at about 70% and after 12 hours it's still going but doing nothing. Anyone have any thoughts on the problem.

Thanks,

Darrel

Quote: Hi Darrel,
With your set up you shouldn't be getting the lag, in my opinion.
I noticed:
1. the address location of your saved file and your media is the address default location. I would suggest you alter the setting in Properties > File. I doubt this will change anything but long addresses etc are never good for editing software. Best to store at C(in your case\ Video\Project\001.pds
2. I note you have ample space on your HDD (C). Which makes me wonder if the disk drive itself has issues with processing data (and giving this stress sign as a possible failure).
3. I have read a number from editors with the same CPU reporting a similar problem - a threading issue. I have mentioned this to CyberLink.
4. recheck you have the latest drivers - graphic, audio, check what you have on your system which may be running in the background (and virus checkers do cause editors problems), and switch them off.

Having experienced the "lag" using PD9, I can only state from experience - mine was a failing HDD in a USB which "fell asleep" all the time.

Dafydd

Appreciate the feedback. Have a nice weekend. Be well.
Quote: Huntley: I didn't see a screenshot. It sounds to me like PD9 is still processing something. On my computer, there is often a significant time lag (20 seconds or so) when completing the editing a scrolling title, for example. If you wait it out, control will return to you; if you keep pushing PD9 before it is finished processing, you will overwhelm it and your computer.

You are certainly free to choose another product, but I have to say that PD9 is the best product out there for the price. Some folks have initial difficulties getting PD9 to work for them, but the pros here are usually able to diagnose the problem and get them up and running and they don't look back.

You might also have conflicting software - there have been reports of that on this forum. If you want us to help, let us know and attach the screenshot and we will all do what we can. There are forum members here with all kinds of incredible expertise - collectively, we are not easily defeated or discouraged.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Phil, thanks for the information. I did discover what you said about the lag and waiting. As for PD9, I love it. It's just frustrating at times.
Quote: Hi Huntley,
Phil and Carl have given you useful ways forward.

Please can you supply a screenshot*?

*A screenshot of the contents is one of the "things" we ask for as basic information. It would have helped Phil determine very quickly if you had shadow files in operation plus other bits.

Guide info: Shadow files operation - you do NOT need this option. Look in preferences and uncheck the options:
Preferences > General > Enable HD video processing (uncheck the option asap)
Also:
Preferences > Confirmation > Always prompt me when I import HD video into the library.

Thanks
Dafydd

I did UNCHECK what you recommended. I've attached a screenshot of a frozen screen. What I did notice is that if I wait long enough PD9 unfreezes then freezes. I'm just going to move on to something else. Thanks for your assistance.
Quote: I'm not having a good day with PD9 today. I'm trying to open a ticket with Tech Support concerning the problem I mentioned earlier and when I hit submit I get this message (???support.cs.attach-message-alert???). Anyone know what this message means.

Thanks,

Darrel

After getting the message 8 times it finally went through on the 9th attempt.
I'm not having a good day with PD9 today. I'm trying to open a ticket with Tech Support concerning the problem I mentioned earlier and when I hit submit I get this message (???support.cs.attach-message-alert???). Anyone know what this message means.

Thanks,

Darrel
Quote: Hi Darrel,
"open with power director" gave me error regarding
your pds file. When "ignore"- it was blank.

Upon "importing" your pds file, error again-
could not open.

Nina

Thanks. I'll have to open a ticket to see if they know what's going on.
I finished the last two family projects finally and when PD9 is working the end result is amazing.

Today I thought I would try practicing with the PIP and do a 30 second piece to see if I could do the same thing I saw in the tutorial. After I play the piece once and then try to do anything with it things lock up, freeze or just plain old "Not Responding." Could one of you guys please see if you have the same problem; play it and then click on the PIP clip. One it's highlighted to edit is when I find that things stop working. For this little piece I have to save just prior to playing the piece and then CTRL ALT DEL to close the program so that I can reopen, try to edit, save, play, and then get locked up again.

As usual, I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel
Go to: