Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Protecting a video from being copied
Huntley10784 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2011 16:42 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Forgive me if this is a simple question but is there a way to make a video that will be burned to disc so that it can’t be copied? I want to give the video to one person but if anyone else wants a copy I don't want them to just burn it and get all me hard work for free.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I doubt that there is anyway to protect the disk from copying in Powerdirector.

Even commercial DVDs can be copied with the right software.

It might be a good idea to put a copyright notice on the DVD as a first play video.

You may not be able to stop someone from copying the DVD, but you sure can tell them on the DVD copying is not allowed. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Huntley10784 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2011 16:42 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I doubt that there is anyway to protect the disk from copying in Powerdirector.

Even commercial DVDs can be copied with the right software.

It might be a good idea to put a copyright notice on the DVD as a first play video.

You may not be able to stop someone from copying the DVD, but you sure can tell them on the DVD copying is not allowed.

Thanks Carl.
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
You could also put a watermark, discreetly but visibly, in a corner of the video. People could still copy it but you would have credit.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
DVD encryption requires a license and is easily defeated. I always use the watermark idea. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM