Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I finished the last two family projects finally and when PD9 is working the end result is amazing.

Today I thought I would try practicing with the PIP and do a 30 second piece to see if I could do the same thing I saw in the tutorial. After I play the piece once and then try to do anything with it things lock up, freeze or just plain old "Not Responding." Could one of you guys please see if you have the same problem; play it and then click on the PIP clip. One it's highlighted to edit is when I find that things stop working. For this little piece I have to save just prior to playing the piece and then CTRL ALT DEL to close the program so that I can reopen, try to edit, save, play, and then get locked up again.

As usual, I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel
Quote: Just one note, according to the Cyberlink customer support, it's not necessary to install all of the updates, the latest one will contain all of the updates.

Don

Thank you.
Quote: My downloads go to the 'Download' folder in my user account. Did you download the content package from the e-mail that had the license key and program download?

Jamie, I'm not sure I understand. I didn't get an email with a license code. I bought the program and downloaded from the disc I received.

-Darrel
Quote: Hi

They will be in the folder you downloaded the program to.

One is called PDR9_Ultra64 (which is the exe file) and the other is called Cyberlink.1519_contentPac_.

Use Windows 'Search programs and files' to find where you downloaded it to.

Neil, I was reinstalling, but after doing so the program made me reinstall the product key and it gave the congratulations message saying that successfully installed PD9 Ultra. I then searched for the files you said but neither were found. I went in the Cyberlink file and also searched via the search file in Win 7 for both but nothing. Does this sound right?
Quote:
I just started PD9 and in the upper left corner it appears that I was missing some "stuff": FILE, EDIT, VIEW, PLAYBACK.

Hi Huntley,

Sounds like they are just hidden.
If you click on the “blue filmstrip with the camera in it” icon, at the very top left of your screen, those missing menus will become visible again.

Thanks for the heads up. I reinstalled for the 4th time and it's back.... but I did what you said after and it worked as you said. ;

There are two files to install the main "PDR9_" and the " Cyberlink.1519 content pack".

I am no expert as to why your computer (seems powerful enough) does not 'like' PD9.

I do know that a current Quicktime version is very important so maybe try:

1. Ensure both 'files' are installed

2. Update/install the latest version of QT

3. Check out this thread to assist in 'why' PD9 does not work from one of the senior members :http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16273.page

Good luck

Cubby, it's getting a little late here and I just realized that I don't know how to know if I have main "PDR9_" and the " Cyberlink.1519 content pack" installed. If I don't, where do I get them?

There are two files to install the main "PDR9_" and the " Cyberlink.1519 content pack".

I am no expert as to why your computer (seems powerful enough) does not 'like' PD9.

I do know that a current Quicktime version is very important so maybe try:

1. Ensure both 'files' are installed

2. Update/install the latest version of QT

3. Check out this thread to assist in 'why' PD9 does not work from one of the senior members :http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16273.page

Good luck

Thanks Cubby. I look into it right now.

-Darrel
After getting past my last problem with PD9 having to do with using a SmartSound file I'm now ready to either get rid of this new computer or my new PD9 Ultra. Before I get to "something missing", I just have to say that I think this is probably a great piece of software but with all the problems I'm having a hard time looking past the pain.

I've submitted a ticket because I can edit small or large amounts of video with out PD9 freezing and then giving the "not responding message" and then shutting down. Even in the course of trying to edit a small 60 second piece of my son riding his bike for the first time it took a few hours because I was constantly having to restart the program.

Today I deleted and reinstalled PD9 three times. After the last install I then downloaded the four updates on the Cyberlink site. The not so funny thing, was that after the last reinstall and update I started editing again and new message appeard before PD9 crashed again: "6025 pure virtual function call". Since I've had so many problems with the thirty minute piece that took four days to work on I've decided to start over and re-edit and create a new family video.

Soooo, to the question of something missing. I just started PD9 and in the upper left corner it appears that I was missing some "stuff": FILE, EDIT, VIEW, PLAYBACK. Before I remove the program for the forth time, is there something I can do or am I just SOL with respect to using PD9?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Darrel

Quote: Hi Huntley -

This problem is almost Phil's all over again... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16498.page

This is weird! I opened the .pds file you posted, played it OK (audio present in preview) then produced the project to .wav, .wmv, .mpeg-2 - there was NO AUDIO in any produced file. N.B. also - there was no audio waveform in the .pds file.

Oddly, though the audio played in preview, I don't appear to have "Feature Presentation - Majesty" in my SS Library.

Replacing "Majesty" with any of the "Feature Presentation" variants made no difference. No audio in produced file. Swapping tracks made no difference either. Starting a new project & repeating actions made no difference. No audio in produced file.

Various other SS tracks worked fine.

There's something very flaky, wobbly, inconsistent (or however you want to describe it) going on between PD9 & some SmartSound tracks.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I can post a Dxdiag, screenshots, sample clips... but I doubt that any of it would help with this issue!

Tony: thanks for your input too. Funny thing. I was just about to post again. I figured it's just something weird and not worth taking any more time on the subject. I went and created another example and this time I imported some different music and the now the scrolling text and music worked perfectly. Simple fix.
Quote: Hi,
Thanks for the attachments. Just for starters your VGA drivers need to be updated - see guides.
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0029 (English)
Driver Version: 8.740.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/17/2010 20:06:18, 591872 bytes

I'll let you get on with that before examining SS etc.

Thanks
Dafydd

I did what you said and updated the ATI driver. In doing so, I still find that when viewing the "produced" clips there is zero music to be heard when the opening text is scrolling. On the other hand, when I view the clips as un-edited pds files there is music at that time playing during the scrolling text.
Quote: Huntley

Even those of us that normally do not have any problems I have mine set to auto save every 2 minutes. When my time line gets over an hour and 20-30 minutes I save every time I do anything. Only takes a second.

By the way, the project I am worming on right now I have the same title with music. Did that part yesterday......

Great info. I'll set mine to do that backup every two minutes.

Thanks.
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the information you asked for.
The system I'm using is a Dell XPS 7100:
AMD Phenom II X6 1045 2.7ghz.
8 GB ram
64 Bit, OS Win 7
1TB HD.

Questions:

1) Is it normal to have the program freeze up so frequently when working on a project? I find that I'm saving my project every couple minutes for fear of when the program will stop working.

2) In trying to to have some rolling text with some music at the beginning of my project I followed the Power Director directions and created the rolling text, put in some music from smart sound and it works. I then "produced" this small project (only the text and music) and saved as an Mpeg-2 movie file. When I open the file it plays but without the music. When I try to install into a project, again it play but without the sound. Is there something I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Darrel
Quote: This is a link to what another user posted on what he is planning on building in the way of a computer to work with HD videos.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16174.page

Thank you.
For years I have used Video Studio 9 with a nine year old computer for editing home movies. I would like to make the leap to P.D. Version 9 and in doing so I will either purchase a new computer or build one. The computer will not be used for gaming; rather, only home video & photo editing.

If there are any recommendations as to computer set ups (hardware) being used with P.D 9 it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Darrel

Go to: